Question on PSU and PSU cables

pown otto

Hey guys so I want to get a PSU and custom black/green cables but every cable mod I look up costs like $100+ is there any combination of PSU and green/black cables I can get that isn’t going to cost a fortune? I’m not even sure if I need the full kit.

2 minutes ago, pown otto said:

Hey guys so I want to get a PSU and custom black/green cables but every cable mod I look up costs like $100+ is there any combination of PSU and green/black cables I can get that isn’t going to cost a fortune? I’m not even sure if I need the full kit.

You can always get basic replacements kits that will only cover your main cables that are visible. 

https://cablemod.com/product-category/basic-cable-kits/

1 minute ago, pown otto said:

Ah okay, and uhm were's the buy option? Idk if I'm blind or if there just isn't one.

You need to go to their store section, that just displays the products and details. Lots of retailers also carry their products like performance Pc's, Microcenter, etc.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

You need to go to their store section, that just displays the products and details. Lots of retailers also carry their products like performance Pc's, Microcenter, etc.

Ah okay great! and I also wanted to know do you have any tips to custom paint a case? Not sure if you're familiar with My Hero Academia, but I wanna do a build themed on the MC Midoriya on there and I can't for the life of me find a decent Black/Green case so I was gonna get a H700 and paint all the white parts green. Do you think that's plausible?

39 minutes ago, pown otto said:

Ah okay great! and I also wanted to know do you have any tips to custom paint a case? Not sure if you're familiar with My Hero Academia, but I wanna do a build themed on the MC Midoriya on there and I can't for the life of me find a decent Black/Green case so I was gonna get a H700 and paint all the white parts green. Do you think that's plausible?

Bit of an older case but the H440 came in a green, another was a Razer edition S340. As for recoloring a case it depends, if you want to paint it ideally you want to take it apart to do so and properly prep the surfaces for paint. For something like the H700 since the surfaces are all flat it wouldn't be very difficult if you wanted to vinyl wrap the case. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Bit of an older case but the H440 came in a green, another was a Razer edition S340. As for recoloring a case it depends, if you want to paint it ideally you want to take it apart to do so and properly prep the surfaces for paint. For something like the H700 since the surfaces are all flat it wouldn't be very difficult if you wanted to vinyl wrap the case. 

Yeah a Vinyl wrap may make the most sense, do you know if the entire case comes apart? Also, I did look into the Green/black H440 but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere, not for a reasonable price anyway. Thanks for all the help!

1 hour ago, pown otto said:

Yeah a Vinyl wrap may make the most sense, do you know if the entire case comes apart? Also, I did look into the Green/black H440 but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere, not for a reasonable price anyway. Thanks for all the help!

Yes the top and front of the case is just clipped into place so it shouldn't be too difficult to remove. Being flat the only difficult portion would be to trim and wrap the vinyl around the edges. 

I have some general details here if that go over vinyl wrap if you want to take that route.