Coolermaster HAF 932 Side panel

Hey guys,

I had a question: I have this old Coolermaster HAF 932 just sitting around and to kill some time, I though it'd be a great idea to mod that thing up and move my current rgb yada yada config into that beast-case. The idea is to replace all the panels with custom/other ones except the back panel. Top, bottom and front are nothing a bit of acrylic and/or aluminum can't fix, but for the side panels I have a problem: I don't want to cut out all the protrusions out of them and replace them with glass or plastic, as that would pretty much destroy the structural integrity of these panels; they'd get all wobbly and unstable. My question: which modern case has (windowed- or tempered glass-) side panels matching the exact size of the HAF 932? Off the top of my head it's 56x52 cm per panel. I'd be much obliged if you guys would be so kind to let me know whether there are such panels available out there. Thanks a million!

Gr,

J.

My new current system:

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | RAM: G-Skill Trident Royal 32gHz @ 3600 mHz | GPU: Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC | SoundCard: SoundblasterX AE5 white pure| Storage: Toshiba 3TB; Seagate 2TB; WD Blue 4TB; Seagate 8TB Samsung EVO 980 500 GB PCIe 4 NVME; Sabrent 500GB PCIe 4 NVME x 2 | Case: Thermaltake the Tower 900 | Monitor: Toshiba HD 32"; Dell 24"; 7" hardware monitor LCD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Propellors: Thermaltake Riing plus 12 x 8; Thermaltake Riing plus 14 x 3; Thermaltake Riing sync 12 x 2 and 5 other propellors for a push-pull config on a 360 and 480 rad | Cooling and remaining stuff: dual custom loop with a) one EK D5 Revo pump and b) one EK D5 Quantum Inertia pump.

24 minutes ago, Jojobaplant said:

Hey guys,

I had a question: I have this old Coolermaster HAF 932 just sitting around and to kill some time, I though it'd be a great idea to mod that thing up and move my current rgb yada yada config into that beast-case. The idea is to replace all the panels with custom/other ones except the back panel. Top, bottom and front are nothing a bit of acrylic and/or aluminum can't fix, but for the side panels I have a problem: I don't want to cut out all the protrusions out of them and replace them with glass or plastic, as that would pretty much destroy the structural integrity of these panels; they'd get all wobbly and unstable. My question: which modern case has (windowed- or tempered glass-) side panels matching the exact size of the HAF 932? Off the top of my head it's 56x52 cm per panel. I'd be much obliged if you guys would be so kind to let me know whether there are such panels available out there. Thanks a million!

Gr,

J.

Good luck, very few cases, in my experience, are interchangeable with other ones...that's probably done on purpose.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Good luck, very few cases, in my experience, are interchangeable with other ones...that's probably done on purpose.

Thanks for your reply! I kinda figured that, but nevertheless, I thought I'd give it a shot.

My new current system:

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | RAM: G-Skill Trident Royal 32gHz @ 3600 mHz | GPU: Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC | SoundCard: SoundblasterX AE5 white pure| Storage: Toshiba 3TB; Seagate 2TB; WD Blue 4TB; Seagate 8TB Samsung EVO 980 500 GB PCIe 4 NVME; Sabrent 500GB PCIe 4 NVME x 2 | Case: Thermaltake the Tower 900 | Monitor: Toshiba HD 32"; Dell 24"; 7" hardware monitor LCD | PSU: Corsair RM850i | Propellors: Thermaltake Riing plus 12 x 8; Thermaltake Riing plus 14 x 3; Thermaltake Riing sync 12 x 2 and 5 other propellors for a push-pull config on a 360 and 480 rad | Cooling and remaining stuff: dual custom loop with a) one EK D5 Revo pump and b) one EK D5 Quantum Inertia pump.

16 minutes ago, Jojobaplant said:

Thanks for your reply! I kinda figured that, but nevertheless, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Perhaps re-inforce the existing sides, and drill out the middle parts for your idea?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Perhaps re-inforce the existing sides, and drill out the middle parts for your idea?

Yeah, was thinking along those lines indeed. On the panel with the big propeller I'm gonna cut out the bottom protrusions separately, leaving a frame of some sorts in place for reinforcement and cover them with plastic: the big hole with transparent and the smaller one with a colored one with some rgb gimmicks or whatever. the plastic window on the top of that panel, I will either leave in place or replace the plastic with transparent plastic or extend it over the bigger part of the width of the panel and put transparent on top or on the backside. For the other one I'm not sure yet, perhaps leave it as it is as I do like the space the protrusions create for cable mngmnt. This is a long term project anyway - I will take pictures and post them here when I am done and successful - which is not guaranteed ? Fingers crossed and cheers from Dublin :-)

My new current system:

1 hour ago, Jojobaplant said:

Yeah, was thinking along those lines indeed. On the panel with the big propeller I'm gonna cut out the bottom protrusions separately, leaving a frame of some sorts in place for reinforcement and cover them with plastic: the big hole with transparent and the smaller one with a colored one with some rgb gimmicks or whatever. the plastic window on the top of that panel, I will either leave in place or replace the plastic with transparent plastic or extend it over the bigger part of the width of the panel and put transparent on top or on the backside. For the other one I'm not sure yet, perhaps leave it as it is as I do like the space the protrusions create for cable mngmnt. This is a long term project anyway - I will take pictures and post them here when I am done and successful - which is not guaranteed ? Fingers crossed and cheers from Dublin :-)

I look forward to seeing it. Much luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just sell it and get a new case. I got Corsair 275r for like $40

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's not that I particularly need a new case - I have a Phanteks 400 TG which is not even a year old and works (and looks) fine; this project is both to kill some time and see how far I can get while improving my skills on the matter along the way. I really want to improve in that field as I have plenty of ideas, but generally am too clumsy to bring these ideas to a good end. In this case I am sure I won't mess up a brand new case if you get me.

My new current system: