Jensen Huang (Nvidia CEO) Responds to AMD, " it's underwhelming-- We'll crush it"

Deus Voltage
1 hour ago, D13H4RD said:

Given that Lisa and Jensen are related, that's gotta to be some family banter. XD

excuse.jpganyway, That is very funny. Like... What do they do for family traditions like christmas? I think hearing this, theres a lot of questions needed to be asked

Lets all sign a petition for both of them to do a QnA about how they interact with eachother

(It would be their choice though, It would be nice if it could happen)

✨FNIGE✨

2 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

they do for family traditions like christmas? I think hearing this, theres a lot of questions needed to be asked

Huang: *losing an argument to Lisa* "Oh yeah?!?!? WELL....2080ti, so HA!

Huang has always been a bit of a tool. wish he would stop making an fool of himself

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

excuse.jpganyway, That is very funny. Like... What do they do for family traditions like christmas? I think hearing this, theres a lot of questions needed to be asked

Lets all sign a petition for both of them to do a QnA about how they interact with eachother

(It would be their choice though, It would be nice if it could happen)

Here uncle Jensen, I got you a new vega GPU, merry christmas prick.

INcREDIBLE HUANG crush pewny Vega

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

38 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Although some people have no idea what "respected" means, I recently got an argument with someone over HardwareUnboxed, he was claiming that it's one of the most UNRELIABLE benchmarking tech channels because it had different CPU benchmark results than GamersNexus, he didn't notice though that HU tested the games at Ultra settings at 1080p & 1440p to give the viewers a real-life scenario, while GN tested on Low/Medium 720p/1080p to showcase CPU performance difference with an RTX 2080Ti (as unrealistic as this scenario is). Both benchmarks were correct, just done differently with a different goal in mind...

That's a classic misunderstanding of what audience the reviewer is targeting. GN like to focus on technical aspects and finding the reasons behind results at a technical level, HU like to focus on user experience and cover a statistically large as possible sample set to remove game engine and game optimization bias. The aggregated summary and average difference they do is excellent, typical reviews with 5 to 7 games just isn't enough and some people just grab the result of the current game they are playing anyway.

18 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

A HD7970 GHz edition noticeably warms my room up. And it consumes far less power than Vega 56 or 64....so that's a shitload of heat getting dumped into the case and from there the room the rig is located in if you're using Vega. Power consumption is an important aspect for at the very least having a room that isn't going to become a desert or sauna.

Sounds like an Australia problem to me, move to NZ ?

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I would, but you got them funny little creatures, they are your national emblem, all hairy and live close to the ground, youknow  hobbits that's them...   scary bastards.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I would, but you got them funny little creatures, they are your national emblem, all hairy and live close to the ground, youknow  hobbits that's them...   scary bastards.

I just call them New Zealanders.

After sleeping on it, i kinda think this gpu might become old-school enthusiasts wet dream if it has as much as vega to get out in terms of performance with a bit of tinkering. Wont be surprised to see it neck in neck with 2080ti in something like april, maybe even at a lower/sameish power, considering 7nm vs 12nm

By the by, how much for a small house in NZ?) Always wanted a vacation home there

Not gonna lie but AMD this time did play themselves... Putting out a card that (at best) goes on par with a 2080 without RTX or other goodies but with the same price tag is not the wisest move. The graphs Su presented was underwhelming at best. 2 of the 4k graphs are at 1 frame better than 2080 shows that Radeon 7 really isn't better than 2080 tbh or else they'd put graphs that beat the crap out of Nvidia there...

I guess I was hoping AMD will come out and save poor guys like myself with a better mid-range card... Nvidia definitely didn't. A $350 price tag hardly qualifies the "mid-range" tag imo.

7 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

What do they do for family traditions like christmas?

Technically speaking, they're more like distant relatives. Su's grandfather is Huang's uncle. (Source with source vid in it) I doubt they actually talk to each other in family business lol.

Just now, leadeater said:

do all new zealanders run around with rings trying put them in volcanoes?  And what happened to all the sheep when they shot that, why wasn't Russel crow invited to be a guest gladiator during the final battle.  He would have beheaded a nazgul quick as you like. 

29 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

A HD7970 GHz edition noticeably warms my room up. And it consumes far less power than Vega 56 or 64....so that's a shitload of heat getting dumped into the case and from there the room the rig is located in if you're using Vega. Power consumption is an important aspect for at the very least having a room that isn't going to become a desert or sauna.

Get a case that doesn't suck at airflow. Also, my 5820K and GTX 1080Ti also heat up a room quite a lot...

