Asus

Evilwendie413

when you go from a nividia gigabyte graphics card and switch to a asus graphics card.. what should i do exactly? 

do i uninstall my geforce driver program?

does asus have a program like geforce where it auto detects and auto updates etc like the geforce program does?

do i delete my geforce program before i take off my gefoce graphics card? can i put on my asus graphics card then install the asus program then delete the geforce program AFTER i finish installing and setting up the asus program ?

i am so lost.. 

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

I don't even know how to explain this: You are confused.

The core of your new graphics card is still made by nvidia. Get your drivers from geforce.com nothing has changed. 

oh so i can continue to use the geforce experience program? just swap out the graphics card turn the pc on open up my program and click update driver and let it find the driver like normal etc ?

i thought i would need to go to the asus website and download the driver from them

1 minute ago, Evilwendie413 said:

oh so i can continue to use the geforce experience program? just swap out the graphics card turn the pc on open up my program and click update driver and let it find the driver like normal etc ?

i thought i would need to go to the asus website and download the driver from them

just download the latest driver from geforce.com and perform a clean install.

2 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

Which GPU did you have and what's the new one? Models please.

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N1050OC-2GD)

to 

ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Dual-Fan OC Edition VR Ready Dual HDMI DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1060-O6G)

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

just download the latest driver from geforce.com and perform a clean install.

would i need to uninstall my current geforce experience program? or just go to the website after i put on the new card and all of it will change over automatically?

1 minute ago, Evilwendie413 said:

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N1050OC-2GD)

to 

ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Dual-Fan OC Edition VR Ready Dual HDMI DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1060-O6G)

would i need to uninstall my current geforce experience program? or just go to the website after i put on the new card and all of it will change over automatically?

the clean install will fix that, I would recommend uninstalling geforce experience first just incase.

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

the clean install will fix that, I would recommend uninstalling geforce experience first just incase.

so should i change graphics cards then uninstall geforce? or can it be done either way?

i now with my setup on the tv the screen goes kinda side ways abit when the driver isnt installed so maybe i can download the new driver program file put it on the desktop then uninstall geforce turn the computer off swap graphics cards then turn it back on and open the program so that its in the middle of the screen so theres no problems getting to it?

Just now, Evilwendie413 said:

so should i change graphics cards then uninstall geforce? or can it be done either way?

i now with my setup on the tv the screen goes kinda side ways abit when the driver isnt installed so maybe i can download the new driver program file put it on the desktop then uninstall geforce turn the computer off swap graphics cards then turn it back on and open the program so that its in the middle of the screen so theres no problems getting to it?

download the latest driver from geforce.com

uninstall geforce experience

turn off pc

swap card

turn on pc

install the driver you downloaded.

select custom

perform clean install

reboot when its done

happy gaming

if that doesn't work, come back here and we can help. 

9 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

download the latest driver from geforce.com

uninstall geforce experience

turn off pc

swap card

turn on pc

install the driver you downloaded.

select custom

perform clean install

reboot when its done

happy gaming

if that doesn't work, come back here and we can help. 

exactly what i needed to know thanks!
if only instruction books were like this

39 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

exactly what i needed to know thanks!
if only instruction books were like this

lol with asus they are.. atleast i got a little booklet accompanied with stickers explaining just that with my rog strix gpu 

It is also good p.c. use so don't forget it 

always remove all programs that belong to a certain device before you swap it with another 
this can go as far as formatting whole hard drives with for instance cpu swaps.. just to be sure the new hardware works at 100% 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:11 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

lol with asus they are.. atleast i got a little booklet accompanied with stickers explaining just that with my rog strix gpu 

It is also good p.c. use so don't forget it 

always remove all programs that belong to a certain device before you swap it with another 
this can go as far as formatting whole hard drives with for instance cpu swaps.. just to be sure the new hardware works at 100% 

my booklet has 1 side by side page thats english.. the rest of the book is not english .. it just says ti take it out of the package remove the plastic covers put it into the pc plug it up with 6 pin and insert the install disc

27 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

my booklet has 1 side by side page thats english.. the rest of the book is not english .. it just says ti take it out of the package remove the plastic covers put it into the pc plug it up with 6 pin and insert the install disc

