Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MojangYang

Reliable ssd

The Samsung is the most reliable one.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys. I came across 3 ssds that I can easily purchase on eBay. They are the Samsung 860 EVO, the WD blue ssd, and the Crucial MX500, which is not as common as the other two. They have similar read/write speeds. But which one is the most reliable and has the longest life span?

Posted · Best Answer

I'm not liable for anything that may happen to you and your PC if you decide to follow my advice. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

Make sure to tag or quote who you are trying to reply to, that way they will see your answer.

Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List 3.0 | Posting Guidelines | Ask me anything

I have rarely seen better SSD prices on eBay versus sites like Amazon or Newegg.  

AMD Ryzen 2700X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  | G.SKILL TridentZ 3636MHz 14-15-14-28 2x8GB  | EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3  | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

The Samsung and Crucial are pretty much as good as each other. Get whichever is cheaper

DIOCLETIAN III : CPU: Core i7-8700K @5.0GhZ || CPU COOLER : BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || MOBO : ASUS STRIX Z370-E || GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC || RAM: 2x8GB GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync || SSDs: 970 EVO 250GB (Boot), 850 EVO 1TB, MX500 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x & Corsair Premium cables || Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG RGB SE|| Monitor: Samsung 28" 4K60HZ ||  KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Browns) || Mouse: Logitech G502 with XXL mouse mat || Audio: SteelSeries Arctis 5, Blue Snowball iCE || Case Fans : 2x Phanteks 140MM Halos RGB, 1x BeQuiet! SilentWings 3 140mm ||

MAXIMIAN II  : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9GhZ|| CPU COOLER : Cooler Master ML240L w/ Corsair SP120 || MOBO : MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon|| GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis (2666) || SSD: TeamGroup L5 Lite 3D 240GB || HDD: Barracuda 2TB || PSU: SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 650W w/ Cablemod Basics extensions || CASE: Phanteks P300 Black || Monitor: ACER KG1 1440p 144HZ || KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow X Chroma TE  || Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310 || Audio: HyperX Cloud II || Case Fans : 3x Corsair SP120 Blue LED||

LAPTOP - Dell XPS 15 9570: CPU: Core i7-8750H || GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB || RAM: 2*8GB SODIMM || SSD: 512GB M.2 SSD || CASE: 15.6" Laptop with dBrand skin || Monitor: 15" 3840x2160 Touchscreen ||  KEYBOARD: Laptop keyboard  || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Audio: Usually HyperX Cloud II, but sometimes Arctis 5 or something else

MARCUS AURELIUS II (HTPC) : CPU: i7-2600K || CPU COOLER : ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE || MOBO : ASUS P8Z77I Deluxe || GPU: XFX RX 580 || RAM: 2x8GB Generic DDR3-1600 || SSD: 240GB Inland || HDD: WD Blue 1TB || PSU: Corsair TX550M || CASE: Metallic Gear NEO Mini || Monitor: LG 65SK8000PUA 65" 4K TV || KEYBOARD: Corsair K63 Wireless || Mouse: Logitech G603 || Audio: Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar || Case Fans : 1x Noctua P14S, 1x S340 Elite case fan

Mobile: Galaxy S7, Honor 7X || Kindle Fire 10" & 7" - Running Android 6.0 ||

Forum salt merchant so granted by @dizmo, Grand Deacon of the Glorious Brethren and Guardians of the Most High Overlords Asus and Arctic Cooling. All hail thy lord and savior the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE

13 hours ago, 1kv said:

Was that an out of season april fools joke?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

26 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Was that an out of season april fools joke?

If I got something wrong, correct me. I'd appreciate a correction a lot more than sarcasm.

My explanation as to why I said the Samsung drive is better is as follows (take what I say with a grain of salt):

The chips Samsung make are well known for reliability and the build quality of Samsung drives are brilliant. I own an MX500 250GB and it just doesn't feel as well put together as the 850 EVO in my brother's PC. 

If you want value and quality the MX500 is definitely the way to go, but if you just want quality and reliability then I'd still say 860 EVO.

I'm not liable for anything that may happen to you and your PC if you decide to follow my advice. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

Make sure to tag or quote who you are trying to reply to, that way they will see your answer.

Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List 3.0 | Posting Guidelines | Ask me anything