Cursor moving but screen frozen?

boey

So my friend suddenly had the problem where his PC would freeze, but the cursor would be moving. I thought it could be a memory issue so I guided him to turn of XMP and he did. It was fine after though it took very long to boot. That was yesterday. Now he faces the same issue. My other friend is facing a similar issue and they both use the SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB. He said apps that were running very slow were all on the SSD, and that games on his HDD were running fine.

He moved Chrome to the HDD and now he says it's much faster than before. Does this point to an SSD failure or could it be something else? The parts were bought in like early December 2018, so it's not old.

System specs:

Probably the SSD if it's two systems, each with the SSD being trash, in different circumstances.

For a good 500GB SSD, I recommend a 970 EVO 500GB if you have some money to spend or a 860 EVO or MX500 500GB if you don't have much.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Probably the SSD if it's two systems, each with the SSD being trash, in different circumstances.

For a good 500GB SSD, I recommend a 970 EVO 500GB if you have some money to spend or a 860 EVO or MX500 500GB if you don't have much.

Samsung and Crucial's SSD's are god-awfully expensive- 500GB one can set me back more than $180 usd. The other ones are less expensive, closer to market price of regular SSDs. That's why I went with SanDisk and not Samsung. 

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

Samsung and Crucial's SSD's are god-awfully expensive- 500GB one can set me back more than $180 usd. The other ones are less expensive, closer to market price of regular SSDs. That's why I went with SanDisk and not Samsung. 

Where the fuck do you live that 500GB SSDs are 180$ USD???

Anyway, maybe a Patriot Burst 480GB or a A400 480GB would do well?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

2 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Where the fuck do you live that 500GB SSDs are 180$ USD???

Singapore. Only Samsung ones are $180