That much is true EvilWendie. I just had to look up my booklet too and indeed.. it just says remove old card insert new card install cd …..  

if ur using an asus mobo with it aswell u get the added benefit of controling the card within ai suite it should come under tpu after the cpu

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

19 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

That much is true EvilWendie. I just had to look up my booklet too and indeed.. it just says remove old card insert new card install cd …..  

i had to download the guru driver uninstaller download thenew driver program switch to safe mode uninstall the drivers the pc shut itself off then swapped out the card and installed the new one using the program.. my computer case doesnt have a disc thing for CDs dvds etc

1 hour ago, Evilwendie413 said:

i had to download the guru driver uninstaller download thenew driver program switch to safe mode uninstall the drivers the pc shut itself off then swapped out the card and installed the new one using the program.. my computer case doesnt have a disc thing for CDs dvds etc

Lol, that reminds me of when i bought my current build. I was waiting at the take away counter after i did my order when i suddenly was confronted with a salesmen asking me why i needed an internal dvd writer since my case is closed … The night before i had been looking at all kinds of different cases of which a couple still had dvd/cd player slots, felt a bit awkward and decided on getting a external dvd writer.. which serves my needs just as well..

So gpu installed, the drivers from the site are the latest though the programs accompanied with the disc might be different. for example if i use a certain program from the accompanied cd it has an OCD option which i can't find with the same program from the download online section… a bit silly but of course just a minor inconvenience…. so case closed Evilwendie?   

On 1/18/2019 at 4:04 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

Lol, that reminds me of when i bought my current build. I was waiting at the take away counter after i did my order when i suddenly was confronted with a salesmen asking me why i needed an internal dvd writer since my case is closed … The night before i had been looking at all kinds of different cases of which a couple still had dvd/cd player slots, felt a bit awkward and decided on getting a external dvd writer.. which serves my needs just as well..

So gpu installed, the drivers from the site are the latest though the programs accompanied with the disc might be different. for example if i use a certain program from the accompanied cd it has an OCD option which i can't find with the same program from the download online section… a bit silly but of course just a minor inconvenience…. so case closed Evilwendie?   

yup! its a couple days later and everything seems to be working fine.. going from the 1050 2gb to the 1060 6gb didnt seem to change my fps at all though.. maybe 5 or 10? probably not even that much.. i dont believe i did anything wrong.. i have the GPU peak 2 installed and it shows its the gtx 1060 the fans the temps everything.. just same problems as before fps is around 40 and 50 still.. i assumed buying a $400 graphics card would make big improvements but it didnt really do anything 

7 hours ago, Evilwendie413 said:

yup! its a couple days later and everything seems to be working fine.. going from the 1050 2gb to the 1060 6gb didnt seem to change my fps at all though.. maybe 5 or 10? probably not even that much.. i dont believe i did anything wrong.. i have the GPU peak 2 installed and it shows its the gtx 1060 the fans the temps everything.. just same problems as before fps is around 40 and 50 still.. i assumed buying a $400 graphics card would make big improvements but it didnt really do anything 

Well that depends, what is the program you use for measurements? I own both a 1050ti and a 1060 3 gb and the 1060 has almost twice the capacity of the1050Ti. This shows extremely well in games such as Total War Warhammer…. The highest settings for the 1050 are fxaa high/ ultra and with the 1060 i reach x4 high/ultra other then that the kombustor benchmark/stresstest that fits with the msi afterburner program shows double the fps that can be reached and ofcourse the benchmark from userbenchmark is way higher in scores with the 1060 then the 1050.

22 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

Well that depends, what is the program you use for measurements? I own both a 1050ti and a 1060 3 gb and the 1060 has almost twice the capacity of the1050Ti. This shows extremely well in games such as Total War Warhammer…. The highest settings for the 1050 are fxaa high/ ultra and with the 1060 i reach x4 high/ultra other then that the kombustor benchmark/stresstest that fits with the msi afterburner program shows double the fps that can be reached and ofcourse the benchmark from userbenchmark is way higher in scores with the 1060 then the 1050.

ctrl+R in-game on warcraft it shows the fps is pretty much the same to me 

im thinking its cause of my tv maybe idk.. my fps before the card was around 50-70 and with the card its 50-70 range so.. theres no improvement really.. i dont know if the 1050 was just already maxxed out on my motherboard and processor or if that stuff even matters..

my tv i have my game on is 65 inch 4k hdr smart tv but i have HDR gaming turned off.
 i assumed the card would give me some sort of improvement if atleast 15-20 fps more.. but it hasnt improved anything 

in case you ask 

https://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-GS4 FX R2.0/#FAQ
 amd fx (tm) 6300 six core 3.50 GHz
 16gb
 64bit  
windows 10 home

24 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

ctrl+R in-game on warcraft it shows the fps is pretty much the same to me 

im thinking its cause of my tv maybe idk.. my fps before the card was around 50-70 and with the card its 50-70 range so.. theres no improvement really.. i dont know if the 1050 was just already maxxed out on my motherboard and processor or if that stuff even matters..

my tv i have my game on is 65 inch 4k hdr smart tv but i have HDR gaming turned off.
 i assumed the card would give me some sort of improvement if atleast 15-20 fps more.. but it hasnt improved anything 

in case you ask 

https://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-GS4 FX R2.0/#FAQ
 amd fx (tm) 6300 six core 3.50 GHz
 16gb
 64bit  
windows 10 home

Hey there, 

Maybe you could try to download this program and run it from your p.c. 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/

When you follow this link you will be directed to the userbenchmark page. On that page you will see a link called "free download" if you click on that link you will download this little program. If you run that program a short benchmark will follow. On that benchmark we can see how your p.c. operates. 

this is my p.c. for instance

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13274426

If you could pass the results back here we can eliminate or conclude some more about your gpu :) 

On 1/22/2019 at 6:05 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

Hey there, 

When you follow this link you will be directed to the userbenchmark page. On that page you will see a link called "free download" if you click on that link you will download this little program. If you run that program a short benchmark will follow. On that benchmark we can see how your p.c. operates. 

If you could pass the results back here we can eliminate or conclude some more about your gpu :) 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14124376

On 1/22/2019 at 6:05 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

Hey there, 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8

20190125_084043.jpg

20190125_084032.jpg

20190125_084004.jpg

that was my bad.. apparently on the asus program for peak theres a button i accidently hit that turns off the fans ODB or something with the butterfly symbol .. the card isnt so hot now! but everything else is the same.. this happened this morning so dont get confused 

well i turned that stuff off and now my gpu is still starting to run around 70.. i turned my fans up to 65% speed and its sticking around 60 and 70... 
i last time i played everything was fine.. turned computer off and came back today and logged on my game and now my gpu is going up to 73.. i am around $1000 into this computer now.. i dont know what i am doing so wrong.. all i want to do is play world of warcraft.. lol

18 hours ago, Evilwendie413 said:

that was my bad.. apparently on the asus program for peak theres a button i accidently hit that turns off the fans ODB or something with the butterfly symbol .. the card isnt so hot now! but everything else is the same.. this happened this morning so dont get confused 

well i turned that stuff off and now my gpu is still starting to run around 70.. i turned my fans up to 65% speed and its sticking around 60 and 70... 
i last time i played everything was fine.. turned computer off and came back today and logged on my game and now my gpu is going up to 73.. i am around $1000 into this computer now.. i dont know what i am doing so wrong.. all i want to do is play world of warcraft.. lol

This gpu is bound to generate more heath then your previous card. My own system is about 10 degrees hotter in idle with a 1060 then a 1050. I guess the airflow in my case is better. I'm using 6 fans that all blow on a fairly low speed this prevents the 1060 from becoming too hot. When i know i want to play graphics high games i have a custom fan profile that sets the fans of the 1060 on 30% when windows starts and temperatures only rise up to around 58 degrees celcius with fan speeds around 40/50% rpm. 

You should do the bench i linked to you. Its an easy way to detect how your gpu fairs and if it should be returned to the seller. Maybe the results have something to do with your motherboard cpu combination. The fx6300 is not the fastest processor out there which might explain the lousy results you've been getting so far. If you do the bench and link the result page back here we can at least be conclusive about that part