RGB fans but no rgb header?????

bloodskull

hey, so i have a bit of a problem i want to a new case that has RGB fans included but i know that my motherboard does not have a RGB header dose. Anyone now if there is any way to use them with no RGB header i.e adaptor or usb????

the included fans in the corsair Carbide Series SPEC-DELTA RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case

unfortunatley i dont have a 3d printer. but would a corsair red led hub and a corsair lighting node pro do the job???

• 6 months later...

Have you managed to fix this issue? I also am having the same problem of having no rgb led header and am using the same case as you mentioned

On 1/10/2019 at 3:58 PM, bloodskull said:

unfortunatley i dont have a 3d printer. but would a corsair red led hub and a corsair lighting node pro do the job???

The Corsair RGB hub and a Corsair Lighting Node Pro would do the trick.

• 5 months later...

I have the corsair spec delta case and no RGB fan header on my MB.

The solution is to hardwire the 3way RGB connector to molex connector. The fans in question are 12V RGB type.

This means that on the RGB connector if you connect 12V to the pin with the arrow on it, and then a ground wire to one of the other 3 pins you can activate the LEDs.

Each of the 3 pins that takes a ground wire gives you a different colour. So just choose the colour you want and wire it up accordingly.

On the molex connector side the yellow wire is 12V (connect to the pin with the arrow on the RGB connector) and the black wires are grounds so plug the molex black ground wire into one of the 3 other pins to set the colour you want.

The drawback is that you have no control over the RGB lights you set a colour and thats your lot, unless you rewire it.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the post... because of it I was able to get my case light on! I have no RGB header on my Z270-A pro mobo but I have many old computer parts. I took a molex connector I had cut off a fan and married it up with a cut down 5 pin fan cable (a normal 4pin should work?) and it is on... a small safety pin to make the RGB female to male... Thanks Canasta and everyone else.

P1060035.JPG

P1060037.JPG

And... yes... Mine was 12V.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 2.35.47 PM.png