AnotherTechGuy

Does and Orbweaver count as its just macros?

Mainly just use my buttons on my mouse. But I use the marcos on my keyboard to open up applications like chrome, skype, or itunes. Actually more useful then you would think.

Motherboard- P8Z77V-LK CPU- i5 3570K @4.3 RAM- 8gb of Corsair Vengence GPU- MSI 660ti Power Edition PSU- CX750M SSD- Samsung 840t HDD- 1tb of WD Black Case- Modded Bitfenix Shinobi Cooling- H80i and Bitfenix Spectre fans and Bitfenix LED fans

The only game that I use "macro" like functions is in Counter-Strike where I have my numpad binded to buy weapons. But dedicated macro keys ontop of a numpad would be overkill for me. 

I use macro keys for skills in mmo games, but I prefer to do all the button mashing myself and not use macros.

ever played diablo 3? its extremely hard to button mash as with some characters you literally sit there for about 5 mins doing the same 5-6 buttons to kill hard mobs lol, macro keys make it alot easier for me :)

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

I use the side buttons om my M60 all the time. I have bound them to 1, 2 and 3 on my keyboard, which allows me to switch weapons on the fly without having to stop moving. Very convenient. On my keyboard, however, I never use any (Ducky Shine 3).

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I bought corsair k90 to replace my gen1 logitech G15 mostly because it was hard not to have those macro keys. I use macro keys for all kinds of stuff, but when it comes to gaming I use macros when I play MMORPG games. In fps games I don't.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

The closest thing to macros I use, is that I bound my 12 buttons on my Naga 2014 to the num pad keys. I use those keys all the time for games like WoW and Dota.

However, I never have, nor will I ever, use macro keys on keyboards. I usually have the WASD position with my left hand, and moving away from that position is inconvenient to me when I game.

I personally got rid of all of the macro keys and ` key on my blackwidow because they got in the way when I play starcraft. 

I only use them for shortcuts, like muting my mic in Skype or other stuff.

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

I used to use them once in a while on my previous macro-capable keyboard because it seemed cool and I was interested in giving it a try. That said I figured I don't use them enough when I got myself a keyboard upgrade so I switched to a model without the dedicated macro keys and haven't looked back.

One thing to note, I've actually seen several games and whatnot that actually says in their official rules that any (3rd party) macros are not allowed. Many reason this by saying it's an unfair advantage if you can do several interactions with a single click of the mouse (for example doing a large combo chain or whatnot in an MMO of choice by just clicking a button).

I do still see their usefulness in some occasions, for example in Photoshop or other such keyboard shortcut-heavy programs. What I simply do though is I read through the entire list of keyboard shortcuts, maybe edit a few (if allowed inside the program) and then simply memorize it.

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

They seem a little bit unnecessary, but I play games the literally don't need them. Come to think of it, they would be useful if I were playing an MMO like DOTA 2

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

Even though I own a G510 with enough macro keys for whatever you might imagine as they can change depending on the game you are in (all in all 54 Macros per game) I don't use them ingame almost at all.

What I use them for is changing the backlight. So basically I have set my G1 - G15 keys for shifting the colors (in summary from red to pink) and my G16 - G18 keys for a constant fade in different speeds! ^^

I think that it's pointless because games made to not use macros at all... also dota 2 communties HATE the use of macros if using say invoker or meepo

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

The only problem i have with macro keys is the fact that they are just to far away from the main keys while in game.

I use all the time my macros for passwords and other stuff that i type often. I also use macros for gaming but not often, but when i do, i find them extremely usefull!
(I had a Logitech G15 v2 and now i am using Corsair's K95)

ever played diablo 3? its extremely hard to button mash as with some characters you literally sit there for about 5 mins doing the same 5-6 buttons to kill hard mobs lol, macro keys make it alot easier for me :)

I've never needed a macro in Diablo 3, I feel that actual macros make the classes boring because it takes away all the skill needed to play them, in any mmo style game.

The macro keys are great for binding skills though, I prefer the keys to be on the left. That way I can use more skills or items faster.

Right now I use the 1-6 buttons plus all of the buttons on my Mamba and I Use them all with shift too, because my deathstalker doesn't have macro keys. I hate having to use shift while playing.

I think macro keys are not so useless how many people think!

I often use macro keys between playing LOL or (my favourite game) Borderlands 2.

I had a Logitech G15 for awhile in highschool and I used them for inane things like activating my mount in WoW, and occasionally binding lyrics to St. Anger to spam in chat, but other than that, they're just so unnatural feeling. I currently use a Ducky Shine 2 which doesn't have additional keys (for the most part..) and don't miss them at all. I selected "Yes - not often" but really it's "Not anymore".

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

*snip*

One thing to note, I've actually seen several games and whatnot that actually says in their official rules that any (3rd party) macros are not allowed. Many reason this by saying it's an unfair advantage if you can do several interactions with a single click of the mouse (for example doing a large combo chain or whatnot in an MMO of choice by just clicking a button).

*snip*

its not usually games but tournaments for games. Either way most of my macros are just remaps with maybe a modifier here and there. MMO's like WoW and the such are really the only games that ive seen where true macro's come in handy. I do however use a bunch of different macro's in windows. Also the whole thing with that sort of stuff started when widescreen monitors came out I believe it was BF2 where they decided a widescreen monitor was advantageous and at the time very few people had one so you could either have fullscreen stretched and see the same just stretched or the would letterbox it and lop the top and bottom off. I personally think it fine and there are a few games out there now accepting it. Play what ever why your most comfortable.

I like my orbweaver in my left hand and something like a G700s or G602 in my right that way I can map commands to were theyre most comfortable for me. There are also certain games that I feel way more comfortable playing with a controller and others where they feel like they would be so much better with a keyboard and mouse or equivalent. For the most part for its the mouse for aiming/pointing but I still prefer a joystick for moving so I dont have to dedicate 3 fingers to one task which just your thumb can easily handle. This is why I have the orbweaver but I feel the same about my right thumb as well which is why I prefer to have something with more than two buttons. I have a G600 and a Naga 2014 as well but for the games I play and probably the fact that I also have the orbweaver its just more buttons than I need in one place.

its not usually games but tournaments for games. Either way most of my macros are just remaps with maybe a modifier here and there. MMO's like WoW and the such are really the only games that ive seen where true macro's come in handy. I do however use a bunch of different macro's in windows. Also the whole thing with that sort of stuff started when widescreen monitors came out I believe it was BF2 where they decided a widescreen monitor was advantageous and at the time very few people had one so you could either have fullscreen stretched and see the same just stretched or the would letterbox it and lop the top and bottom off. I personally think it fine and there are a few games out there now accepting it. Play what ever why your most comfortable.

I like my orbweaver in my left hand and something like a G700s or G602 in my right that way I can map commands to were theyre most comfortable for me. There are also certain games that I feel way more comfortable playing with a controller and others where they feel like they would be so much better with a keyboard and mouse or equivalent. For the most part for its the mouse for aiming/pointing but I still prefer a joystick for moving so I dont have to dedicate 3 fingers to one task which just your thumb can easily handle. This is why I have the orbweaver but I feel the same about my right thumb as well which is why I prefer to have something with more than two buttons. I have a G600 and a Naga 2014 as well but for the games I play and probably the fact that I also have the orbweaver its just more buttons than I need in one place.

I suppose. Although I do know I've seen several games back when I used to play more MMO that stated that you may be banned for excessive usage of macros or if you're caught macroing. I've also seen some where they've compared macros to bots and don't allow either of those.

I've also been on a few Minecraft servers that's had anti-macro plugins to prevent spamming or cheap "1-button-to-teleport-away-before-you-die" or other similar things. Some anti-botting/cheating systems also might pick up macros as potential cheating tools since the input pattern and delay often is identical with most macro features.

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

I suppose. Although I do know I've seen several games back when I used to play more MMO that stated that you may be banned for excessive usage of macros or if you're caught macroing. I've also seen some where they've compared macros to bots and don't allow either of those.

I've also been on a few Minecraft servers that's had anti-macro plugins to prevent spamming or cheap "1-button-to-teleport-away-before-you-die" or other similar things. Some anti-botting/cheating systems also might pick up macros as potential cheating tools since the input pattern and delay often is identical with most macro features.

Well a macro is a string of commands stored and then activated with single press. So I guess it really depends on the macro and what its all doing. I also dont see large one being od any use in anything competitive since it can be unpredictable if yo know what I mean. It also depends on what the game classifies as macro because going way back even a remap was or even like a modifier plus a key would have been while in reality that not a macro.

If i had macros i would use 2 of 'em for Ctrl+C and for Ctrl+V

If i had macros i would use 2 of 'em for Ctrl+C and for Ctrl+V

Tried that but they are so engraved in my muscle memory it slows me down. I do however have one for Ctrl+Shift+N which is new folder.

I have used them in a couple of scenarios. In payday 2 when my friend is stealthing and I'm manning cameras I just macroed a left click every second. Also in op flashpoint red river. Mainly because it was three keystrokes to issue a command and it saved a lot of time