ASUS Scar 2 Fan Constantly High

Hello, recently I purchasesd an ASUS Scar 2 (GL504GS) and have realized that even when no programs are open the left fan specifically is constantly running very loudly. I have tried setting it to silent in gaming center which produces no result and I have also updated the bios to the latest version which also produces no results. Does anyone have this laptop and has had to go though similar issues? Any help will be appreciated! ?

Regards. 

Why get the 1070 version. The cooling cannot handle the heat output

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

On 1/10/2019 at 11:50 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Why get the 1070 version. The cooling cannot handle the heat output

I didn't expect this to be an issue when i bought it, even so I have no issue with it being loud when under load. It's just annoying for the fans to be on full speed even though I'm only using chrome.

26 minutes ago, Sean Seebaran said:

I didn't expect this to be an issue when i bought it, even so I have no issue with it being loud when under load. It's just annoying for the fans to be on full speed even though I'm only using chrome.

What are your temperatures like? Use any good monitoring software.

Honestly though this is pretty common for modern gaming laptops.

18 hours ago, markr54632 said:

What are your temperatures like? Use any good monitoring software.

Honestly though this is pretty common for modern gaming laptops.

According to game center both my cpu and gpu are around 45 degrees Celsius

4 minutes ago, Sean Seebaran said:

According to game center both my cpu and gpu are around 45 degrees Celsius

If that's at idle, then it sounds like it's pretty normal behavior. You are well past the capability of the thermal solution in that model, so the fans are going to run high.

If it bothers you and you are within return policy, the best option is to return it and exchange for something with a better thermal solution.

You could attempt to replace the thermal paste with a higher performance paste, but that opens up to different issues. Any non conductive paste will pump out in bare die applications. Some faster than others. This means almost yearly disassembly. Something you don't have to do with the stock asus gummy paste. If you go liquid metal it WILL degrade the metal over time and it WILL migrate. If done properly you won't notice any issues until the laptop has outlived useful life.

7 hours ago, markr54632 said:

the best option is to return it and exchange for something with a better thermal solution.

^^this.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128