cablemod AIO sleeving, but for custom watercooling?

RollinLower

Alright, first of all i wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but i guess it's a mod so modding would be appropriate?

anyway, i love the look of @CableMod's custom AIO sleeving you can put over the tubes of well, an AIO cooler.

if you're not familliar, it looks somewhat like this:

CM-ASK-S1KW-R-2.thumb.jpg.a863c904ad5c5523182fae153debf207.jpg

i really want a simmilar look, but i have a small problem. i have a custom watercooled build. 

Spoiler

IMG_20181211_114439.thumb.jpg.ef073166b9d6509ef36192e6ed1b2c7d.jpg

So the question then: is there anything like this sleeving from the guys over at Cable Mod, but in a big sheet you can just kinda cut to size yourself? also, what about those end caps, are they really necessary for the sleeving to stay in place?

any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by RollinLower
typos

Why not just color the liquid the color you want the sleeves to be? I don't think you can buy it in just a long strand, though you can talk to Cablemod directly if you so desire. The end caps keep the end of the sleeving from fraying, most likely, and just help clean up the look. It might fit over your tubing, assuming you're using thinner walled tubing like 10/13. Though you can probably find the diameter in the specs.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

3 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Why not just color the liquid the color you want the sleeves to be?

i tried coloured liquids before, tough the results where not pretty. i tend to stay away from all premixes and just mix my own demi-water with some biocide nowadays. 

also, i really would love to go for that fabric-look this gives the tubing. makes it more unique you know?

Iirc, CableMod AIO sleeves are just wraps that you put around the tube, so that should work for custom tubes too I guess?

EDIT: In case you cannot get a particular size from CMod, just email them and ask if it would be possible to get a bigger sheet (or buy a sheet from another general seller).

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Bitwit in this video says that they are Nylon-like fabric, similar to cablemod's cable sleeving material:

I don't know for sure. Plus you would need to make sure that the sheet folds on itself or it won't stay in place.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

normal fabric should work but you would need to stich it or find a different way to give it the round shape. What you want is larger diameter leeving. If you don't want to undo all the fittings you need to slice it open like you would do when cutting these sleevings.

i'm planning on modding my case anyway, so i would need to disassemble my entire pc at some point in the future. i thought this would be a good time to also sleeve the tubes.

3 minutes ago, Nocte said:

I don't know for sure. Plus you would need to make sure that the sheet folds on itself or it won't stay in place.

yeah that's also a issue. i guess i could just make the stuff a little longer so the compression fittings that hold in my tubing als hold in the baric? i think that would look the cleanest.

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

Is this water tight (capillary action)?

Since you want to disassemble your pc anyway you could use colored tubing and or frosted tubing.

holy crap i just noticed the typos i made in that post. those are pretty brutal.

anyway, coloured tubing is ofcourse always an option, and tbh i will probably be switching to black tubing when i get to the modding just to not have any of the tubing show through the fabric.

i really do want that 'sleeved' fabric look tough. and afaik there really isn;t any tubing that provides that.