Floatplane payments are migrating! Read more... ×
Phishing Emails - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RollinLower

cablemod AIO sleeving, but for custom watercooling?

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Alright, first of all i wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but i guess it's a mod so modding would be appropriate?

anyway, i love the look of @CableMod's custom AIO sleeving you can put over the tubes of well, an AIO cooler.

if you're not familliar, it looks somewhat like this:

CM-ASK-S1KW-R-2.thumb.jpg.a863c904ad5c5523182fae153debf207.jpg

i really want a simmilar look, but i have a small problem. i have a custom watercooled build. 

Spoiler

IMG_20181211_114439.thumb.jpg.ef073166b9d6509ef36192e6ed1b2c7d.jpg

So the question then: is there anything like this sleeving from the guys over at Cable Mod, but in a big sheet you can just kinda cut to size yourself? also, what about those end caps, are they really necessary for the sleeving to stay in place?

any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by RollinLower
typos

X399M Taichi - 1920X - Titan X Pascal - GTX 1070 FE - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

BlackMac buildlog Toasty Buildlog 60% Keyboard Buildlog

HIgh TDP, Low volume.

Why not just color the liquid the color you want the sleeves to be? I don't think you can buy it in just a long strand, though you can talk to Cablemod directly if you so desire. The end caps keep the end of the sleeving from fraying, most likely, and just help clean up the look. It might fit over your tubing, assuming you're using thinner walled tubing like 10/13. Though you can probably find the diameter in the specs.

F@H Team Rank: 68                                                              A single, faster GPU is better than two slower ones in SLI

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.1GHz/1.29v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro AIO || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q || Custom Loop waiting to go in

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

My Truck --- 1998.5 24v Cummins || ECSB || 47RE, Goerend triple disk TC & shift kit || 4" Turbo Back, 22" KMC (XD) Bombs, Airdog II-4G Lift Pump

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Total invested: $360 USD (excluding 1080 Ti)

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Why not just color the liquid the color you want the sleeves to be?

i tried coloured liquids before, tough the results where not pretty. i tend to stay away from all premixes and just mix my own demi-water with some biocide nowadays. 

also, i really would love to go for that fabric-look this gives the tubing. makes it more unique you know?

X399M Taichi - 1920X - Titan X Pascal - GTX 1070 FE - Dominator Plats SE Contrast - InWin 301 - EVGA 850 G2 - Full Custom Watercooling

HIgh TDP, Low volume.

Iirc, CableMod AIO sleeves are just wraps that you put around the tube, so that should work for custom tubes too I guess?

EDIT: In case you cannot get a particular size from CMod, just email them and ask if it would be possible to get a bigger sheet (or buy a sheet from another general seller).

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (3.6GHz; 1.25v) Cooler:  Noctua NF-A9x14 on Wraith Spire Heatsink Mobo: Asus Strix B350-i Gaming GPU: Sapphire PULSE RX 580 8GB (1305 MHz) RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz 14CL 2x8GB SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: ADATA Ultimate SU800 128GB M.2 PSUCorsair SF450 Case: Fractal Design Node 202 Monitor1ViewSonic XG2401 144Hz 24" / AOC G2460PF 144Hz 24"

Laptop

Microsoft Surface

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button. 

Spoiler

Retired Devices and Inventory:

• Asus NV56 17" (i7-3360QM, NVIDIA GT 650M, DDR3 8GB) laptop
  • Lenovo Thinkpad X220 12" (i5 vPro 2520M, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Samsung DDR3 1300MHz 9CL 2x4GB) laptop
  • Biostar X370GTN Racing Mini-ITX motherboard

5 minutes ago, Nocte said:

or buy a sheet from another general seller

a sheet of what tough? is this just like normal fabric or is it special stuff?

HIgh TDP, Low volume.

Bitwit in this video says that they are Nylon-like fabric, similar to cablemod's cable sleeving material:

I don't know for sure. Plus you would need to make sure that the sheet folds on itself or it won't stay in place.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (3.6GHz; 1.25v) Cooler:  Noctua NF-A9x14 on Wraith Spire Heatsink Mobo: Asus Strix B350-i Gaming GPU: Sapphire PULSE RX 580 8GB (1305 MHz) RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz 14CL 2x8GB SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: ADATA Ultimate SU800 128GB M.2 PSUCorsair SF450 Case: Fractal Design Node 202 Monitor1ViewSonic XG2401 144Hz 24" / AOC G2460PF 144Hz 24"

Laptop

Microsoft Surface

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button. 

Spoiler

Retired Devices and Inventory:

• Asus NV56 17" (i7-3360QM, NVIDIA GT 650M, DDR3 8GB) laptop
  • Lenovo Thinkpad X220 12" (i5 vPro 2520M, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Samsung DDR3 1300MHz 9CL 2x4GB) laptop
  • Biostar X370GTN Racing Mini-ITX motherboard

normal fabric should work but you would need to stich it or find a different way to give it the round shape. What you want is larger diameter leeving. If you don't want to undo all the fittings you need to slice it open like you would do when cutting these sleevings.

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

normal fabric should work but you would need to stich it or find a different way to give it the round shape. What you want is larger diameter leeving. If you don't want to undo all the fittings you need to slice it open like you would do when cutting these sleevings.

i'm planning on modding my case anyway, so i would need to disassemble my entire pc at some point in the future. i thought this would be a good time to also sleeve the tubes.

3 minutes ago, Nocte said:

I don't know for sure. Plus you would need to make sure that the sheet folds on itself or it won't stay in place.

yeah that's also a issue. i guess i could just make the stuff a little longer so the compression fittings that hold in my tubing als hold in the baric? i think that would look the cleanest.

HIgh TDP, Low volume.

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

i guess i could just make the stuff a little longer so the compression fittings that hold in my tubing als hold in the baric? i think that would look the cleanest.

Is this water tight (capillary action)?

Since you want to disassemble your pc anyway you could use colored tubing and or frosted tubing.

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

Is this water tight (capillary action)?

Since you want to disassemble your pc anyway you could use colored tubing and or frosted tubing.

holy crap i just noticed the typos i made in that post. those are pretty brutal.

anyway, coloured tubing is ofcourse always an option, and tbh i will probably be switching to black tubing when i get to the modding just to not have any of the tubing show through the fabric.

i really do want that 'sleeved' fabric look tough. and afaik there really isn;t any tubing that provides that.

HIgh TDP, Low volume.

You can order cable sleeves off eBay, just measure the diameter of the lines 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-SIZES-COLORS-5-FT-100-FT-Expandable-Cable-Sleeving-Braided-Tubing-LOT/222470958795?hash=item33cc4d6ecb:m:mO_cCrPCeq_uycUjOrrA6rA:sc:USPSFirstClass!46304!US!-1

i used to use this stuff all the time for custom cable sleeving, my 12$ Chinese power supply and 750ti/Pentium g3260 build looked super cool 

Build the PC you want to build, not what others tell you is best. If you want to sacrifice faster ram or a better motherboard for parts that look cooler, go for it. It's your PC.

Safe used buys:

-Processors

-Motherboards (inspect the pins on LGA sockets)

-RAM

-Cases

- Air Coolers

-Midrange or entry level GPUs 

Potential risky Buys:

-Hot, high end graphics cards

-Power supplies

-AIO liquid coolers

-m.2 SSD's

Do NOT buy used:

-SATA SSDs

-hard drives, especially enterprise tier