SSD on a Asus Maximus Hero VII

Otatyaro

So I'm looking to buy an SSD for my pc. I mainly use it for gaming and doing some work with unreal engine. I was thinking about an m.2 just to avoid having to put more cables in the case. My motherboard is a Asus Maximus Hero VII.

I was thinking of getting 250Gb and having windows and the programs I use most on the SSD and using the HDD I currenty have to store my games library and my UE projects.

The Samsung 970 evo seems good (I can also keep it if I update my system in the future), maybe it's not worth getting someting so good for such an old system and I should just get a normal SATA SSD.

Can you guys please help me make up my mind to do a good purchase. Thanks

A non NVMe drive might be a good way to save, like a WD blue m.2

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yes! The SATA SSD is a good option, your use case does not require moving heavy files back and forth, so you won't "squeeze" everything that an NVME can offer.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming