Floatplane payments are migrating! Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HypedKid

FREE MS APPS(WORD, POWERPOINT, EXCEL)....

Have a school/workplace that has licenses for students/employees. 

If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

Current build:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

CPU Cooler: EK Monoblock
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz

Storage: 500GB WD Black NVMe M.2 SSD

More storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda
GPU: Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, cooled with a Watercool Heatkiller IV block
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass 
PSU: EVGA 1600W T2, CableMod Pro Carbon cables

Other PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 8600K @5.1Ghz 1.34v

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370-A
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz

Storage: 250GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD

GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti 11G 
Case: NZXT S340 Elite
PSU: EVGA 650W G3

20 minutes ago, HypedKid said:

Any other ways?

Nope, at least not legally. You can get OpenOffice and LibreOffice for free though and they're great alternatives, just have a more dated UI (similar to XP era office vs the new Office 365 look). 

If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion. If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? 

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

Current build:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

CPU Cooler: EK Monoblock
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz

Storage: 500GB WD Black NVMe M.2 SSD

GPU: Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, cooled with a Watercool Heatkiller IV block
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass 
PSU: EVGA 1600W T2, CableMod Pro Carbon cables

Other PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 8600K @5.1Ghz 1.34v

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370-A
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz

Storage: 250GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD

GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti 11G 
Case: NZXT S340 Elite
PSU: EVGA 650W G3

Unless you are a student, then there is no way to get it free for your personal computer. If you are, then you can just enter in some information and get Microsoft office student edition. Otherwise, there is no legal way to get it free. I would recommend using Libre Office, which is an alternative, has all the features, and works really well, I have it, and its free.

Yes they are a little dated looking, but they still have almost all the same features, and with impress, which is the libre office version of power point, it has new looking styles

2 minutes ago, MysteriousAeon said:

You could become a sailer and see the seven seas. The last time I've seen someone mention that, it was still illegal. But still, depends on your morality.

It is illegal either way, no matter what your personally moral compass is. Something is either right or wrong. Truth is truth.

Just now, Master Dorphath said:

It is illegal either way, no matter what your personally moral compass is. Something is either right or wrong. Truth is truth.

I, personally, couldn't care less. Nothing is done against piracy in my country and I do not wish to pay large amounts of money for software. It doesn't make it right, but you do what you do.

openoffice.org is basically the samething, just open source. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 512gb Intel 600p

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

If it is not right, then it should not be done. Just because nothing is being done to stop it, doesn't mean that you can just keep on doing it. Now yes, I would agree with you, that Microsoft can spare a couple copies of windows 10 to those who cant afford it. But, even if you are starving on the street, it would still not be right to steal from a local store, eps if there are other alternatives out there, like free food at soup kitchens in the like. Its the same way with office, sure you cant afford the steak, but if you have to have a word program, then there are free alternatives out there, that would be much better to use then to steal, because that is exactly what software piracy is.

If your school licenses office keys out to students then yes. If not you can use Office 365 Online, OpenOffice or LibreOffice. 

Pirating it is an option, but I strongly suggest that you don't pirate. It's illegal because it's theft. You wouldn't steal from your nearest supermarket (at least I hope not) so why steal from a developer like Microsoft? Making software takes time, skill and money.

I can't say anything else since speaking of piracy (except saying it's bad) is against the Community Standards.

I'm not liable for anything that may happen to you and your PC if you decide to follow my advice. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

Make sure to tag or quote who you are trying to reply to, that way they will see your answer.

Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List 3.0 | Posting Guidelines | Ask me anything

-Thread locked-

If you're a student, you can get these from your school or university. Any other way(not counting "workplace") falls under piracy, which is prohibited here.