Computer stops booting after installing new ram

I just tryed to install new/more ram on my motherboard. however, my cimputer wont boot. I found I didnt plug them in all the way and then i tryed again. still nothing. any help?

Can you check the type of RAM you installed, and the CPU you are using? If they are not compatible, the system wont run.

More details please. Platform ?  Amount of old RAM ?  Amount of new RAM ?  Where is the boot process stopping ? Does the system boot fine with just the old RAM ?

i had 8gb in 1 stick of ram before. i was upgradinf to 32 in 4 sticks. Im on a asus motherboard of some kind (dont remeber was kind. gotta check) with intel i5 6500.  The monitor doesnt show anything. i tryed booting without the gpu as well

ive also tryes The old ram again with same computer. still nothing. side note, the leds on keyboard and mouse will work and fans will run when turned on. just nothing on monitor. i have also, removed The csmos battery and put it back in

Please upload a photo of the RAM, or its name or a link to where you bought it, so we can see the model.

ok sketchy part. while in china, i bought it in a store inside of a electronics market. 

1547122854952..jpg

There is the problem. You bought a DDR4-2400 memory, while your CPU only accepts 

DDR4-1866/2133 and DDR3L-1333/1600. I hope you can return it and buy a new one. If not, resell it or save it for the future, but it wont work with your CPU.

14 minutes ago, juliolp said:

There is the problem. You bought a DDR4-2400 memory, while your CPU only accepts 

DDR4-1866/2133 and DDR3L-1333/1600. I hope you can return it and buy a new one. If not, resell it or save it for the future, but it wont work with your CPU.

No there is not the problem. Even if that was the problem, it doesn't explain this:

ive also tryed The old ram again with same computer. still nothing

But you can have ddr4 2400 ram with that cpu, but it will just run at the default ddr4 2133 speed. You could even use ddr4 3000mhz ram with that cpu, it will just run at 2133.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

You are right, I guess I was thinking of having DDR4 memory in a DDR3 motherboard. Being that not the case, we need more information to find the problem.

its defnitly a ddr4 mobo as the old ram is also ddr4. The issue is probably not with the ram as putting the old ram in doesnt work

Try using one stick of Ram of the new Ram one at a time and try various ram slots, It may be just one Ram stick tripping the whole system up

Do i Recommend Ryzen? Yes. All of the Yes.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

ASUS Gaming TUF B450 Micro-ATX

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Corsair Crystal 280X

500Gb SanDisk Sata SSD, 1Tb 7200RPM Hdd

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240