Hard Drive not showing up in bios or Windows 10

Haganation04

I just put together a PC, and I have a Gigabyte Aorus B450 pro wifi mobo. I have an m.2 NVMe 1tb SSD, and I also have a 1tb WD hdd. When I go into bios, the Hdd is not showing up, only the ssd. I know it works, but It is not showing up. HELP

11 minutes ago, Haganation04 said:

I just put together a PC, and I have a Gigabyte Aorus B450 pro wifi mobo. I have an m.2 NVMe 1tb SSD, and I also have a 1tb WD hdd. When I go into bios, the Hdd is not showing up, only the ssd. I know it works, but It is not showing up. HELP

If you use the HDD in a certain Sata slot, the M.2 will use the slot and disable anything that's connected. try a different port.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

8 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

Have you set the drive up in windows disk management?

That would not prevent it from showing in bios.

This means that the drive is not connected to the computer, try replugging it in on both ends of the sata cable and the power cable on the hard drive. If it still doesn’t show in bios, try a different sata port. If still no then reset the cmos. If that doesn’t work then the actual controller board is broken on the drive, as even a failed drive will be reported in bios if the controller board is fine.

57 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

Have you set the drive up in windows disk management?

How do I do that?