New Camera Advice

I'm in the market for a new camera, I do about 50/50 pics to video right now but am more interested in video going forward. The most important things in a camera to me are that it works well run and gun and is portable (no monopod or cage etc.), that it is built well to stand up to my active and on the go life (needs weather sealing), and that it is high quality and will last a while. I have about $1500 to spend on the body and lens, without much room to push. I have looked at the Fujifilm X-H1 and the GH5, my worry with the GH5 is that with the new S1 it will get left behind along with the rest of mft. But I'm more than open to new suggestions and other brands. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I'd most likely buy one used just to save money

Nice point about the GH5 and a valid concern, though I'd still seriously consider it.

Would you be into using a gimbal? If so, the XT-3 might be worth looking into. It doesn't have IBIS, hence the gimbal.

If IBIS is a must, maybe check out the GH4. Again, Panasonic's commitment to MFT may be in question, but a used GH4 would be great value for money. The XH-1 isn't a bad option either, though I'd wait to see what the XH-2 has to offer before pulling the trigger on that.

Do you need autofocus during video? That would narrow down the options a lot.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

If you are looking to buy something now, those would be your options. I might suggest you go with the G7 over the gh4/5 sipmply because its less of a sunk cost if panasonic decide to leave m4/3 behind, even though I assume Olympus won't. 

If you can wait a bit, I'd suggest you wait for what will be unveiled during the quarter by Canon. The 90d is expected to be released and honestly, it will be what you need, even though I assume you will want more. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/