Water Distribution Blocks and How To Make Them

soo...i was wondering..

i know bitspower and some othersmake them from time to time

i know Parvum makes them to spec if you talk to them

but do you guys know who else makes them to spec? like if i where to want one where do i go ? there must be people out selling custom ones. i just cant find them.

preferrably shipping to europe

7jUznQba_X9JH4h8UlT5FaTkQytxXRfA2W2KvpZjZ5CNzuiBhUuMDKv-9cy_VuP3SATE3Qk7cbBhAA6MEnQ0mX5pL8DJ1IQLhA8ZzkN1D9Ain29KEYE_uaKwqO-2hMZRh4yZL74=w2016-h1344-no

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

why has nobody told me Parvum exists? woah... dis some cool stuff :D 

no clue on your questions, never heard of any company selling custom distribution blocks before. there are ones made for some cases like the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic but those are hardly custom

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

You mean to connect multiple gpu's to one block?

EK did a custom one for Linus some time back when 9 gamers 2 cpu or whatever it was

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

At this time, Barrow and Bykski are your only options, apart from custom blocks. So far I could only them on Aliexpress, plus there's one shop on eBay that imports them to the EU. 

33 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

why has nobody told me Parvum exists? woah... dis some cool stuff :D 

no clue on your questions, never heard of any company selling custom distribution blocks before. there are ones made for some cases like the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic but those are hardly custom

funy you mention that im looking for one for that exact case except with custom spacing so bitspower and barrow do me no good

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

25 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

You mean to connect multiple gpu's to one block?

EK did a custom one for Linus some time back when 9 gamers 2 cpu or whatever it was

no no not the sli bridge thing the bottom plate in the picture where all connects to and gets routed

19 minutes ago, FRSHPRNCFBLR said:

At this time, Barrow and Bykski are your only options, apart from custom blocks. So far I could only them on Aliexpress, plus there's one shop on eBay that imports them to the EU. 

actually since i would need custom port locations PARVUM would be my only option right now

Search around forums, especialy build log threads.

See if u can find som1 who has their own CNC and could make u one.

it really isnt all that hard to make tbh. I would say the hardest part is sourcing the o-rings, actualy designing and cutting is easy. I mean REALLY easy.

Now i do have a CnC ,, but im not in the position to offer my services unfortunatly ..but im sure u could find som1 who could help.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

try to contact this guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MinCakmhnh9CJUh-TzNRw he makes custom reservoirs and can make a custom distro plate, but you have to provide some design and dimentions.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

3 hours ago, MaratM said:

try to contact this guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MinCakmhnh9CJUh-TzNRw he makes custom reservoirs and can make a custom distro plate, but you have to provide some design and dimentions.

saw that guy already but he cost just as much as parvum would if not more and at that point i might as well go with the little bit more professional guys

4 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

saw that guy already but he cost just as much as parvum would if not more and at that point i might as well go with the little bit more professional guys

Out of curiosity, how much are they charging ?

From what i can see, a large distro block say 300mm x 200mm would likely cost in materials about £50.  Thats the plexi + orings + bolts (inc shipping). 

Then ontop of that you add on build cost (CnC power cost & tool wear), any profit the maker wants to get for it, and finaly shipping to you  So its not cheap by any means.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

Out of curiosity, how much are they charging ?

From what i can see, a large distro block say 300mm x 200mm would likely cost in materials about £50.  Thats the plexi + orings + bolts (inc shipping). 

Then ontop of that you add on build cost (CnC power cost & tool wear), any profit the maker wants to get for it, and finaly shipping to you  So its not cheap by any means.

did i say it was cheap?

dont quote me on this. this may be old numbers. but in a conversation i had with them august 2017 they wrote this in an email to me

It will depend on the complexity of the design, as far as the cutting and manual work goes. For example, number of g1/4 ports, channels, details etc. 

Depths we use would be either 10mm sheet with 5mm lid or 15mm sheet with 5mm lid. 10mm sheet has depth of 7mm so over a large size that is plenty of liquid. Just some prefer a little more depth and go with 15mm. 

10mm thickness, average complexity - £220
15mm thickness, average complexity - £260

10mm thickness, high complexity - £280
15mm thickness, high complexity - £320

Shipping will be depending on location and weight of part, but average - UK - £10, EU - £24, WORLD - £38

Let me know and we are happy to help. 

so yeah not exactly cheap but seeing as who they are i at least trust its quality work that goes into that. plus they are just really friendly when it comes to customer service. just write them and theyll answer...quickly...qith  pictures and illustrations so you understand what they mean...like seriously awesome

1 minute ago, cluelessgenius said:

did i say it was cheap?

dont quote me on this. this may be old numbers. but in a conversation i had with them august 2017 they wrote this in an email to me

so yeah not exactly cheap but seeing as who they are i at least trust its quality work that goes into that. plus they are just really friendly when it comes to customer service. just write them and theyll answer...quickly...qith  pictures and illustrations so you understand what they mean...like seriously awesome

Was just a passing comment on price, wasnt insinuating you thought it would be cheap :)

But holy crap that expensive o.0

They be making a nice profit there.

Well they are a company after all.

If its worth it to you then go for it. I would still sugest you ask around the build log threads in different forums to see if u can find som1 who could make it cheaper.

16 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Was just a passing comment on price, wasnt insinuating you thought it would be cheap :)

If its worth it to you then go for it. I would still sugest you ask around the build log threads in different forums to see if u can find som1 who could make it cheaper.

well that was what this thread was supposed to help with i certainly cant just start going through all the build logs until i find someone who actually uses a distro block just to ask them where they got it. i mean i could sure but i was hoping i didnt have to 

19 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

honestly once you factor in the work of cad planning the whole thing and testing it afterwards plus all the work time you get just brainstorming your idea with them via email its actually not that bad

i just wish they would grow in popularity to be as big as EKWB or partner with someone. that would help production cost and id just like to see them succeed. right now i think they are pretty nische most people dont know they make cases and even less know they makes distro plates

If you are capable of designing the block and drawing a print...

you could send it to a prototyping company like protolabs. I've seen some chinese prototyping services with very low prices, and you might get it down to the $50-100 range plus shipping.

They won't accept a napkin drawing, so unless you are capable of solid modelling (at the very least) you might be SOL

100% RGB FREE