masterbox 5 lite rgb modification

LukeSavenije

maybe a really stupid question, but i had some kind of a idea. my rig during folding with front panel on gets too hot for me, so I'm thinking of changing it. now my question is the following: would i be able to fit a mesh panel from for example a mb511 or mb5 on the existing mounting? i don't want to screw up my warrenty yet, so yeah...

thanks in advance

@TVwazhere @W-L

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

maybe a really stupid question, but i had some kind of a idea. my rig during folding with front panel on gets too hot for me, so I'm thinking of changing it. now my question is the following: would i be able to fit a mesh panel from for example a mb511 or mb5 on the existing mounting? i don't want to screw up my warrenty yet, so yeah...

thanks in advance

Not on topic sorry but do u know to turn the  rbg lights on at the front of the case cos motherboard software won’t let me 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.2Ghz 

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC 

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)

GPU: Zoatac Gtx 1070 8GB 

Case: CoolerMaster Masterbox Lite 5 RGB

Storage: 2TB Toshiba HDD, 120GB WD Green SSD 

PSUGigabyte P650B 

19 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

thanks in advance

@TVwazhere @W-L

Hmm doesn’t look like the case is the same height as the top of the Masterbox 5 RGB has extra space for thicker rads. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Hmm doesn’t look like the case is the same height as the top of the Masterbox 5 RGB has extra space for thicker rads. 

I did actually find a thread saying the MB500 front panel fits on the Masterbox 5 lite (with photos) but not the other way around

I've also seen some good mods to the sides of the existing panel which should help significantly

https://www.tomordonez.com/cooler-master-case-modding.html

?size=l

No how-to tutorial on that oone.

This one used a dremel, doesnt look nearly as clean though. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/cm-master-box-5-lite-front-cover-airflow.244636/

You could also jsut remove the front panel entirely and put a dust filter on the front (makee sure to move the fans to the inside of the case rails)

https://imgur.com/gallery/i9f2Z

With something like this: Amazon Link

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25