Floatplane payments are migrating! Read more... ×
Phishing Emails - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amforev

i7-9700k motherboard

It does support it. Depending on when the motherboard is made, you might need an 8th gen CPU to update the BIOS because the 9th gen CPUs are newer. That's also a snazzy board, good to see an aorus board with not orange on it.

Posted · Best Answer

It does support it. Depending on when the motherboard is made, you might need an 8th gen CPU to update the BIOS because the 9th gen CPUs are newer. That's also a snazzy board, good to see an aorus board with not orange on it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Feel free to critique my website. I am but a young entrepreneur.

2 minutes ago, Amforev said:

Does this motherboard (with z370 chipset) have suport for Intel Core I7-9700k, and if not, wchich chipset should i choose?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-K3-rev-10#kf

It does have support for the 9700k, but you would be better of picking up a z390, as the 9700k is a bit more power hungry and (most) z370 boards do not have capability to supply the kind of power that the 9700k needs to reach it's full potential. (plus you may run into BIOS issues with the Z370 boards)

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, Amforev said:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z390-GAMING-PLUS

Is this one going to work better?

It doesn't look like it has any better power delivery.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - MSI GTX 650 - some 7200RPM SATA II thing - Ubuntu (at the moment)

Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, fasauceome said:

It doesn't look like it has any better power delivery.

So can you reccomend me one with better power delivery please?

Budget is under 215$.

I would be really gratefull, I am really bad at picking parts.

Just now, Amforev said:

Budget is under 215$.

I'm currently using a Z370 classified K which is a really high quality motherboard. In the event you would be unable to get an 8th gen processor to update the BIOS just in case, the Z390 FTW would also do, albeit not as well.

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

1 minute ago, Amforev said:

Budget is under 215$.

Aorus Pro Wifi is in that price range: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/N6gzK8/gigabyte-z390-aorus-pro-wifi-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z390-aorus-pro-wifi

Gigabyte's page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf

12+1 phase VRM should be plenty for a 9700K. 

If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

Current build:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

CPU Cooler: EK Monoblock
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz

Storage: 500GB WD Black NVMe M.2 SSD

More storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda
GPU: Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, cooled with a Watercool Heatkiller IV block
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass 
PSU: EVGA 1600W T2, CableMod Pro Carbon cables

Other PC: