Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thebelgiumpope

GTX 1070ti for £280 or Vega 56 for £230?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Title.

Both are refrence styled cards, the 1070ti is PNY and the Vega 56 is a Powercolor, the seller can provide me with the receipt to make use of the warranty on the 1070ti of which has over 2 years remaining, the Vega 56 on the otherhand has no warranty.

I will be buying a 1440p 144hz monitor at some point and so I want the card with the best performance for this. I play games like WoW, Blackout, Assasins creed, Overwatch and others.

What do you guys think?

I would personally go for the Vega card. Use the money you saved to buy a different graphics card cooler and you'll have a good performer.

What I can't speak for is the warranty though, if it were Asus or MSI then the warranty would be basically worthless but I don't know how good PNY RMA services are.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'd get the Vega 56 and overclock it.

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6