2019. What's yours going to be like?

dizmo
15 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I like working out at home more, less social interaction ;)

yah i just dont find much time for working out so i have been paying for the gym card without being there more than once in 6 months now -_- 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Except if they play Fortnite. 

I'm not your friend :(

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah i just dont find much time for working out so i have been paying for the gym card without being there more than once in 6 months now -_- 

Gotta schedule it ;)

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Thats a bad attitude, I always like to find the best in people, its always there somewhere. Except if they play Fortnite. 

I'm introverted by nature, I don't like being around most people.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

So far, so good.

20190114_171135.thumb.jpg.c89dd7fdfc3592baa8c0e10c1382f7c2.jpg

Spoiler

20190110_054143.thumb.jpg.48d9a470625818e4981c31e17674982c.jpg

Shit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Getting a job in my field, an apartment (again), getting back into exercising, start paying off student loans.  Hope it works out!

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

Pass Industrial Mathematics

Obtain grants for

Enroll in commercial pilot program

Earn enough money to fix up my vehicles and build a new pc

Suck less

Stop yankin' it so much (for real...I have a lot of problems...please judge silently)

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

Ahhh gotcha! That'll be a nice little project.

Normally I'd go for "As Long As It Works" but This project I'm going to try and make it look nice.

Another short term goal is to replace the electrical outlet I have my setup plugged into, for the 5th time. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

So far, so good.

Spoiler

20190114_171135.thumb.jpg.c89dd7fdfc3592baa8c0e10c1382f7c2.jpg

Hide contents

Shit.

Is that a coffee mug with a carabiner for a handle. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Just now, Tog Driver said:

Is that a coffee mug with a carabiner for a handle. . .

Yup.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Yup.

That's really cool. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

New year means new depression and anxiety to me. 

Gonna be broke as hell. 

On 1/14/2019 at 12:18 AM, dizmo said:

Where's your vacay leading you? I want to take one too...but mine will also be me trying to (finally) clear out my storage locker.

For the love of God (and your back), don't get a cheap gaming chair :P

So far I'm thinking somewhere close to home and is cheap. ? Maybe a weekend at a hotel by the mountains or something, but then I'd miss my PC. Hotel WiFi is horrid, haha. ? I would looooove to go on a cruise, but financially I'm not sure if I can afford (even a discounted) cruise this year. I hear you about storage lockers, I was thankful when my boyfriend and I were able to move into a house and have all our stuff in one place. Do you have any gaming chair brands you'd recommend? Preferably something I can get here in Canada. ? 

On 1/18/2019 at 1:44 PM, dizmo said:

Nice nice. One of my friends went from EMT -> Paramedic -> ER nurse, and now she does at home respiratory care. She loves it. Found the ER to be much too stressful, especially when doctors would ignore nurses recommendations and it results in deaths. Good money though.

Haha, ahhh then it'll be hard to pull him away. I bought an Xbox just to play games with a few friends ?

I've heard a lot of horror stories about working in the ED, so it'll be definitely interesting to try out even if it's just for a little bit.

You either love ED or you hate it, so there's only one way to find out. ?

That's awesome she loves that; I can imagine it's a lot more 'rewarding,' I guess you could say? And nowhere near as stressful.

I have an Xbox as well, which I do thoroughly enjoy, but PC is my home.

I did show him GTA and Forza on PC, and he was shocked and amazed at how beautiful they are compared to console; it's a different experience, for sure. ?

Bought an i5, got an i7. Thanks Amazon.

Spoiler

Specs:

CPU: i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB | RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600 MHz | Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper | HDD: Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | PSU: EVGA 750P2 80+ | Monitor: Acer 21.5" 1080p & Samsung 27" Curved 1080p | Keyboard & Mouse: Cooler Master Storm Octane Combo | Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech Z313 | OS: Windows 10 Home

My goals for the year:

1. Weight loss. I want to get back to the weight I was when I started 2015.

2. Keep spending to a minimum, increase my usual savings each month until I hit my goal of $10k, after that open investment account.

3. Push myself harder at work to move into a new position, if achieved #2 becomes very easy.

4. Actually take a vacation, road trip across the country, put some miles on that Truck I bought.

1. Become the first driver in my racing team again (back to reserve driver after I moved to Australia, used to be the second driver).
  2. Fix my car (it's too unreliable, but I know the causes) and the mod it again (my dream is to engine swap it).
  3. Finish college.
  4. Do parkour again.
  5. Study harder.
  6. Gain weight.
  7. Manage my money more effectively.
  8. Visit my mates in New Zealand OR visit Japan (Yokohama ? or Akihabara ?)

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

On 1/18/2019 at 11:47 AM, Crunchy Dragon said:

My test drive of the new schedule I'm trying to keep concludes tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'll make any necessary changes and keep on trial-and-error-ing my way to success :D

So far it's been going really well, so that's a good sign. I get to fit in workouts, various studies, Bible reading, A+ studying, and guitar learning in one day.

Not bad! Is work included in that as well, or just student stuff?

I found it interesting that the Pope basically said there is no hell ?

On 1/18/2019 at 11:54 AM, pipnina said:

I don't think the start of my 2019 is going to be great... Failing the final year of my Computing degree (though, as an uptick I will still have the first two years saved in the form of a foundation degree so I still have higher education).

Goals... Well I suppose in coming months I want/need to get my first job. Through which I suppose I'd want to achieve a second goal of buying a proper astrocam CCD, but those are stupid expensive.

I'd also set a goal to start learning to drive, but give how expensive lessons and insurance are, maybe not. My friend got charged £1000+ for his first year, and he drives a sub-1L Citroen C1. The insurance cost more than his car. Owch. That was with a blackbox as well, which apparently the insurance company dicked him around with too.

Also I suppose I don't want to get hurt too much by March 29th.

Only one way to stop from failing, try harder! You'll get there. Just put your nose to the grindstone.

Haha, yeah driving is expensive. Honestly, if you live somewhere that has adequate public transport, I wouldn't even bother. Depending on how old you are, self driving vehicles might be more inline with what's in your future anyway.

What's March 29th?

On 1/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

I like working out at home more, less social interaction ;)

Truth. I don't know how to use most of the equipment in a gym, and I don't want people watching me while I fail horribly.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:04 PM, Drak3 said:

So far, so good.

Reveal hidden contents

Shit.

Haha, I love the color of the AR. Not something I'd probably own, since IIRC the AR platform is restricted in Canada and thus a real PITA to transport.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, Java said:

Getting a job in my field, an apartment (again), getting back into exercising, start paying off student loans.  Hope it works out!

Get on those student loans..my buddy still owes tens of thousands of dollars in student debt. Not because he struggles to pay them off, but because he procrastinates, and only puts the minimum amount down. We calculated it and he's paid about $22,000 just in interest...nothing towards the principle. He could have almost paid off the whole thing if he wasn't sitting on his ass about it.

What field are you hoping to go into?

Finally going to crawl back out of the parents basement? ;)

On 1/18/2019 at 5:23 PM, TempestCatto said:

Pass Industrial Mathematics

Obtain grants for

Enroll in commercial pilot program

Earn enough money to fix up my vehicles and build a new pc

Suck less

Stop yankin' it so much (for real...I have a lot of problems...please judge silently)

Oh man, everything I've seen and read about pilots in the US is absolutely horrible. Hopefully you're in another country!

What kind of PC are you hoping to build up? I find buying used parts so much more thrilling than getting new.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, Tog Driver said:

Normally I'd go for "As Long As It Works" but This project I'm going to try and make it look nice.

Another short term goal is to replace the electrical outlet I have my setup plugged into, for the 5th time. . .

Haha, I'd maybe look at the root of the problem instead of just replacing the outlet...

Doesn't exactly sound too safe ?

On 1/18/2019 at 9:39 PM, Subway said:

New year means new depression and anxiety to me. 

Gonna be broke as hell.

Why?

A bleak outlook will net bleak results. You only get out of life what you're willing to put in.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:20 PM, Zannah said:

So far I'm thinking somewhere close to home and is cheap. ? Maybe a weekend at a hotel by the mountains or something, but then I'd miss my PC. Hotel WiFi is horrid, haha. ? I would looooove to go on a cruise, but financially I'm not sure if I can afford (even a discounted) cruise this year. I hear you about storage lockers, I was thankful when my boyfriend and I were able to move into a house and have all our stuff in one place. Do you have any gaming chair brands you'd recommend? Preferably something I can get here in Canada. ? 

LOL oh no. You're that attached? I wouldn't mind leaving my PC behind for a good while. I've never really understood cruises. I hate the thought of being cooped up in a space like that. Maybe because I took a lot of ferries as a kid to visit my aunt, and it was the most boring time of my life!

I wouldn't recommend a gaming chair at all. Though if you have to go with one, check out the Vertagear Triigger series. It's closer to an ergonomic chair. Though, really, with a little looking you should be able to snag killer deals on Herman Miller open box stuff. It pops up on eBay from time to time for around $300/chair.

