LTX 2018

pApA^LeGBa
24 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@LoGiCalDrm Well that´s hard to know. You can´t see the content of a channel before paying. I hope that get´s fixed someday.

@Clanscorpia again, we talk about a YT channel here. Not a native speaker, so maybe i don´t get my point across. But YT is about content. And LTX is about the content on a YT channel. So your logic is at least for me not convincing. YOu also imply that they do it for the money with this btw.

@SansVarnic Yeah well, again, a YT channel doesn´t upload it´s activity on YT. Can´t compare that to superbowl.

It is actually a bit sad you think this. You have in a way blinded a very logical similarity and have separated it in order to create a logic that works for your argument. 

I think I will leave this conversation, as at this point my contribution will neither satisfy or help you see that your point of view may be skewed.

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

And by doing so they reducse the incentives to click another video on their channel for users that are too far away or simply can´t afford it.

And as I said this is their choice and those that wish to watch their channel do so, not because they decide to withheld one or a series of video that they have said that will be an exclusive to FP and livestreamed but not posted to YT, but because they understand that there will be exclusive content that will not be available in YT. 

There is quite a number of video content that was neither live streamed or posted on YT that can only be found on FP - as define by exclusivity.

You are demanding that they make available exclusive content that they have decided and announce will not be available publicly without paying a subscription as I stated about the current state of FP there will not be previews until the site gets it implemented - there is still a great deal amount of work to be completed and feature they have to implement.

I will tag @LinusTech and @Slick on this just so the source can maybe chime in because I am done attempting to make this point regardless of the examples that have been used up to now and you are not seeing or understanding and I have other things that require my attention at the moment. (I know this is not very mod like but seriously your stuck-in-a-rut and I cant see a method to help you with this atm)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 7/24/2018 at 4:10 AM, nicklmg said:

We have probably 1 video that's going to be coming from the event. For us, getting video coverage wasn't really the point, so unfortunately it kinda fell by the wayside.

Barnacules, Jayz, and GamersNexus all have some awesome content up from the event.

Hope to have an update on our 1 video soon :) 

On 11/27/2018 at 12:06 AM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

also @CPotter why was there no video coverage of LTX 2018? waited and waited and there was no video on it? 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:22 AM, CPotter said:

We filmed a video and it didn't turn out the way we wanted so it was never released. :( 

You can bet we'll do a MUCH better job of this for 2019.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

See the problem with floatplane (still in beta so no judgement here) is that i don´t even know how many videos there are for a channel. Not even that info is visible before paying.

Other than that, this is exactly like in gaming. Relying on fandom.  If you pull of such stunts in other business sections you get rekt. Easily spoken. Sorry. Non native. (In case you don´t get it, not blaming LTT or the gaming/YT industry here, but the customers that let them get away with it)

And to everyone comparing this too musicians; Those do a world tour. Not a once in a year event.

16 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

See the problem with floatplane (still in beta so no judgement here) is that i don´t even know how many videos there are for a channel. Not even that info is visible before paying.

Other than that, this is exactly like in gaming. Relying on fandom.  If you pull of such stunts in other business sections you get rekt. Easily spoken. Sorry. Non native. (In case you don´t get it, not blaming LTT or the gaming/YT industry here, but the customers that let them get away with it)

And to everyone comparing this too musicians; Those do a world tour. Not a once in a year event.

Floatplane is videos a week early and extra exclusive content. Everyone who pays knows that. And every other buisness sector does it, fandom is the only way to pull someone to something. Noone goes to a convention because they think "oh look theres a convention on the block, maybe Ill go". Theyre basically fandoms getting together. I dont think you understand why some things are exclusive. Youre acting like as an LTT subscriber youre entitled to everything they do, which absolutely is not true. And musicians are a great example, they just do it more often, which makes sense considering instead of 8 million fans they have tens and hundreds of millions. Its an exclusive event that you need to pay to view the content from it, and if that means going in person so be it. You need to realize that not everything a youtuber does has to be shown.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

8 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Floatplane is videos a week early and extra exclusive content. Everyone who pays knows that.

