XB360

printf_cyber

Guys, I want to hook a PC power supply to my Xbox 360, bcz the one that comes with it is not working anymore. So tell me the exact same model of the PSU you used or I should use that has same voltage and amp rating....

P.S i am a pc gamer but sometimes wanna play controller so....

Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

P.S i am a pc gamer but sometimes wanna play controller so....

you can use a controller on PC games aswell....... you know fyi

also, the Xbox 360 used an external powerbrick. so you will need to buy a new powerbrick (used from ebay). 

unless you can mod it (which i dont thing you can.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

you can use a controller on PC games aswell....... you know fyi

also, the Xbox 360 used an external powerbrick. so you will need to buy a new powerbrick (used from ebay). 

unless you can mod it (which i dont thing you can.

so i will be buying a receiver for playing on pc, but for now i want a psu, so how do i avoid scams?

1 minute ago, mbasil22 said:

so i will be buying a receiver for playing on pc, but for now i want a psu, so how do i avoid scams?

just buy from trusted sellers on ebay etc. 

you can also just use a cable instead of a wireless receiver to use on PC (for me it was a lot less hassle)

19 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

You can use a micro-usb android charging cable. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

you can also just use a cable instead of a wireless receiver to use on PC (for me it was a lot less hassle)

Not on XBox 360 Controllers.

That only works with Playstation 3 and 4 Controller as wel as XBox One Controllers.

The cable for XBox 360 Controllers is only for charging the "Play and Charge" Pack...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

57 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

You can use a micro-usb android charging cable. 

Wrong Console/Controller.

You don't even have a Standard 3,5mm headphone jack on the Xbox 360 Controller, only a 2,5mm one...

For the Wireless XBox 360 Controllers you need the 360 for Windows dongle to use them on PC...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

13 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Wrong Console/Controller.

You don't even have a Standard 3,5mm headphone jack on the Xbox 360 Controller, only a 2,5mm one...

For the Wireless XBox 360 Controllers you need the 360 for Windows dongle to use them on PC...

Ah, sorry had the wireless and wired 360 controllers mixed up

360s are so cheap I wouldn't power one off a makeshift PSU, and if you're going to invest money into a PSU just for this, buy an actual power brick for the console, don't bother with a PC CPU.

That said, I have an ancient 300W Deer ATX PSU I sacrificed (cut the cables since I didn't have small enough plugs) so I could boot a parts 360 up (just to try and see if it'd happen to have an interesting dashboard). Claims 15A 12V, worked just fine.

I just checked eBay and found that you can get these things dead cheap. You can easily get one for $15 USD or less. I even saw someone selling official MS PSUs that are what they claim as working but sold as is for like $5 USD. I would just grab one off eBay dead cheap or maybe even stop at GameStop. They might still have some sitting around. If you have any issues with it, eBay and PayPal should protect you and you can get your money back.