Titles are getting worse (proposal)

JoostinOnline
On 1/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, TheKDub said:

Just wanted to add this to the discussion...

CES 2015:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

CES 2017:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

CES 2019 (so far):

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

I definitely would rather have 2015 titles/thumbnails over 2019 titles/thumbnails.

i love that you posted this. because it shows exactly why they are doing it. yes the videos got more clickbaity, but look at the view count as well.  it works. and it proves that what they are doing, is providing growth in viewership.  its shitty, but it works

22 hours ago, James said:

This I don't understand. As someone else ITT stated, "if you're going to watch them all anyway, what does it matter what the title/thumbnail are?"

I used to feel the same way.  i watch everything out of the subscription page and just click through everything that i havent watched yet without having looked at the title or thumbnail at all.   But lately, especially with CES coverage, as an adult with a job and 4 kids, i dont have the time to watch everything, i only want to see what is relevant to me.  with the move to clickbait, i dont know whats relevant to me anymore. so i havent watched any of the ces content this year and i find myself skipping more and more videos simply because i cant be asked to sit through the entire first half of a 10 minute video before finding out what its even about, only to find im not interested.

i totally understand the clickbait, and i can even support doing it.  but i think you can be clickbaity without being vague

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

9 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I understand the position LMG is in, I guess this is just another reason why Floatplane is such a good idea for the company. In theory, the titles on Floatplane could be more descriptive and less click bait.

I'm learning to live with the titles, especially if the thumbnail gives me a good idea of the product or topic covered. I understand the predicment the business is in, it's success largely depends on performance on YouTube.I understand click baiting timed content like Techlinked is more than fine, the life-span of the video is realistically less than a few days, success is purely based on the first 24 hours or so. On the other hand, I really don't get click-baiting Techquickie videos, my understanding of Techquickie is that it's supposed to be a repository of informative tech related videos. An archive almost. When I'm curious about a topic, I like to see Techquickie videos appear at or near the top, even if it is some years old, it's a consistent format I've grown accustomed to. Today I was curious about negative vs postive air pressure and an informative Techquickie video appeared.

TechquickieNames4.jpg.3d3c3689d791a1c63a44faef58917a8d.jpg

In my opinion, a more conventional title for the first video would be, 'How do FOLDABLE SCREENS work?', particularly given that the topic of foldable phones is somewhat trending. Another conern for me is the thumbnail, not sure if this was intentional but it's indistinguishable from a standard LTT video, usually I can tell from the thumbnail what sort of video I'm about to watch, they have their distinct styles but between the thumbnail and title I had no idea the video was about how Foldable Screen technology worked. Not sure if that's helpful at all.

Again, I appreciate the team's transparency and honesty on this topic.

All your concerns were mirrored in a recent internal meeting, but the fact is that TQ has become stagnant growth-wise so we have to respond.

16 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Easy to do!

i see purple i like. 

oh......

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

38 minutes ago, James said:

All your concerns were mirrored in a recent internal meeting, but the fact is that TQ has become stagnant growth-wise so we have to respond.

image.png.81f3f74303fad5a29b64cb8f88a2c237.png

this thing on youtube app on TV where i have no control, can not differentiate whether it's a TQ channel upload or LTT upload, this was a pure deceptive thumbnail, atleast differentiate LTT and TQ thumbnails 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker