File Transfers over web.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer files directly between 2 computers across the net. As an example I have a large folder of project files and resources I would like to send over to my friend for editing and I need the file tree to be intact so he doesn't have to relink 100++ files all over again. I know some options like cloud storage, wetransfers, plus transfers, asus web storage. But they still require a online and offline period where the other party have to wait for the upload/download to be completed before he start vetting the files. There used to be Teamviewer that allow access to desktop and do file transfers but Teamviewer changed their policy and we're locked out as "business users" So we're out of options. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, Annihilist said:

So I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer files directly between 2 computers across the net. As an example I have a large folder of project files and resources I would like to send over to my friend for editing and I need the file tree to be intact so he doesn't have to relink 100++ files all over again. I know some options like cloud storage, wetransfers, plus transfers, asus web storage. But they still require a online and offline period where the other party have to wait for the upload/download to be completed before he start vetting the files. There used to be Teamviewer that allow access to desktop and do file transfers but Teamviewer changed their policy and we're locked out as "business users" So we're out of options. Any ideas?

drive would be nice, but you'll have to wait for the upload...

There is no possible way to transfer files between 2 computers without using download and upload. This excludes physical options, of course.

Not used anything myself, but first thing that comes to mind is possibly Skype?

https://www.dummies.com/education/internet-basics/how-to-transfer-files-with-skype/

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34644/skype-file-sharing-file-types-size-and-time-limits

300mb limit.

Something like Drive/Dropbox etc will allow 1 of you to upload bit by bit, and 1 to download bit by bit.

You could share a drive remotely?

https://www.howtogeek.com/192074/5-ways-to-access-your-pcs-files-over-the-internet/

That starts to get complicated.

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

drive would be nice, but you'll have to wait for the upload...

Do you mean google drive?

1 minute ago, Annihilist said:

Do you mean google drive?

is the file under 15 gigs? just make a google account, upload it to drive and let him download it back

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

is the file under 15 gigs? just make a google account, upload it to drive and let him download it back

sadly no. it's video files. 4K. High bitrates. Some files individually are already about 2GB

1 minute ago, Annihilist said:

sadly no. it's video files. 4K. High bitrates. Some files individually are already about 2GB

do you mind paying for it? drive has pretty low pricing, you can check it out at their website

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

do you mind paying for it? drive has pretty low pricing, you can check it out at their website

I do know about the price. We're doing freelance work so I'm hoping to keep our budget low. If really worse come to worse we'll have to use it. 

8 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Thanks by the way

You could use an extra machine as an FTP server, then port forward through your router. Probably not the most secure way to do it, but it's the cheapest since you're paying for the hardware (or ideally you already have the hardware)

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

5 minutes ago, Annihilist said:

I do know about the price. We're doing freelance work so I'm hoping to keep our budget low. If really worse come to worse we'll have to use it. 

for me the prices are the following

100 gb: 19,99 euro per year

200 gb: 29,99 euro per year

2 tb: 99,99 per year

10 tb: 99,99 per month

20 tb: 199,99 per month

30 tb: 299,99 per month

There's Resilio Sync which uses peer-to-peer style transfers. Still, you are going to be waiting for download/upload speeds, but connection will be direct between the two machines. So any limits are purely on drive speeds and your internet speeds.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv