OnBoard Graphics

p123

According to a video I have watched some motherboards must have a component with includes intergrated graphics(APU OR Graphics card)to display them on the monitor.Does this mean that motherboards must have a component which includes graphics to display on the monitor?

on older motherboards the gpu was on the motherboard. these days most cpu's have them built into the die or just don't have them

what cpu/board are we talking about here?

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

on older motherboards the gpu was on the motherboard. these days most cpu's have them built into the die or just don't have them

what cpu/board are we talking about here?

Gigabyte b350 gamin 3 rev 1

Amd ryzen 3 1300X

1 minute ago, p123 said:

Gigabyte b350 gamin 3 rev 1

Amd ryzen 3 1300X

the board and cpu are too new to have "intergrated graphics" on the motherboard. that was I thought 2006 and earlier

the 1300x doens't have a intergrated graphics either, only the 2200g and 2400g have that. 

you'll need a gpu...

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

the board and cpu are too new to have "intergrated graphics" on the motherboard. that was I thought 2006 and earlier

the 1300x doens't have a intergrated graphics either, only the 2200g and 2400g have that. 

you'll need a gpu...

According to the website of the board.

Onboard Graphics

Yes

Do I still needs a gpu?

Just now, p123 said:

According to the website of the board.

Onboard Graphics

Yes

Do I still needs a gpu?

yes. because it "supports" a intergrated gpu if it's on the cpu itself, which is on the 2200g and 2400g, but not on the 1300x

yes

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

yes. because it "supports" a intergrated gpu if it's on the cpu itself, which is on the 2200g and 2400g, but not on the 1300x

yes

This is right.

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.