Bungie and Activision part ways

suits
Go to solution Solved by ZacoAttaco,

That's good, it will stay on Battle.net for the time being.

1 minute ago, -rascal- said:

Played it frequent for about ... 2 ~ 3 months (?). Haven't touched it since.

Therefore you managed to extract more value than anyone who bought Mass Effect:Andromeda.  So that's something.

10 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

You mean...

Activision  Bungie wanted a game that wasn't totally shit

No. Destiny 1 was a piece of shit. If Bungie wants another Destiny 1 and Activision doesn't, Activision is the one that doesn't want a shit game.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Therefore you managed to extract more value than anyone who bought Mass Effect:Andromeda.  So that's something.

Shhhaaaaaaaaayyyt

7 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The servers are still pretty bad.  I keep getting pulled into in-progress games, I can't block people spamming me with fireteam request because of "network errors", match matching is overall bad because of the severs, Leviathan still has the right side void bug where you randomly get pulled over, they won't do anything about the illegal network attacks in comp, and so on.  The new "dlc" forge crap is pretty bad too.  Even Datto stopped playing that portion.  My suggestion is to just play a different game until Bungie proves they have improved.

I have kind of given up on the game... (but still some hope)

My brother grabbed the game while it was free; he spent less than a month on it, and that was it.

He did mention some game issues -- I think some were the ones you mentioned.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz (still tweaking) -- i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT Special Edition Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition -- 2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

18 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No. Destiny 1 was a piece of shit. If Bungie wants another Destiny 1 and Activision doesn't, Activision is the one that doesn't want a shit game.

Most people agree that Destiny 1 vanilla was not a good product. Once the Taken King expansion came out, people's opinion's changed, it was an acclaimed expansion.

4 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Most people agree that Destiny 1 vanilla was not a good product. Once the Taken King expansion came out, people's opinion's changed, it was an acclaimed expansion.

You mean when Bungie finally added some fucking story a year later? The story itself was pretty standardized and not that good. The way it was told was not that good. The gameplay was not that good.

Yeah if Bungie is wanting to do things that way, they're just going to release more shit games.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

You mean when Bungie finally added some fucking story a year later? The story itself was pretty standardized and not that good. The way it was told was not that good. The gameplay was not that good.

Yeah if Bungie is wanting to do things that way, they're just going to release more shit games.

I'd argue most people enjoy the core gameplay of Destiny, it's just everything surrounding the core gameplay that brings down the experience.

awww but i was looking forward to Destiny 3 Destiny Immortals at the next blizcon

Spoiler

/s

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I'd argue most people enjoy the core gameplay of Destiny

I wouldn't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

It appears now that Activision is now under investigation of "securities fraud or other unlawful business practices." after this split... Investors raised some concerns  and now "Pomerantz LLP" is involved

Saw it on https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/12/activision-under-investigation-for-fraud-bungie-slit/

but the original source link is https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shareholder-alert-pomerantz-law-firm-investigates-claims-on-behalf-of-investors-of-activision-blizzard-inc---atvi-300777066.html

Not a lot of info about it other than this being announced as an alert to shareholders and technically is an 'official notice' to everyone else.

1 hour ago, Hezkezl said:

It appears now that Activision is now under investigation of "securities fraud or other unlawful business practices." after this split... Investors raised some concerns  and now "Pomerantz LLP" is involved

Saw it on https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/01/12/activision-under-investigation-for-fraud-bungie-slit/

but the original source link is https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shareholder-alert-pomerantz-law-firm-investigates-claims-on-behalf-of-investors-of-activision-blizzard-inc---atvi-300777066.html

Not a lot of info about it other than this being announced as an alert to shareholders and technically is an 'official notice' to everyone else.

I wouldn't put any stock in this.  Less scrupulous law firms love to say they're "investigating" claims to get their names in the headlines, but the vast majority of those announcements don't go anywhere.  They either realize they don't have a case or are too small/intimidated to actually do anything about it.  Let me know when Pomerantz files a lawsuit and then there'll be something worth discussing!