weird SSD/HDD boot behaviour in Laptop

tracktype

partitionen.thumb.PNG.4d8ac830e9e8f5c2c8fba996762db5f1.PNGHello guys,

I have a Acer Nitro V laptop with a 1tb WD Blue harddrive and a 256Gb WD Black Pcie SSD and when I tried removing the harddrive for better batterylife and because I dont need it at the moment I ran into a strange issue.

It wasn't booting anymore and said "no bootable device" but that was kind of strange because it installed windows on the PCIe SSD. But it gets even better, the SSD isn't recognized in the BIOS bootorder menu but it is listed in the general information tab of the BIOS. This confuses me so much, because there is nothing crucial for the System on the HDD, just my Games.

The drives were likely in RAID 0 (striping, aka sharing data across both drives). When you removed the HDD you rendered the SSD unbootable.

7 hours ago, peacefulpolarbear said:

The drives were likely in RAID 0 (striping, aka sharing data across both drives). When you removed the HDD you rendered the SSD unbootable.

But I never set up any raid configuration, not to say that the simple type of bios even supported something like that.

15 hours ago, tracktype said:

But I never set up any raid configuration, not to say that the simple type of bios even supported something like that.

Your BIOS probably does support it. Some Acer laptops ship with RAID already set up.