Space X Starship Unveiled

Jtalk4456
1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Hmmm... I wonder how they'll store enough fuel to make it all the way to mars and, more importantly, back. The Saturn V was over twice as tall and still had barely enough fuel to make it to the moon and back, and that's without 95% of the original rocket. I'm sure rocket technology and efficiency is much better now, but still...

Image result for bfr

The picture is just the actual ship, not the booster. Heres a comparison of the size with the booster. 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

The picture is just the actual ship, not the booster. Heres a comparison of the size with the booster. 

Ohhhh that makes sense... so the SV will no longer be the tallest rocket in history?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Ohhhh that makes sense... so the SV will no longer be the tallest rocket in history?

Once the BFR/Starship is constructed it wont be

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

Hmmm... I wonder how they'll store enough fuel to make it all the way to mars and, more importantly, back. The Saturn V was over twice as tall and still had barely enough fuel to make it to the moon and back, and that's without 95% of the original rocket. I'm sure rocket technology and efficiency is much better now, but still...

they will refuel it in orbit using space tankers, to give you an idea: ( it is the very old design)

What is spectacular about this is not about the dimensions (?) but about the fact that is going to be fully reusable, planned launch cost is around 6-7 milions/ launch for 100 tons paiload. the shuttle did cost 500 milions for 30 tons. When it will fly, and the economy of scale will kick in, this rocket will change humanity in way we can't even immagine. I dare to say that in the distant future this might be recognised as another " year 0" in history

1 minute ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

When it will fly, and the economy of scale will kick in, this rocket will change humanity in way we can't even immagine. I dare to say that in the distant future this might be recognised as another " year 0" in history

Well, as much as I would hope so, before we have anything resembling "economy of scale" with interplanetary rockets, this specific one will probably be long obsolete.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Well, as much as I would hope so, before we have anything resembling "economy of scale" with interplanetary rockets, this specific one will probably be long obsolete.

consider that with falcon 9 the economy of scale is already lowering their building cost a ton ( falcon 9 cost: 30 milions for 20 tons to orbit, delta 4 heave 400 milions for 30 tons of payload)

Just now, Flavio hc 16 said:

consider that with falcon 9 the economy of scale is already lowering their building cost a ton ( falcon 9 cost: 30 milions for 20 tons to orbit, delta 4 heave 400 milions for 30 tons of payload)

Launching satellites has been commonplace for decades, interplanetary flight... not so much.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Launching satellites has been commonplace for decades, interplanetary flight... not so much.

this will be a multipurpose vehicle, and the delta 4, even though is an older rocket, still cost 400 milions, and the others are not that far in cost/kg to orbit. ANd the cost per launch is still 7 milions for 100 tons, it means 70$/ kg, it means that for 5k you can go to orbit and get back, right now you pay around 50 milions for that.

Looks like a paper towel tube wrapped in strips of silver duct tape.

Spoiler

tae.jpg.d5717e148892e33a88f7ecdf0d9a94c1.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Reminds me of this scene so much. Too round on the top it needs to be pointy! Elon must have watched the same cartoons. 

Not much longer until a bunch of idiots are sent to certain death just to stroke that rich dipshit ego.

6 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

Heres a comparison of the size with the booster.

The Big Fucking Rocket is the coolest looking one there. Space X lost out on style points.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Maybe it's functional, but nothing will top Space Shuttles. Those things still look mean and badass with their iconic shape in black and white. It looks like something from future even today. But all the rockets we've gone back to look like something that escaped from early 1970's... Oh well.

Also, Space Shuttles aren't that tiny... I mean, look how tiny people are next to it and it's at an angle which makes it look smaller... As for the sheer size, I think Saturn V rockets still take the crown. Those were some insanely huge rockets.

space-shuttle-endeavour.jpg

22 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Maybe it's functional, but nothing will top Space Shuttles. Those things still look mean and badass with their iconic shape in black and white. It looks like something from future even today. But all the rockets we've gone back to look like something that escaped from early 1970's... Oh well.

