h115i vs. 150i for 500D SE RGB Case

Would it be better to use h115i and stick the radiator on top? or would 150i be better by putting the radiator on the front? (Then I'm also worried if the graphics card will get in the way as my MSI 2080ti gaming x trio is long.

There shouldn't be that much of a difference regardless of the position of the radiator, you may get slightly better airflow through the top but overall it shouldn't really matter even if you do mount the rad in the front as long as you just re-locate the fans to the top 

Do i Recommend Ryzen? Yes. All of the Yes.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

ASUS Gaming TUF B450 Micro-ATX

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Corsair Crystal 280X

500Gb SanDisk Sata SSD, 1Tb 7200RPM Hdd

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

Top is best, and in front will raise GPU temps by 5-10C

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384

Please don't make duplicate threads -- they've been merged. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I read that Corsair's 500D se rgb will face an issue if the AIO radiator is put on top as it will more than like collide with the motherboard's heatsink. I'm not sure if that's true and I need someone to help me with this.. If this is true, should I go with putting the radiator on the front? or change the case altogether?

I've found alternatives just in case and these seem the most popular:

Lian Li O11 dynamic
Phanteks enthoo pro m tempered glass
coolermaster h500m

Fractal design R6

Fractal design meshify C

7 hours ago, vjizzle2384 said:

Top is best, and in front will raise GPU temps by 5-10C

If CPU temp is more important though, would front be better? 

6 minutes ago, qkrzazzang said:

If CPU temp is more important though, would front be better? 

If that were the case, yes. Graphics cards are generally much more sensitive to temps though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If that were the case, yes. Graphics cards are generally much more sensitive to temps though.

True.. I'm quite lost now. I read that h115i radiator on top could clash with the motherboard heatsink with this 500d case. If this is true, I don't know if I should change to h150i or just change the case.

2 hours ago, qkrzazzang said:

True.. I'm quite lost now. I read that h115i radiator on top could clash with the motherboard heatsink with this 500d case. If this is true, I don't know if I should change to h150i or just change the case.

It should fit fine. Here are some examples: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/xVbwrH#h=521,725

9 minutes ago, qkrzazzang said:

Thanks for the link. I saw those and I meant as a push/pull config.. I'm thinking maybe to go with the 150i. The spec says 2x120 or 2x140mm fans on top. does this mean I can go either way?

Yes, it means either way but the H150i is a 360mm which wouldn't fit at the top. Why push / pull?

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, it means either way but the H150i is a 360mm which wouldn't fit at the top. Why push / pull?

On the front. I think it's more common to do it on the front for this case for whatever reason.. Do you by chance know the difference between HD, ML, LL fans as to what I should buy for the top and the rear? I'm gonna be using 3 stock fans for the front.

9 minutes ago, qkrzazzang said:

On the front. I think it's more common to do it on the front for this case for whatever reason.. Do you by chance know the difference between HD, ML, LL fans as to what I should buy for the top and the rear? I'm gonna be using 3 stock fans for the front.

I'm not sure how you'd count which is more common but both top and front mounting rads is very common. As mentioned, mounting at the top is probably better. 

HD fans are RGB. LL has more fully-featured lighting options and is a smaller fan due to the LED ring. ML's use magnetic levitation bearings and is the best of the 3 if you ignore the lighting options. The H115i Pro and H150i Pro already come with ML fans. 

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

I'm not sure how you'd count which is more common but both top and front mounting rads is very common. As mentioned, mounting at the top is probably better. 

HD fans are RGB. LL has more fully-featured lighting options and is a smaller fan due to the LED ring. ML's use magnetic levitation bearings and is the best of the 3 if you ignore the lighting options. The H115i Pro and H150i Pro already come with ML fans. 

I just decided to go with the h150i as the 115i platinum is not in stock where I live. For my case, so I will be using the 3 stock ll120 fans to push, and h150i to pull on the front. For the top 2x140 and rear 1x120, which series would be the best?

2 minutes ago, qkrzazzang said:

I just decided to go with the h150i as the 115i platinum is not in stock where I live. For my case, so I will be using the 3 stock ll120 fans to push, and h150i to pull on the front. For the top 2x140 and rear 1x120, which series would be the best?

If you're after the lighting aesthetic, you could get more LL's. 

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you're after the lighting aesthetic, you could get more LL's. 

1. 2x140 ML fans top, 1x120ML fans rear

2. 2x140 ll fans top, 1x120ll fans rear

Both options would work and 1st choice would be slightly better?

38 minutes ago, qkrzazzang said:

1. 2x140 ML fans top, 1x120ML fans rear

2. 2x140 ll fans top, 1x120ll fans rear

Both options would work and 1st choice would be slightly better?

ML's perform much better but you could just use the stock case or cooler fans instead if you don't need matching fans.