H100i How to tell if still works

Hellos

I have an old Corsair H100i in my pcpart graveyard bin. Looking to install it again in new Corsair case.

Is there a way to tell if the pump still functions without taking apart current AIO and setting this one up? Can I plug it in somehow and feel for the tubes

to vibrate? The UBS header and the SATA power while current PC is running.

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, anthonyc813 said:

Hellos

I have an old Corsair H100i in my pcpart graveyard bin. Looking to install it again in new Corsair case.

Is there a way to tell if the pump still functions without taking apart current AIO and setting this one up? Can I plug it in somehow and feel for the tubes

to vibrate? The UBS header and the SATA power while current PC is running.

Thanks in advance.

well, feel if there's going liquid through it, and ideally if the pipe warms up on a cpu.

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, feel if there's going liquid through it, and ideally if the pipe warms up on a cpu.

So I still have to take apart current one and set up the H100i to see if it works??

No way to tell when its not mounted on a system?

Just now, anthonyc813 said:

So I still have to take apart current one and set up the H100i to see if it works??

No way to tell when its not mounted on a system?

well... a small test is if there's any fluid going through it if you power it, but ideally yes

19 minutes ago, anthonyc813 said:

D'oh!

OK thank you. Its been in a box for 2 years or so but I need the LED pump for a project

If you're going to dismantle it anyway throw some power to it and place one hose in some water.  See if it comes out the other side.

Seems like a pretty easy thing to test...

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, Velcade said:

If you're going to dismantle it anyway throw some power to it and place one hose in some water.  See if it comes out the other side.

Seems like a pretty easy thing to test...

If I can tell if the H100i works before installing I would prefer that. Otherwise I will leave on the 360 Captain and just swap the fans for LL120