“We never competed,” Huang said of upcoming FreeSync support. “(FreeSync) was never proven to work. As you know, we invented the area of adaptive sync. The truth is most of the FreeSync monitors do not work. They do not even work with AMD’s graphics cards.” 

any proof of the fact that they don't work on AMD GPUs?

also from CES videos it seems more like Nvidia has issues to make freesync working in their drivers - that flicker where it literally shows black screen every couple of frames  is definitely something they could patch

2 minutes ago, hobobobo said:

By the by, how much for a small house in NZ?) Always wanted a vacation home there

Greatly depends where, outside of the 3-4 main cities (the well known ones) $350k-400k NZD. Inside those larger one $550k-750k NZD, with Auckland being on the higher end to $1mil+ NZD.

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

do all new zealanders run around with rings trying put them in volcanoes?  And what happened to all the sheep when they shot that, why wasn't Russel crow invited to be a guest gladiator during the final battle.  He would have beheaded a nazgul quick as you like. 

He was locked up in the drunk tank at the time. If we let him out it would have just turned in to friendly fire with flying phones.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

He was locked up in the drunk tank at the time. If we let him out it would have just turned in to friendly fire with flying phones.

I don't think the phone actually flew, I think he kept hold of it like a bat.  Anyway, I've seen in his Kitchen drawers, he has a collection of phones for tenderizing meat before he cooks it.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Greatly depends where, outside of the 3-4 main cities (the well known ones) $350k-400k NZD. Inside those larger one $550k-750k NZD, with Auckland being on the higher end to $1mil+ NZD.

I always imagined NZ as a calm, tranquile place so those out of the city prices sound decent, more or less like where im from, mb a bit cheaper. Hope the traffic is also better. Thx)

Just now, hobobobo said:

I always imagined NZ as a calm, tranquile place so those out of the city prices sound decent, more or less like where im from, mb a bit cheaper. Hope the traffic is also better. Thx)

go to tassie,

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-tas-primrose+sands-130099206

1 minute ago, hobobobo said:

If you want out of the way then you can go to the really small towns and only pay $100k-200k NZD, or get a large lifestyle block for not much more but you'd have to maintain a rather large section of land.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

If you want out of the way then you can go to the really small towns and only pay $100k-200k NZD, or get a large lifestyle block for not much more but you'd have to maintain a rather large section of land.

I guess by the time i pull the trigger Amazon will have NZ covered by sameday drone delivery and lifestyle block starts to sound pretty damn sweet

1 minute ago, hobobobo said:

I guess by the time i pull the trigger Amazon will have NZ covered by sameday drone delivery and lifestyle block starts to sound pretty damn sweet

Everything here is so damn close anyway, going out of town is only 15-20 minutes and you can be in full country side. I live in a town of about 15,000 and it's about 15 minutes away from a city of about 90,000 which is where I work. Walking out my door to walking in to the door at work is roughly 30 minutes.

12 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Everything here is so damn close anyway, going out of town is only 15-20 minutes and you can be in full country side. I live in a town of about 15,000 and it's about 15 minutes away from a city of about 90,000 which is where I work. Walking out my door to walking in to the door at work is roughly 30 minutes.

I have a bit warped perspective on the concepts of close and far, a privilige of being Russian, lol

goddamn, i will seriously look into getting a mortgage or a loan and just renting the place out for the time being, NZ is gonna be the shit the more globalized every day life gets

Oh, and on another note, is there an ETA on fast cheap internet in NZ? Gbit for usd100 a year currently makes me very happy

Christ. "AI and ray tracing". Both are memes at this point. What kind of argument is that? One has dubious uses and the other tanks performance. And AMD conveniently also has plenty instructions for AI workloads.

And I guess Nvidia tries to pull an Apple with the claim of inventing VRR. It existed in mobile before Nvidia decided to pick it up and make it a gaming feature. It didn't just appear out of nowhere.

The rest is pretty bad and ridiculous for a CEO. It's something you'd expect of a lower level marketing rep in response to a question about a competing product only to be demoted the following day after getting chewed out by his boss.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

I can confirm, on hot summer days, I have to go into the BIOS and set all fans to turbo, my room doesn't have great ventilation and heat builds up quickly.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Hey-oh, this is a prime leadeater ladies and gentlemen.

1 hour ago, hobobobo said:

After sleeping on it, i kinda think this gpu might become old-school enthusiasts wet dream if it has as much as vega to get out in terms of performance with a bit of tinkering. Wont be surprised to see it neck in neck with 2080ti in something like april, maybe even at a lower/sameish power, considering 7nm vs 12nm

New Node. The high-end Overclockers are going to eat up this part. Not that it really the purpose of the product, but it's going to be a "thing" for a while.

14 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

And I guess Nvidia tries to pull an Apple with the claim of inventing VRR. It existed in mobile before Nvidia decided to pick it up and make it a gaming feature. It didn't just appear out of nowhere.

Well AMD also proposed it first and went through the official VESA standards application process, Nvidia just side stepped that to also claim 'first place'.