How a CPU works (Video)

Hey guys.. I thought some of you might be interested in this.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Seen it way before you posted it Mr Stocker ahahaha.

How do you know my name?

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

How do you know my name?

You know how silly boy, thats my GPU in your system :P

You know how silly boy, thats my GPU in your system :P

Elaborate? :)

and yea that vid is cool

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

Why do instructional videos always use tech from 10 years ago. Its uploaded on 15 march 2013...

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Elaborate? :)

and yea that vid is cool

He is a friend in real life and i have been borrowing his GPU for the last year..  I was just messing with him..

That is simply amazing :o I'm buying that book now.

If you really want to learn grab Structured Computer Organization by Andrew S Tanenbaum instead.

That's awesome, thanks for the share.  :)

/\  _   /\

=( ಠ__ಠ )=

)         ( 

If you really want to learn grab Structured Computer Organization by Andrew S Tanenbaum instead.

Definitely going on my list.

Why do instructional videos always use tech from 10 years ago. Its uploaded on 15 march 2013...

Because using a modern CPU like an i7 would add a lot to the complexity of the explanation, and add little to no value for the person watching. A computer architecture engineer would benefit from learning that information, but that's not the intent of this video.

Most of this information is still correct and relevant, most of what you have to do to create a more modern CPU is just add "more", more signal lines, more logic in the ALU, etc. and then shrink it significantly. All modern processors still use pins of some sort to get data around, they still have RAM, they still have an ALU, and they still have registers...

Because the concept is essentially the same.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx