Is mining STORJ or BurstCoin viable?

..at all??

I'm planning to get a WD Red 3TB hard drive, and it will be running 24/7.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

With a 3TB hdd entirely dedicated to mining burst you will earn at most 2$ a month, minus the electricity costs, so i would say it is not profitable.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

6 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

at all??

Have you seen the direction crypto coin value has taken recently?

All of them are heading off a steep cliff.

Now, you wanna do it for fun, knock yourself out, but if you're trying to make money....well...good luck.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Is there a better option? Mistook the 2$/m for 2$/day. Pretty unprofitable then

40 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Have you seen the direction crypto coin value has taken recently?

All of them are heading off a steep cliff.

Now, you wanna do it for fun, knock yourself out, but if you're trying to make money....well...good luck.

Apple stock took a nose dive, does that mean the company is doomed to failure?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

Apple stock took a nose dive, does that mean the company is doomed to failure?

That's some bad logic on your part.

CCs are in freefall. Apple had a bad quarter, but a track record of doing well. When Apple's stocks go back to the bad days when Bill Gates had to bail them out, then we'll talk...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

26 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's some bad logic on your part.

CCs are in freefall. Apple had a bad quarter, but a track record of doing well. When Apple's stocks go back to the bad days when Bill Gates had to bail them out, then we'll talk...

In freefall you say? Apple's bad quarter you say? Looks pretty damn level to me...

image.png.74935fbbb0a9a99b4d0223413239ba30.png

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

Looks pretty damn level to me

Correct me please, what was the high for BTC again?

57 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

so your version of "freefall" is an asset losing value sharply and then holding at that lower value for a period of about 2 months?

You're odd. usually when someone says "it's in a freefall"... it continues to fall, and fall, and fall, with no forward momentum (that being over time). I just showed you THAT AIN'T HAPPEN'N. Now if you were to say that "CC's are (present tense was used) in freefall" 2 months to a year ago, i'd agree. but to say that now? I think you're high. Either that or you put a negitive spin on it so you can poopoo the technology for some reason. Nothing could be further from reality. Hell they are all on SALE, difficulty is DOWN across the board thanks largely to this sharp decline. CC in freefall?

I reject that assessment, wholeheartedly.

System specs:

2 hours ago, knightslugger said:

In freefall you say? Apple's bad quarter you say? Looks pretty damn level to me...

image.png.74935fbbb0a9a99b4d0223413239ba30.png

So you show us about a month where it's "level" and call it that? It had a HUGE drop from a year ago when it was just shy of $20k. CC in general isn't a wise investment. A good percentage of them are from 80% to 99% of their all time highs.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

so your version of "freefall" is an asset losing value sharply and then holding at that lower value for a period of about 2 months?

You're odd. usually when someone says "it's in a freefall"... it continues to fall, and fall, and fall. I just showed you THAT AIN'T HAPPEN'N. Now if you were to say that "CC's are (present tense was used) in freefall" 2 months ago, i'd agree. but to say that now? I think you're high. Either that or you put a negitive spin on it so you can poopoo the technology for some reason. Nothing could be further from reality. Hell they are all on SALE, difficulty is DOWN across the board thanks largely to this sharp decline. CC in freefall?

I reject that assessment, wholeheartedly.

ok. My def of freefall is different than yours. Losing 90% of your value is not good from a stock POV. But we can agree to disagree, I'm an adult.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

ok. My def of freefall is different than yours. Losing 90% of your value is not good from a stock POV. But we can agree to disagree, I'm an adult.

Let's also not forget just a couple weeks before the "level" it dropped another 50% from the value it was. Going from $8 to now under $4k. No one will ever buy stocks on a 3 month history alone. That would be very foolish to do unless you don't like making money.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

16 minutes ago, Psybadek said:

Let's also not forget just a couple weeks before the "level" it dropped another 50% from the value it was. Going from $8 to now under $4k. No one will ever buy stocks on a 3 month history alone. That would be very foolish to do unless you don't like making money.

I agree with you completely. I do a little (very little) bit of stock trading. Watching CC coins tumble, esp from that kind of rapid climb (which in itself says "trouble") says "bad investment" and nothing in the news has said otherwise.

If you got in on the ground floor, you'd still be doing great even now, but trying to get into it this late n the game is asking to be ripped off. But others here seem to hold a different viewpoint on the validity of CC, and that's fine, we're all entitled to a view, and my view is CC is a *bad* investment/mining effort.

One of the big things you have to look at, is the *why* it's dropped so badly, and if that *why* is a temp thing and will go away, or not. And that *why* is the gov't is starting to get involved and taxing it, several large-scale businesses are refusing to take it, and so forth.

2 months of steady price is a long time in CC. I'm not confident either of you really GET that. Ya'll are worked up that it it lost so much over a period of a year that you're willing to call it a freefall... but hey, apple losing 30% in about a week 3 months or so... that's just a "Bad quarter"...

System specs:

If theres anything we have learned from all the various stock market crashes, and cryptocurrency crashes, its that the market always recovers. CC's, or bitcoin specifically, has lost around 90% of its value a tremendous amount of times, and has been declared dead more times than you can count. 
Call me delusional, an optimist or anything else you'd like, but at the current price, im just trying to buy up as much bitcoin as I can to the point where ive sold all my stock positions when BTC hit 5k. And while I did lose money on that since BTC did go lower, when you look back at the price of bitcoin in 5 years time it will be the exact same way as looking back at bitcoins value 5 years from now.

I'd advise you guys to look into what cryptocurrencies can actually do, specifically I would advise looking at the big names exclusively such as Ripple, Cardano and Siacoin because the market cap of cryptos currently is laughably small, and the potential gains unimaginably large.

But hey thats just my opinion

Okay and all but I just want to know something that makes like, 1€ a day or more without very expensive hardware (under 130€).