Also, Space Shuttles aren't that tiny... I mean, look how tiny people are next to it and it's at an angle which makes it look smaller... As for the sheer size, I think Saturn V rockets still take the crown. Those were some insanely huge rockets.

You're right, the space shuttle will always be my favourite spacecraft! Really a shame there weren't more spaceplanes.

I think it's crazy though how different the BFR looks compared to everything else today. You always have this standard diameter, once you reach that you put on boosters, or in case of delta heavy, two more versions of it and that's about thecraziest it gets. The BFR is just this giant hunk of rocket tube and it looks so different and even a little alien imo :D 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

17 hours ago, Sauron said:

They won't. This is not a Mars rocket. It's not technically a rocket. It's a test landing craft.

[PS]

Sorry. I'm well fed up of people going "but how" and the answer being "use your eyes and see the answer". I've like... I am livid right now... LIVID. People no longer care about learning or facts. It's all about guesswork. Guessing every little or big thing. "That rocket cannot fly, it's got no wings" or "That rocket cannot fly, it's too small"... and it may not even be flying (early on, we could have just been looking at a test build to find the right materials/welding team XD ).

Worse, PC/tech/internet/phones and even plain and simple normal things is just the same. I've had months of people yelling at me "but that cannot be done", for me to pass the bit of paper/do the thing they yelled about. I don't get people, as somehow I'm the bad one for getting it done, and not yelling back in their face. /end rant.

Is this a joke? 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

5 hours ago, TechyBen said:

They won't. This is not a Mars rocket. It's not technically a rocket. It's a test landing craft.

[PS]

Sorry. I'm well fed up of people going "but how" and the answer being "use your eyes and see the answer". I've like... I am livid right now... LIVID. People no longer care about learning or facts. It's all about guesswork. Guessing every little or big thing. "That rocket cannot fly, it's got no wings" or "That rocket cannot fly, it's too small"... and it may not even be flying (early on, we could have just been looking at a test build to find the right materials/welding team XD ).

Worse, PC/tech/internet/phones and even plain and simple normal things is just the same. I've had months of people yelling at me "but that cannot be done", for me to pass the bit of paper/do the thing they yelled about. I don't get people, as somehow I'm the bad one for getting it done, and not yelling back in their face. /end rant.

Well, the OP seemed to imply it was intended to go to mars...

In all seriousness, this thing is supposed to make it around the moon and back and all the way to mars.

and it didn't mention the massive booster it would be strapped on for launch - neither does the linked source. Sure, I could probably have found out the details by myself if I looked hard enough, but it's faster to see if someone more informed than me can clarify my doubts. It's a forum after all.

Besides, I'm sure SpaceX engineers know if something can or cannot fly even without my help... I was wondering more out of curiosity than anything else.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The design is. That actual one is not. But again, facts and learning vs guesswork and assumption. I see headlines and shortened stories all the time and ask "wait a second, did they miss an important thing" 99% of the time they did. ;)

Yeah, so it's not aimed at you. You seemed to ask with the right motive. Just get lots of people asking, and not wanting the answer. :/

How is this company still around? Linus was talking about this game 7 years ago. It's still not out yet. It's like a Ponzi Scheme. Except people already know they aren't going to see their money back. 

20 hours ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

this will be a multipurpose vehicle, and the delta 4, even though is an older rocket, still cost 400 milions, and the others are not that far in cost/kg to orbit. ANd the cost per launch is still 7 milions for 100 tons, it means 70$/ kg, it means that for 5k you can go to orbit and get back, right now you pay around 50 milions for that.

I don't think that's how the costs work. It's likely not a linear equation and would cost quite a bit more than 5k. The 2 biggest forces on a rocket are weight and friction. To imply that the cost is only a function of weight is simply wrong. 

1 hour ago, corsairian said:

How is this company still around? Linus was talking about this game 7 years ago. It's still not out yet. It's like a Ponzi Scheme. Except people already know they aren't going to see their money back. 

wat

1 hour ago, corsairian said:

Lol. This isn’t a game. It’s a test rocket SpaceX built. Star Citizen is the game and is progressing. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

OP seems to be poorly informed on the subject unfortunately and hasn’t edited their post with correct info. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)