AnotherTechGuy

I guess it's not exactly for gaming, but I usually use macros to launch recording programs or streaming software. I guess, strictly speaking, I don't use my macros directly for gaming, but I do use the when I am gaming, if that means anything.

EDIT: I use macros a ton on my mouse, the ones I use the most being a DPI toggle (between 600 and 1500) and a switcher that goes between five levels -- from 400 to 8200 -- of sensitivity. And then I have numerous other things set on my mouse. BOY, do I love the Naga 2014

CPUIntel i7 4770k @3.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 | GPU: eVGA GTX 780 SC w/Titan Cooler | Storage: 2x Corsair Force 3 120GB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB 3.5" HDD | RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600, 2x4GB Kingston Blu Red DDR3-1600 | PSU: Corsair GS600 80+ Bronze | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Displays: BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz, Dell SR2220L 21.5", LG E2241 21.5" | Keyboard: AZiO Levetron Mech5 MX Blacks | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Samson C01U USB Condenser, RØDE PSA1 Scissor Boom, Akai MPK25 MIDI Controller | Phone: Google Nexus 5 16GB 4.4.2 | Desk: IKEA LINNMON+ADILS | Guitars: Teisco VN-4, Teisco EP93-T

I use them on my razer naga a lot while gaming but not on my keyboard. It's sometimes faster switching items in games with the naga macro or alt f4 binding in PoE. Oh and once it came useful when needing to pass a test online in college for words per minute got it up to 170 /m with a macro to look a little realistic, could have gone a lot higher.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @4200 | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600 | GPU: Evga GTX 660 TI x2 SLI | Case: Corsair C70 | Storage: WD Black 1TB, Samsung 830 126GB SSD, Kingston V300 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX850 | Display(s): ASUS 2ms 24inch 1920x1080 | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 13 | Mouse: Razer Naga 13 

I use them in general for push to talk and media keys where i don't need to hit FN.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I use a few for Skyrim console commands, I have a macro that replaces the targets armor with a bikini ;)

The only macros i tend to use in game are used to chat fast, when playing with pubs. Mainly in league: macros to call the lane i want and macros to call missing. saves on typing

My Setup:

CPU: I7-3930k @ 4.5GHz | Cooling: Corsair H100 in PP /w NF-F12 | MOBO: Asus P9X79 WS LGA 2011 | RAM  32 GB Mushkin Redline @  2133  | GPU:  (2) Sapphire 7970 GHz 6G edition | Case:  NZXT Switch 810 | Storage: Raid 0: Mushkin ssd total 480 GB | PSU: XFX ProSeries 1250W

Displays: (3) Acer GD235HZbid (120 hz) with a Ergotech Triple Monitor ArmStand /w telescoping wings | Keyboard: Xarmor black backlight mechanical with cherry blues | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD  | Sound: Logitech 5.1 Z-5500 and Astro A-40's

The only macro that I actually use, is the G12 key next to my capslock/tab button, which gives me a rebind for my right control button, which I use for teamspeak. Beyond that, almost never used any of them.

Inside: 3570k@4.2, H100i with  NF-F12 Fans, AX760, GTX660 Z77 MPower,

Outside: Corsair 500R, M95, G15v1, Solo7C speakers.

I do but usually only in Empire Earth because it makes researching and epochs so much easier to get through.

I have a Corsair Vengeance K95 but I never have used the macro keys. So that was pointless of them to implement. Glad they got rid of them in the Cherry MX RGB keyboard.

I use ONE macro key! on the side of my mouse for meley attack in a couple of games :P

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

I use the ones on my mouse a fair bit.

Just in windows I have Open Chrome, Open Incognito Tab, Set Monitors to Portrait, Set Monitors to Landscape, Snap Left and Snap Right (Like snapping windows).

I like that they can shorten my most used things.

In games, I usually just use them rebinded. Stick knife under my thumb, reload just behind, swap to previous weapon infront, grenade infront.

Or stuff like Torchlight 2 to open up inventory, menus and such.