And that´s exactly the point. You have to pay to see what you will get. This is a principle of mine, i don´t pay when i don´t know what i exactly get. And ofc it´s a bit hard to determine that in this case but i would like at least roughly know about how much content we are talking about BEFORE i pay.

And again, talking musicians is like comparing apples and cows. They do a world tour. Tour. Meaning they visit a LOT of different places. Not a once in a year event.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

And by doing so they reducse the incentives to click another video on their channel for users that are too far away or simply can´t afford it.

I still don't follow your logic here. LMG is media company first. Everything else they do, be it meet-up for fans (which is what LTX is representing), giveaways or anything else besides YT, thats what they do for people who want to dive in deeper. If you want to do it or not, thats up to you. You don't loose anything special, its same with many other channels. Some have 2nd channel for vlogs, but most also have Patreon or some other form of subscription where you can contribute to dive even deeper.

32 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

You don't? Even though its said everytime they mention FP? Ad-free, 7-days before YT. I think Linus' pitch goes "If you want to support us, you can join Floatplane. Get early access to all our content, ad free." I don't know how many videos other channels/creators are posting, but I don't really care as I don't support/watch them. Sure they will have better explanation when site launches.

32 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Some do, some don't. You can't generalize. I've seen US band with their "World Tour" being 20 gigs in US and 1 in Canada. Plus, with most bands larger tours aren't that common.

9 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

And that´s exactly the point. You have to pay to see what you will get. This is a principle of mine, i don´t pay when i don´t know what i exactly get. And ofc it´s a bit hard to determine that in this case but i would like at least roughly know about how much content we are talking about BEFORE i pay.

What about now? We have pretty much told you what you are going to get. It's $3 USD for a month and you can cancel that right after paying. You can then go and download all the content LMG has published since site started working (sadly this since forum has even older stuff, also I still miss some early Vessel versions of videos). If you think thats too much, and with same time think that you would go to LTX which is 10x the price for just tickets, your logic truly escapes me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I already said, i wouldn´t go. Only if it´s in my town, maybe. Also said it´s a principle. If i have to rely on mouth to mouth then sorry, no money.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I already said, i wouldn´t go. Only if it´s in my town, maybe. Also said it´s a principle. If i have to rely on mouth to mouth then sorry, no money.

Then you don't have option to whine about it either. You can whine about YT content all you like, since technically thats the only part you somewhat pay. But rest is out of your complaining reach. Only paying customer is entitled to whine about service they pay.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It´s fun how stating that you can´t even roughly estimate what you gonna get for you money unil after you paid is whining. Usually that is called logic thinking.

It´s the opposite of beeing customerfriendly when you have to dig trough google to find out what to expect for your money. And no, the amount of money doesn´t matter here.

But it´s still beta, so we will see how this turns out finally. For all we know they already could have plans for this already.

To me you come across as whiny and entitled... That's just my logical thinking at work though.  :P

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

57 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It´s fun how stating that you can´t even roughly estimate what you gonna get for you money unil after you paid is whining. Usually that is called logic thinking.

You could see the shop ad before they took subscribing through forum down. But there's not going to be any preview, that defeats point of service. I'm sure that they will have same list of features added at some point for each creator on FP.

You said you'd be happy to pay FP if there would be LTX content. Now you are just refusing to do even that because our word isn't enough for you. Sure, my participation on this thread ends here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You could see the shop ad before they took subscribing through forum down. But there's not going to be any preview, that defeats point of service. I'm sure that they will have same list of features added at some point for each creator on FP.

You said you'd be happy to pay FP if there would be LTX content. Now you are just refusing to do even that because our word isn't enough for you. Sure, my participation on this thread ends here.

Simple reason. When i wrote that i didn´t know i have to pay blindly.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Simple reason. When i wrote that i didn´t know i have to pay blindly.

Thats what happens with Greed. The greedy want you to pay upfront and blindly.