legality of cannabis usage when travelling

zassou

let's say i travelled to canada, tried some cannabis, head back home. custom stopped me and want my urine, and it's positive, got thrown in jail.

the country i live in has some stone age laws where selling could be punished by life inprisonment or death, for possessing, up to 3 months and leave a record (and no one will employ you anymore).

they have all the power to test urine/hair of citizens who returning from territories where cannabis is legalised, like canada, netherlands and some parts of the states.

how to prevent that happening? how long do the substances stay in human body? how do i tell whether if a product contains cannabis content?

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Pretty much this.  Like, I would completely suggest this a 1000x.  Why would you want to keep living there if they're going to kill you over something as harmless as cannabis?  It sounds like they believe Reefer Madness is a documentary.

probably i dont have the means to immigrate? anyway weed is like beer to me, i can live without, passport tho, different story.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

36 minutes ago, zassou said:

the country i live in has some stone age laws where selling could be punished by life inprisonment or death, for possessing, up to 3 months and leave a record

From what I understood from this, you get punished when you sell or possess cannabis, does the law punish you for having traces of THC in your body?

In other words, is there a law against having traces of THC in your urine?

35 minutes ago, zassou said:

let's say i travelled to canada, tried some cannabis, head back home. custom stopped me and want my urine, and it's positive, got thrown in jail. 

I understand if you don't want to answer, but I would surely like to know what country urine tests it's citizens when returning from out-of-country vacations. I could see baggage checks and the like, but claiming that citizens must obey their laws even when not in their jurisdiction just seems a little oppressive to me. I have never heard of a country that urine tests it's citizens upon returning home from an out-of-country trip.

The factors that can affect how long marijuana use is detectable in urine include: how much is smoked, how often one smokes, and ones own metabolism. Being that those things are not predictable I would not comment on whether or not you should smoke. The risk involved in getting bad advice from the internet is apparently extremely high in this case.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

42 minutes ago, zassou said:

how long do the substances stay in human body?

THC's half life= 4 hours, onset of effects after smoking=1-2 hours 

Source: Katzung, BG. (2018) Basic & Clinical Pharmacology (14th ed), McGraw-Hill, NY., p.582

the country i live in has some stone age laws where selling could be punished by life inprisonment or death

I wonder what country that could be?

how do i tell whether if a product contains cannabis content?

If you mean a brownie or cake given by a stranger, you can't really tell. It might be a kush cake.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

From what I understood from this, you get punished when you sell or possess cannabis, does the law punish you for having traces of THC in your body?

In other words, is there law against having traces of THC in your urine?

basically this, however with that said, regarding this:

35 minutes ago, zassou said:

how to prevent that happening? how long do the substances stay in human body? how do i tell whether if a product contains cannabis content?

if your laws are as strict as you make them out to be, the simple solution is to just not do it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

36 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

In other words, is there a law against having traces of THC in your urine?

yes, if they find out you have cannabis content in your system, counts possessing illegal drug, same as caught using on the street.

funny thing is, drinking underage is not illegal there, same as drinking on the street. not many people do it, but its legal. always thinks that drinking in a bag is funny. dont need a license to sell alcohol drinks and tobacco product either.

Just now, zassou said:

yes, if they find out you have cannabis content in your system, counts possessing illegal drug, same as caught using on the street.

Then, as mentioned here before, don't do it and be careful around treats and snacks you don't know

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Then, as mentioned here before, don't do it and be careful around treats and snacks you don't know

i know thats the logical thing to do but sometimes people do go to amsterdam to get hammered, im probably one of those.

6 minutes ago, zassou said:

i know thats the logical thing to do but sometimes people do go to amsterdam to get hammered, im probably one of those.

I won't tell you to break the law.

Good luck with whatever you go with

Generally cannabis does not CAUSE it but can trigger it. It's a risk that should be known and taken into account, especially for people with mental illness running in the family.

23 minutes ago, Alitce Deschamps said:

Generally cannabis does not CAUSE it but can trigger it. It's a risk that should be known and taken into account, especially for people with mental illness running in the family.

What?

This post is about the legality of cannabis and how long it stays in the body... Mental illness has nothing to do with this.. ?

Why would you risk getting in so much trouble for weed? Just don't do it

2 hours ago, zassou said:

the country i live in has some stone age laws where selling could be punished by life inprisonment or death, for possessing, up to 3 months and leave a record (and no one will employ you anymore).

they have all the power to test urine/hair of citizens who returning from territories where cannabis is legalised, like canada, netherlands and some parts of the states.

This is entirely up to the laws of your country. If they can still charge you despite you using the substance in a legal location (Eg: Cannabis in Canada), then there's nothing to stop that.

Cannabis can remain in your system for up to a month (longer for heavy users).

However, if you try a single joint, it should be out of your system in 3-4 days (though honestly this can also vary).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, zassou said:

Consuming drugs is not a crime, only porting and or distributing them.

If you're extra worried then don't consume the drug in the first place?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

48 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Consuming drugs is not a crime, only porting and or distributing them.

If you're extra worried then don't consume the drug in the first place?

Not a crime in your country, perhaps. But some countries, that's not the case. After Canada legalized, multiple countries put out notices that said that their citizens could still be charged for buying and using Cannabis while in Canada. They would simply not be charged until they returned to their home country.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

how to prevent that happening?

Don't smoke marijuana or consume products that contain cannabis.

how long do the substances stay in human body?

Detection for traces of cannabis ranges from 48 hours to 3 days. 

I'm hoping there should be a label, or it should be fairly obvious. I'm pretty sure giving someone cannabis containing products without their consent is illegal, so you'd know. 

Canada is not a destination to go and smoke weed. You can go to your dealer for a much cheaper price than a plane ticket. In Canada you can explore the wide vista of holiday destinations! Not just to go and smoke weed. 

If you do accidentally end up tripping over some air, and landing with a blunt in your mouth, gasping for air. Don't sweat it. They can't decide what you do on your holiday. If you get stopped at the border, it's probably because you look sketchy af. As usual with customs, keep quiet and confident. 

14 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

If you do accidentally end up tripping over some air, and landing with a blunt in your mouth, gasping for air. Don't sweat it. They can't decide what you do on your holiday. If you get stopped at the border, it's probably because you look sketchy af. As usual with customs, keep quiet and confident. 

lol, it reminds me that land on his penis joke. 

i just like canada bud, cannabis is only one of the reason. smoking a joint outside of timmys and down with some double-double? asking locations for best poutine in montreal while know jack shit about french?  

yeah, sounds like perfect holiday to me. canada is my third favourite country, had everything good about american culture, without the bad stuff. 

19 hours ago, zassou said:

If you are in canada for a couple weeks or longer and you smoke some weed in the first week and stay away the rest it probably would not show up especially if you are not an avid user

Why the heck would customs test urine at the border!? Just go through. If they ask questions about cannabis (unlikely) then just lie. Just don’t be dumb and have cannabis on yourself or in your luggage. It’s not a big deal. And if you smoke cannabis just once (and not a ridiculously big quantity, just enough to get high) it’s out of your system in like 24 hours. 3 days tops for extreme cases. 

Oh, and make sure you buy your cannabis with cash. You don’t want that on your bank or credit card. 

11 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Just don’t be dumb and have cannabis on yourself or in your luggage.

That phrasing can cause some confusion..

I think what you meant was don't have cannabis on yourself or in your luggage.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, zassou said:

Usually it will smell. Cannabis has a certain smell to it (I live in a bad neighbourhood so I'm no stranger to the smell). It's a very strong, warm odour. Best way I can describe it is a mix between a fart and grass. Just walk past a cannabis dispensary and you'll probably smell it. 

15 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Why the heck would customs test urine at the border!? Just go through. If they ask questions about cannabis (unlikely) then just lie. Just don’t be dumb and have cannabis on yourself or in your luggage. It’s not a big deal. And if you smoke cannabis just once (and not a ridiculously big quantity, just enough to get high) it’s out of your system in like 24 hours. 3 days tops for extreme cases. 

Oh, and make sure you buy your cannabis with cash. You don’t want that on your bank or credit card. 

Several major Canadian airports have been installing "Cannabis Disposal Units" for international travelers who forgot they had some on their persons (and for the odd person who "forgot" that literally almost everywhere has Cannabis illegal).

On 1/11/2019 at 6:21 AM, zassou said:

Its illegal to cross the border with it, why is that even a question to be asked. Just cuz its legal in Alberta and Montana doesnt mean you can cross an international border. The risks are far too high with weed smokers because even small bits will get your arrested. I saw that on Border tv show, it was funny as fuck, I laughed as they got handcuffed. Gunna cost them a ton of money!

In urine? About 3 days. Give it a week to be absolutely safe.

In the body(blood) itself? Like 25 days at most.

Up to 90 days for hair.

The easiest way to avoid being caught, is to simply not consume it. The short lived "buzz" you'll get is not worth this hassle.

https://www.addictioncampuses.com/marijuana/detection-time/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro