Can't get both RAM sticks to 3000mhz?

ben127127

Hello! I purchased this RAM: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3CdFf7/gskill-ripjaws-v-series-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f4-3000c15d-16gvkb

It is advertised at 3000mHz, but as expected, came running at 2133mHz. I was told to switch my XMP profile, but this only made the first of the two RAM sticks run at the right speed (2999mHz, close enough). The second one remained at 2133mhz. I was told I might have a faulty RAM stick, but I'm hoping this isn't the case... my BIOS has very limited options (mobo is Z390 Gaming X), so I haven't really been able to do a ton of tweaking. Please let me know if you have a possible solution to this problem!

Try running the bootable memtest (let it run for a long time). It is quite possible you have one bad stick. Also try doing the profiling one stick at a time.

20 minutes ago, ben127127 said:

I was told to switch my XMP profile, but this only made the first of the two RAM sticks run at the right speed (2999mHz, close enough). The second one remained at 2133mhz.

Can you post a screenshot? You can't run one stick at one speed and another stick at another speed.