Floatplane payments are migrating! Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OnyxArmos

Show me your phone's homescreen!

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm kind of interested in how everyone lays out their phone's home screen, and what apps you have at the forefront of your phone.

Here's mine:

image.png.496bb0f2c282e9c4716a178e0fcf7bc8.png

Here's my home screen:

Spoiler

111111111.thumb.png.2056b02336902726093d1b1c102d9504.png

and my lock screen (even though you didn't ask for it):

Spoiler

2222222.thumb.png.8f43c01d00f1114f3d364ec2443065d8.png

For the clock on my home screen I used Zooper Widget Pro and huk zooper. For the pixel 2 signal icons I used Andromeda and a pixel theme I found (can't remember what it was called). I also used Nova Launcher because I hate TouchWiz.

I'm not liable for anything that may happen to you and your PC if you decide to follow my advice. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

Make sure to tag or quote who you are trying to reply to, that way they will see your answer.

Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List 3.0 | Posting Guidelines | Ask me anything

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

Here's my home screen:

Reveal hidden contents

111111111.thumb.png.2056b02336902726093d1b1c102d9504.png

and my lock screen (even though you didn't ask for it):

Reveal hidden contents

2222222.thumb.png.8f43c01d00f1114f3d364ec2443065d8.png

Ooooh yours looks really professional 

Does your phone have an OLED/AMOLED screen? I bet that would look really nice since both your homescreen and lockscreen are both a deep black

358713524_Screenshot_20190112-115438_SamsungExperienceHome.thumb.jpg.0bd768aeb423a481bc4fc2a9b276e506.jpg

Pretty standard but filled to the brim.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Screenshot_20190112-124945_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

CPU:i7 9700k, Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC, Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB, PSU:Corsair CS 650 M Gold, Display(s):Samsung P2470HD, SAMSUNG LS24E390HL, Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T, Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire, Mouse:Razer Naga Mouse 2014Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma, Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker

2 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

Ooooh yours looks really professional 

Does your phone have an OLED/AMOLED screen? I bet that would look really nice since both your homescreen and lockscreen are both a deep black

Yeah, it has an OLED display. It's a Samsung Galaxy S7 so not the best OLED around but it looks really nice.

The bold Roboto font I added looks really nice as well.

I'm not liable for anything that may happen to you and your PC if you decide to follow my advice. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

Make sure to tag or quote who you are trying to reply to, that way they will see your answer.

Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List 3.0 | Posting Guidelines | Ask me anything

1 minute ago, Sfekke said:

Pretty standard but filled to the brim.

Oh my that background image is beautiful 

I've gotta ask though, what's Clementine remote? 😂

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

x

Hey what phone's that? I've never seen app icons look like that before :P 

1 minute ago, OnyxArmos said:

Hey what phone's that? I've never seen app icons look like that before :P 

Galaxy S8 :)

CPU:i7 9700k, Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC, Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB, PSU:Corsair CS 650 M Gold, Display(s):Samsung P2470HD, SAMSUNG LS24E390HL, Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T, Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire, Mouse:Razer Naga Mouse 2014Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma, Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker

Oh my that background image is beautiful 

I've gotta ask though, what's Clementine remote? 😂

I love it as well, text is still easy to read but it looks so good!

That app?

It's a remote control app for Clementine (Music player I use on Windows/Mac)

Really handy when you don't want to get up and change songs yourself :)

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

Just now, Constantin said:

Nice, I've never had a Samsung phone but they all look really sleek

image.png.f8eaf1830495b09c3787da7136a1d2a4.png

Just now, Sfekke said:

It's a remote control app for Clementine (Music player I use on Windows/Mac)

Really handy when you don't want to get up and change songs yourself :)

Sweet I've never heard of Clementine before :P I imagine it's just like Spotify?

Just now, OnyxArmos said:

Yeah they do! :)

1 minute ago, OnyxArmos said:

Sweet I've never heard of Clementine before :P I imagine it's just like Spotify?

Nope, it's like VLC. It's essentially an MP3 player, you add your own music.

Isn't that just what samsung apps look like? same on my last two phones, and tablet(ie glorified mobile netflix machine for the wife) 

@OnyxArmos , I'd post my background, but I'm starting to think I'm getting old, because I don;t know how lol. It's just a shortcut to, torch,scientific calc and the camera anyeay 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

They really do, even the mid-range ones like my Galaxy J7 still manage to look stunning

Galaxy.PNG.77ae678027c6e13d0d230346d00e57f5.PNG

Just now, it_dont_work said:

Isn't that just what samsung apps look like? same on my last two phones, and tablet(ie glorified mobile netflix machine for the wife) 

@OnyxArmos , I'd post my background, but I'm starting to think I'm getting old, because I don;t know how lol. It's just a shortcut to, torch,scientific calc and the camera anyeay 

You can hold power+home for a few second on mine to take a screenshot.

Not sure how homebutton-less phones do it tho

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

1 minute ago, it_dont_work said:

Yes, i have the icons on default.

Yeah they do! :)

I'm excited to see what the Samsung Galaxy S10 looks like, and see if they can overcome the notch problem xP

2 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Ooooohhh right that makes sense I guess

2 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

I dunno what phone you have but what I did was just take a screenshot (on iOS it's the lock button and volume up) ^^

4 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

I'm excited to see what the Samsung Galaxy S10 looks like, and see if they can overcome the notch problem xP

I don't really have high hopes for the S10. If it's got that random camera hole in the middle of the screen like all the renders show, then I'm not a fan.

4 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

I dunno what phone you have but what I did was just take a screenshot (on iOS it's the lock button and volume up) ^^

On every iPhone before the X, Xs, Xr and Xs max (why so many phones apple?) it's home button + lock button. 

On android phones it's usually home button + lock button as well.

I don't know what the screenshot thing would be on this phones with the on-screen buttons though.

6 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Pretty much.

Although it has one really neat feature, "Dynamic Playlists"

It's shuffling, but it manages to keep songs similar and gradually change genre or sometimes radically to switch it up.

Works well for the ones with big MP3/FLAC music libraries like myself.

Think of Spotify Daily Mixes, but not personal.

Other than that it has some neat easter eggs and features, like the remote controller and Nyan cat :D

Nyan.PNG.8dc0a3256ea293ecd85045a2b69e4124.PNG

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

Nyan.PNG.8dc0a3256ea293ecd85045a2b69e4124.PNG

I'm glad I'm not the only one who listens to K-391 :D 

Woops, 720p

Screenshot_20190112_131705_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

Edited by Quadriplegic

EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Current build:

Meshify C

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.375V

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse

Seagate BarraCuda 2TB

Samsung 128 GB SSD (not Evo)

Corsair TX550m

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

If it's got that random camera hole in the middle of the screen like all the renders show, then I'm not a fan.

Really? I think it would actually look pretty nice like this:

image.png.7a028e9a25bba6a2da00f8dca5ad3abd.png

Nyan cat :D

image.png.b55d655c323923c3134fcd321fae3a06.png

Whoa 2011, it's been so long 😢

5 minutes ago, 1kv said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who listens to K-391 :D 

His music is downright amazing!

If you remember "Joe Sacco - Waterfall" it's some chap who ripped off K-391's soundcloud snippet years ago, just looping it a few times (Nice drop made in two hours? .. I think)

That's around the time I got to know him, he even finished that song at some point; I'm so used to the unfinished one but .. this still sounds very nice!

Really? I think it would actually look pretty nice like this:

image.png.7a028e9a25bba6a2da00f8dca5ad3abd.png

image.png.b55d655c323923c3134fcd321fae3a06.png

Whoa 2011, it's been so long 😢

Good ol' 2011, where did you go.

The year I got into TF2, Minecraft; started tinkering with PC's and getting my interest in them up beyond "Ehh they're cool magic boxes I guess" Apple still thinks they are magic :D

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*