Incognito mode...?? ;)

Your secret is safe with us  :ph34r:

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I might use them, but They make keyboards unnecessarily large and they don't fit anywhere but on a desktop -->  where I put my papers.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I have the Corsair K95 and I use them all the time. I have them set for console commands so I don't have to remember them all the time but I can remember one button. I mostly use them in World of Warcraft and other MMOs. I tend to use a lot of addons and most of them require a command to bring them up. For example when I play WoW I have: /omen toggle, /recount toggle, and /al. Instead of having to type those in every time. I have /target macros on some raid boss fights and/or in pvp. Also, I have commands to bring things up menus or use abilities so they don't have to take up already full action bar slot, for example: /cast fishing and /cast survey. I also have some to start logs. It's also really useful to have a macro for putting skulls on mobs heads so the "BAD" players know who to attack instead of going through a drop down menu. When they released Look for raid I had a macro set to type in chat the strategy intend of typing it over and over each time. When I use to multibox World of Warcraft I needed them a lot. If one of my characters need healing, I hit a macro key and all them would heal they one player. All the characters had macro keys set up to heal or assist each member of my team. Also buttons from accepting question, inviting to groups, resurrections, trading, and many more. 

I find lots of uses for them all the time in programs and games. I find it easier to remember a G key then alt, ctrl or shift commands where in games I already have lots of those.

I don't use them in FPS games, RTS or RP games. I think it depends on you and what games you play. I see it has one of those things, I would rather have them there for when I need them then to not have them at all.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

you can use autohotkey to achieve anything a macro key could achieve and more. my keyboard doesnt have macro keys but i have a few autohotkey commands programmed into key combinations. alt+c brings up the calculator, alt+p brings up msPaint, alt+n brings up notepad, alt+f9 types out my email address for signing up to websites that dont let me autofill the registration form. 
its very handy, have never never used them for gaming though. dont see why you would want to waste desk-space for a larger keyboard with 10 or more redundant keys.

The G-keys in my logitech g390 wireless headset are fantastic though. play/pause, track forward/back, ventrillo push to talk and skype "answer call" are all super useful things to have acess to while walking around the house.

Personally I find macros far more useful on a mouse but keyboard macros for gaming do have their place. If you are playing a lot of MMO or RTS games then a macro capable keyboard may be useful although it depends on how invested you are into gaming (I used macros a bunch when I played WoW, Rift, STO, supreme commander 2, sc2, and the like).

I voted no but do extra mouse buttons count? I use my mouse buttons for push-to-talk mostly but I guess that counts if mouse buttons count as macro keys.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

k50_g-keys_2.png

Using G18 for MSI Afterburners Video Capture (32bit)

Using G15 for DXtory's Video Capture (64bit)

Using G1 to Open an Explorer window, G2 to close it

Using G3 to open a 3rd party "Restart/Shutdown" dialog. (Which I know is the MOST lazy thing ever)

Using others for most used programs so I can clean the desktop of Icons, and not have to go looking in the Start menu.

Memorizing their order, is the challenge, may make some labelled tabs to put over the keys...

I could Map Applications,... like Origin/Steam/Game Exe's to any of them,... there are uses, you just have to adapt to how you think you'll make it easier to do things...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Never did have any use for Macros, and never plan to use them as well.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

On a keyboard no, but I do use my mouse buttons, but technically doesnt a macro consist of 2 or more keys to be triggered by 1 button? In that case, no I do not use macros

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Really I believe this appeals to certain types of gamer's. If you are a FPS gamer you may have macro's to pull out the guns you want. On my Razer Naga 1-4 I want to say pull out items that you may use. In a mmo I use the buttons on my naga all the time and I have a g710+ for my  keyboard in which at times I would use the Gamer Macro keys. macro keys can be quite useful. Something that is very subjective you either desire to use them or don't but they can be quite helpful and very nice to have. 

On a keyboard no, but I do use my mouse buttons, but technically doesnt a macro consist of 2 or more keys to be triggered by 1 button? In that case, no I do not use macros

Although its most commonly known to be that way.

I'd say a macro the ability to program a key to another location. Not the amount of presses or multiple keys being the definition.

Repetitive motions that games sometimes use.. (In-Game shop repeated purchases)

Hit E, Then Enter, with a repeat function.

Instead of using your two fingers and mashing repeatedly.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

When I use to play mmorpgs I would but dont play those games anymore. 

I have f5 as a macro on my mouse for refreshing webpages, it also functions pretty good as a Skyrim quicksave, I don't use macro's other than that

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop