LTX 2018

pApA^LeGBa

So i just came across LTT last october and after watching tons of videos, i was looking for footage of LTX2018. Just couldn´t find any from LMG. Do i miss something here? I only see videos from guests like jayztwocents.

They do that on purpose since its meant to be an exclusive in person experience, not one you can consume from your living room. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

12 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So they expect people to fly over from europe? Seriously? O.K. That´s kinda rude against everyone not living in Canada tbh.

They can't make everyone happy, that's simply not possible.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

yeah, well true that. But i doubt that the majority of the nearly 8 million are actually from Canada. I even doubt that more than 50% are from Canada and USA together. I have been a fanboy for different things in my life, but i would never spend that much money to see something in person because they stopped uploading footage about it. Never. Maybe if i would live in the same town. But even then, this is a tech channel. And people who love tech and socializing... (do i need to say more here?)

How many subcribers do live near enough to not need a plane for that?

23 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So they expect people to fly over from europe? Seriously? O.K. That´s kinda rude against everyone not living in Canada tbh.

as well as people living in Canada who can't go. Also, footage of LTX is always going to be less entertaining than actually attending.

@VegetableStu Near the Airport? Is this a serious answer? Really?

Rather upload to YT again. Or Floatplane. I am willing to pay for that. But not for a flight from Europe to Canada.

Also i highly doubt that you can host more than 100K people. Even if it is possible to host 500K there is still 7.5 Million left out, on purpose. I really do not understand that. Is this some kind of stretched out Aprils Fools? Or do they really excpect a huge plus in ticketsales with that? I hope not, because if that is a sales thing, i see a dark future for LTT.

Just now, pApA^LeGBa said:

i see a dark future for LTT.

IMO LMG is becoming an entertainment company that caters to people interested in tech instead of being a company that reviews tech.

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

okay that was a bit tone deaf

this is only their third year. moving to the US is already difficult enough, let alone moving to the other landmass on this globe. try thinking what would it take to fly over their own past equipment or booths in 2018 or 2017.

Then put it on YT again. Because if it is a live only experience you will never reach the majority of your viewer. Never.

So this is actually not a joke, or some kind of missing footage that got lost or something? This is serious? They really don´t upload it so people come and visit in person?

I am sorry, i really have a hard time believing this when talking about a 8 mIllion subscriber channel here. They leave out the majority of their viewers on purpose, surely knowing that a LOT will never be able to afford visiting in person.

And what good is a livestream? For a european viewer. Who surely has not the time to sit at the PC the whole LTX weekend at crazy hours due to timezones. Jeez. Is this really serious?

4 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So this is actually not a joke, or some kind of missing footage that got lost or something? This is serious? They really don´t upload it so people come and visit in person?

I am sorry, i really have a hard time believing this when talking about a 8 mIllion subscriber channel here. They leave out the majority of their viewers on purpose, surely knowing that a LOT will never be able to afford visiting in person.

And what good is a livestream? For a european viewer. Who surely has not the time to sit at the PC the whole LTX weekend at crazy hours due to timezones. Jeez. Is this really serious?

Just because you cant afford to visit something doesnt mean youre entitled to watch footage of it. 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

@Clanscorpia I would agree with you. If we weren´t talking about a YT channel here wich naturally is ALL about footage.

And again, no matter how big LTX might get in future, it will always mean they leave out the majority of viewers on purpose. Because even if everyone could afford it and were all wiling to spend the money, it is impossible to make it happen for all viewers.

Also i could afford it. It would just be waaay over the top to spend at least 1000€ (propably way more, i didn´t google) for flight, hotel and all that. I´d rather buy another gaming machine for that money, i don´t need one, but still.

38 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Rather upload to YT again. Or Floatplane. I am willing to pay for that. But not for a flight from Europe to Canada.

Floatplane does have videos from LTX. The 2018 videos on stage (Jayz video covers partly same). And older 2017 BTS vlogs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Your argument is pointless [I don't say this to be rude so bear with me] but it has diminishing return. If LMG decided to move the LTX to say Brazil, well its nice for Brazilian's now but Europeans, North Americans, and Asians still need to travel, or what about another location and those that need to travel across the ocean to travel to that location …. so on and so forth.

You are taking a very selfish and entitled position here. 

Exclusivity is part of what LTX was designed for and livestreaming the event is a way for them to share this. If they chose not to leave it up and that is for LMG and Linus to decide how to produce and air their shows. Fans have opinions and though can sway decisions of how the show is aired your attitude about this is not in any opinion and encouraging one as it is demanding instead of asking.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

yeah, well true that. But i doubt that the majority of the nearly 8 million are actually from Canada. I even doubt that more than 50% are from Canada and USA together. I have been a fanboy for different things in my life, but i would never spend that much money to see something in person because they stopped uploading footage about it. Never. Maybe if i would live in the same town. But even then, this is a tech channel. And people who love tech and socializing... (do i need to say more here?)

How many subcribers do live near enough to not need a plane for that?

Again.. lets take the super bowl for an example, its exclusive to its location and people do fly from around the world to watch it and pay a large fee to watch it on satellite.

Now I have half a mind to lock this thread but for now I will leave it open but if the discussion continues to devolve or become toxic I or another mod will lock it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

22 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Clanscorpia I would agree with you. If we weren´t talking about a YT channel here wich naturally is ALL about footage.

And again, no matter how big LTX might get in future, it will always mean they leave out the majority of viewers on purpose. Because even if everyone could afford it and were all wiling to spend the money, it is impossible to make it happen for all viewers.

Also i could afford it. It would just be waaay over the top to spend at least 1000€ (propably way more, i didn´t google) for flight, hotel and all that. I´d rather buy another gaming machine for that money, i don´t need one, but still.

If you dont want to go, thats your choice and you cant complain about not seeing footage from it. Im not going to complain that I cant attend a concert or hear its live recordings. Based on your logic Im entitled to video footage and music from the concert because theyre "all about music". Concerts ALWAYS leave out the vast majority of listeners but people dont use that argument. 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

@LoGiCalDrm Well that´s hard to know. You can´t see the content of a channel before paying. I hope that get´s fixed someday.

@Clanscorpia again, we talk about a YT channel here. Not a native speaker, so maybe i don´t get my point across. But YT is about content. And LTX is about the content on a YT channel. So your logic is at least for me not convincing. YOu also imply that they do it for the money with this btw.

@SansVarnic Yeah well, again, a YT channel doesn´t upload it´s activity on YT. Can´t compare that to superbowl.

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Clanscorpia again, we talk about a YT channel here. Not a native speaker, so maybe i don´t get my point across. But YT is about content. And LTX is about the content on a YT channel. So your logic is at least for me not convincing. YOu also imply that they do it for the money with this btw.

Musicians are about music, and they dont release their concert music, or have everyone attend their concerts. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Musicians are about music, and they dont release their concert music, or have everyone attend their concerts. 

Musicians make their money with selling something to the customer. Unlike a YT channel. That´s apples and potatoes you are comparing here.  A YT channel that refuses to show it´s activity on YT. I will never get that logic.

11 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@LoGiCalDrm Well that´s hard to know. You can´t see the content of a channel before paying. I hope that get´s fixed someday.

I don't think so. You will have broad advertisement saying that FP will receive exclusive content. But considering there are spoilers even if you could see just titles and/or thumbnails. You don't see upcoming videos on YT unless channel specially schedules them. They could advertise those videos on WAN Show, but I still don't get why they should. They are added bonus for paying.

Besides, its $3 now, maybe $5 later. Compare that to plane tickets and hotels and then think again.

Musicians make their money with selling something to the customer. Unlike a YT channel. That´s apples and potatoes you are comparing here.  A YT channel that refuses to show it´s activity on YT. I will never get that logic.

I don't get how this relates to original question. LMG is media company. Why you don't directly pay them by watching YT, Google pays them ad-revenue which you, among others, generate by viewing. Nothing in this world is free, not even dying.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Youre thinking very selfishly here. Musicians making their concerts exclusive, is the exact same as a YouTube channel making a convention exclusive. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

@LoGiCalDrm You are fine with paying before you know what exactly you pay for? Well. I am not. No matter how much it costs and what we talk about.

@Clanscorpia Why? It´s not like it would cost them extra money. They would even make more money when the uplopad.

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@LoGiCalDrm You are fine with paying before you know what you pay for? Well. I am not. No matter how much it costs and what we talk about.

But I do know what I'm getting. I get ad-free videos, early access, some exclusive content, and I support LMG. That is what I pay for.

E: And ability to download my favorite videos, thats nice too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, pApA^LeGBa said:

You are fine with paying before you know what you pay for? Well. I am not. No matter how much it costs.

This is a choice we all have to make. 

As it stands FP is still in Beta and not actively publicly advertised, it is well known to those in the LTT community that the content is exclusive. FP was openly revealed and discussed in the forums.

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

But I do know what I'm getting. I get ad-free videos, early access, some exclusive content, and I support LMG. That is what I pay for.

E: And ability to download my favorite videos, thats nice too.

Exactly.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

@LoGiCalDrm You are fine with paying before you know what exactly you pay for? Well. I am not. No matter how much it costs and what we talk about.

@Clanscorpia Why? It´s not like it would cost them extra money. They would even make more money when the uplopad.

Because they dont want to? Its an exclusive event. It reduces the incentives to go to the event if they broadcast it.

Spoiler

AXIOM

8 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Because they dont want to? Its an exclusive event. It reduces the incentives to go to the event if they broadcast it.

And by doing so they reducse the incentives to click another video on their channel for users that are too far away or simply can´t afford it.