Phishing Emails - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Evilwendie413

Asus

Posted · Original PosterOP

when you go from a nividia gigabyte graphics card and switch to a asus graphics card.. what should i do exactly? 

do i uninstall my geforce driver program?

does asus have a program like geforce where it auto detects and auto updates etc like the geforce program does?

do i delete my geforce program before i take off my gefoce graphics card? can i put on my asus graphics card then install the asus program then delete the geforce program AFTER i finish installing and setting up the asus program ?

i am so lost.. 

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

I don't even know how to explain this: You are confused.

The core of your new graphics card is still made by nvidia. Get your drivers from geforce.com nothing has changed. 

oh so i can continue to use the geforce experience program? just swap out the graphics card turn the pc on open up my program and click update driver and let it find the driver like normal etc ?

i thought i would need to go to the asus website and download the driver from them

Which GPU did you have and what's the new one? Models please.

2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro | X470 Gaming 7 Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA G3 650 Gold | 32" 4k Acer

Corsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M

| PCPARTPICKER BUILD | 

1 minute ago, Evilwendie413 said:

oh so i can continue to use the geforce experience program? just swap out the graphics card turn the pc on open up my program and click update driver and let it find the driver like normal etc ?

i thought i would need to go to the asus website and download the driver from them

just download the latest driver from geforce.com and perform a clean install.

2 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

Which GPU did you have and what's the new one? Models please.

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N1050OC-2GD)

to 

ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Dual-Fan OC Edition VR Ready Dual HDMI DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1060-O6G)

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

just download the latest driver from geforce.com and perform a clean install.

would i need to uninstall my current geforce experience program? or just go to the website after i put on the new card and all of it will change over automatically?

1 minute ago, Evilwendie413 said:

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N1050OC-2GD)

to 

ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Dual-Fan OC Edition VR Ready Dual HDMI DP 1.4 Gaming Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1060-O6G)

would i need to uninstall my current geforce experience program? or just go to the website after i put on the new card and all of it will change over automatically?

the clean install will fix that, I would recommend uninstalling geforce experience first just incase.

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

the clean install will fix that, I would recommend uninstalling geforce experience first just incase.

so should i change graphics cards then uninstall geforce? or can it be done either way?

i now with my setup on the tv the screen goes kinda side ways abit when the driver isnt installed so maybe i can download the new driver program file put it on the desktop then uninstall geforce turn the computer off swap graphics cards then turn it back on and open the program so that its in the middle of the screen so theres no problems getting to it?

Just now, Evilwendie413 said:

so should i change graphics cards then uninstall geforce? or can it be done either way?

i now with my setup on the tv the screen goes kinda side ways abit when the driver isnt installed so maybe i can download the new driver program file put it on the desktop then uninstall geforce turn the computer off swap graphics cards then turn it back on and open the program so that its in the middle of the screen so theres no problems getting to it?

download the latest driver from geforce.com

uninstall geforce experience

turn off pc

swap card

turn on pc

install the driver you downloaded.

select custom

perform clean install

reboot when its done

happy gaming

if that doesn't work, come back here and we can help. 

9 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

download the latest driver from geforce.com

uninstall geforce experience

turn off pc

swap card

turn on pc

install the driver you downloaded.

select custom

perform clean install

reboot when its done

happy gaming

if that doesn't work, come back here and we can help. 

exactly what i needed to know thanks!
if only instruction books were like this

39 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

exactly what i needed to know thanks!
if only instruction books were like this

lol with asus they are.. atleast i got a little booklet accompanied with stickers explaining just that with my rog strix gpu 

It is also good p.c. use so don't forget it 

always remove all programs that belong to a certain device before you swap it with another 
this can go as far as formatting whole hard drives with for instance cpu swaps.. just to be sure the new hardware works at 100% 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:11 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

lol with asus they are.. atleast i got a little booklet accompanied with stickers explaining just that with my rog strix gpu 

It is also good p.c. use so don't forget it 

always remove all programs that belong to a certain device before you swap it with another 
this can go as far as formatting whole hard drives with for instance cpu swaps.. just to be sure the new hardware works at 100% 

my booklet has 1 side by side page thats english.. the rest of the book is not english .. it just says ti take it out of the package remove the plastic covers put it into the pc plug it up with 6 pin and insert the install disc

27 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

my booklet has 1 side by side page thats english.. the rest of the book is not english .. it just says ti take it out of the package remove the plastic covers put it into the pc plug it up with 6 pin and insert the install disc

That much is true EvilWendie. I just had to look up my booklet too and indeed.. it just says remove old card insert new card install cd …..  

if ur using an asus mobo with it aswell u get the added benefit of controling the card within ai suite it should come under tpu after the cpu

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | RYZEN 1800X | GIGABYTE AORUS DDR4 3200MHZ 16-16-18-38 | MSI GTX 1060(6G) | COOLER MASTER ML240L RGB AIO | NZXT S340 ELITE | SAMSUNG 850 EVO

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 1500X | ADATA DDR4 2400 | ASUS GTX 970 OC | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | HYPER 212 RED | 2TB WD HDD