Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut vs IC Graphite Thermal Pad

Go to solution Solved by Cyberspirit,

As far as I know, the pads are viable but, not for long term use. Use the paste unless you want to replace the pad often.

Sorry, seems like I was wrong about that. Graphine pads should last you longer but, a good quality paste should still perform a little better so if you really can't be bothered to change the paste then, a pad would be a good solution.

Hi!

I am going to build new PC soon. I intend to use 9700K (or 9900K) with AIO water cooling.

What thermal solution is better?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut or IC Graphite Thermal Pad

Which one of these two works better in a practice?

Thanks!

As far as I know, the pads are viable but, not for long term use. Use the paste unless you want to replace the pad often.

Sorry, seems like I was wrong about that. Graphine pads should last you longer but, a good quality paste should still perform a little better so if you really can't be bothered to change the paste then, a pad would be a good solution.

Edited by Cyberspirit
Correction.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

• 2 weeks later...

I made an account just to contradict the "best response", for future buyer's reference. The IC Graphite thermal pads are a long term solution that exhibit more consistent temperatures than traditional thermal paste - though it's usually warmer by 1-2 degrees Celsius than high end thermal paste. Graphite pads don't dry out, they are highly temperature resistant, and don't react with anything in a computer system (other than being electrically conductive). Use them to your heart's content - they are an excellent purchase for anyone needing a "set it and forget it" solution. 

Thermal Grizzly OR an IC thermal pad? Why not both?! Thermal Grizzly is looking to release a thermal pad called the Carbonaut that is ideal for long term use. Should be out in a few weeks.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:29 AM, Cyberspirit said:

This is the opposite of correct.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

39 minutes ago, nick name said:

This is the opposite of correct.

Yeah, seems like I was wrong. Not sure where I got that from. :/

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.