New build starts up, shuts down for 2 seconds and restarts.

Go to solution Solved by P4inkiller,
12 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

It's your BIOS trying memory settings. Go to BIOS and set X.M.P., set some other settings to manual if needed and disable memory check if everything will be ok.

okey i just checked this was it, thanks. how do i close the thread?

Well basicly the title explains my problem. I recently build a a new pc for the first time and am not neven sure if this is a problem.

Anyways my Pc starts up when i click on the on switch, the fans go on but after like a second everything goes off and after 2 seconds it restarts normaly.

Like i said i am not even sure if that is unusual, i was only using laptops for the last 12 years, sooo thanks for any kind of advice.

My specs are: ryzen 2600, asus b-350 gaming plus, 16 gb ddr4 3000, 500watt be quiet, 1060 6gb, a wifi pci card, a 500gb ssd and a 500gb hhd

Could be the BIOS not being updated.

Did the motherboard box come with a 'Ryzen 2000 Ready' sticker on it? If not, you need to get a cheap CPU like the A6-9500(E and non-E), A8-9600 or Athlon X4 950, put that in, update your BIOS to the latest BIOS, and put your 2600 back in. A Ryzen 2nd gen processor (Zen+) like the Athlon 200GE will not work. Or you could get it updated at a shop

It's most likely something else however

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Most likely a RAM issue. If you have multiple sticks, try removing all but one and trying it in different slots. If that doesn't work, try with another stick. May be a good idea to give the RAM an extra push into the slots. I had an issue with my server recently with it going into a boot loop and giving one of the RAM sticks a push made it boot up no problem 

EDIT: OR as mentioned above, possibly BIOS if you bought the board a while ago. I'd try RAM first.

Sry for not being clear enough, i have the newest bios update on it and after the second start i can get into windows. The system recognizes both 8gb ram sticks.

It's your BIOS trying memory settings. Go to BIOS and set X.M.P., set some other settings to manual if needed and disable memory check if everything will be ok.

1 minute ago, P4inkiller said:

Sry for not being clear enough, i have the newest bios update on it and after the second start i can get into windows. The system recognizes both 8gb ram sticks.

I've got an asus motherboard myself aswell, it's doing the same thing. I Have read about this 'issue' from at least 50 people with asus motherboards.

Nothing to worry about :)

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

Just now, homeap5 said:

oh okey that might be it i will check, but what exactly do you mean with some other settings

12 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

okey i just checked this was it, thanks. how do i close the thread?

2 hours ago, P4inkiller said:

oh okey that might be it i will check, but what exactly do you mean with some other settings

I mean that I don't know your BIOS and what settings do you have. And it's always good idea to configure everything right and check what options do you have. Good that my advice helps, even if you marked your answer as the best one. ;)

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I mean that I don't know your BIOS and what settings do you have. And it's always good idea to configure everything right and check what options do you have. Good that my advice helps, even if you marked your answer as the best one. ;)

yeah sry totaly new here and i dont use forums normaly, so yeah your answer was the solution. ^^´