On 1/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, Embroysia said:

I've heard a lot of horror stories about working in the ED, so it'll be definitely interesting to try out even if it's just for a little bit.

You either love ED or you hate it, so there's only one way to find out. ?

That's awesome she loves that; I can imagine it's a lot more 'rewarding,' I guess you could say? And nowhere near as stressful.

I have an Xbox as well, which I do thoroughly enjoy, but PC is my home.

I did show him GTA and Forza on PC, and he was shocked and amazed at how beautiful they are compared to console; it's a different experience, for sure. ?

Yeah, plus she gets way more time to spend with her budding family. It's a win win for her, really.

Haha, the one thing I'll give console is you'll always get a consistent experience. You don't really get that with PC, where you have to play around with settings on some titles to get the same experience.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, Chett_Manly said:

My goals for the year:

1. Weight loss. I want to get back to the weight I was when I started 2015.

2. Keep spending to a minimum, increase my usual savings each month until I hit my goal of $10k, after that open investment account.

3. Push myself harder at work to move into a new position, if achieved #2 becomes very easy.

4. Actually take a vacation, road trip across the country, put some miles on that Truck I bought.

How much weight do you have to lose? Did you gain fat, or muscle and now you're looking at the scale freaking out? :P

Haha, I feel ya on the spending. I really need to cut down on the McDonald's. It's an easy $300/month saved.

Go to some state fairs! If you live in the US. I've always wanted to go. The food looks amaaaazing.

Plus, cuties.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:12 AM, DimasRMDO said:
  1. Become the first driver in my racing team again (back to reserve driver after I moved to Australia, used to be the second driver).
  2. Fix my car (it's too unreliable, but I know the causes) and the mod it again (my dream is to engine swap it).
  3. Finish college.
  4. Do parkour again.
  5. Study harder.
  6. Gain weight.
  7. Manage my money more effectively.
  8. Visit my mates in New Zealand OR visit Japan (Yokohama ? or Akihabara ?)

Nice, what car do you have and what are you hoping to swap into it?

Hmm...I'd say Japan. Though New Zealand is amazing, and I'd absolutely drop everything to live there if it was easy.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Oh man, everything I've seen and read about pilots in the US is absolutely horrible. Hopefully you're in another country!

What kind of PC are you hoping to build up? I find buying used parts so much more thrilling than getting new.

I'm in the US. I haven't read up on anything like that, but I doubt it will deter me. Tis a dream I've had since I were a wee lad.

At this point, a Ryzen 3 and either Vega VII or 2080ti.

35 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Only one way to stop from failing, try harder! You'll get there. Just put your nose to the grindstone.

Haha, yeah driving is expensive. Honestly, if you live somewhere that has adequate public transport, I wouldn't even bother. Depending on how old you are, self driving vehicles might be more inline with what's in your future anyway.

What's March 29th?

Sadly, my city has one of the worst public transport in the country. A year ticket (at student prices) is £630, which only covers one bus company and even the best bus routes are only once every 10 minutes, some are one every 20, or 40 or even hour. After a couple of years the car becomes cheaper as insurance goes down with experience and age, it's just starting out that's expensive...

March 29th is "Brexit day"

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

Haha, I'd maybe look at the root of the problem instead of just replacing the outlet...

Doesn't exactly sound too safe ?

Oh, it had some special built in surge protector and would trip from the smallest power fluctuation, so my Computer would switch of randomly if there's any kind of weird weather going on, I got it replaced now, seems to be working, just need to wait for more weird weather to see if it works. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

@dizmo I am broke as fuck. Shit life because my life doesn't go the way I want, you know? Like I want a peaceful day, but not until someone has to ruin it. It is hard to find a freaking job in FL here because it is poor af. I applied 5 different places and none of them call me. I am in college right now, so mother fucking college debt is about to hit me hard. I hate getting into debt, you know? That shit will haunt you if you don't deal with it. I ain't taking big ass college debt if I can't find a job now to pay it very quick. 

I made a news years resolution a while back not to make new years resolutions or set goals, but considering the fact that I could be doing better in school, I should be. Pretty much I just need to pick up my pace, especially since this year in high school for me is pretty important for my overall GPA.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

11 hours ago, dizmo said:

Nice, what car do you have and what are you hoping to swap into it?

Hmm...I'd say Japan. Though New Zealand is amazing, and I'd absolutely drop everything to live there if it was easy.

RX-8, hoping to swap to an i4 or i6 to it (SR20DET or 1JZ) but if I'm still crazy I'll swap for another rotary again (13B-REW or 20B).

I still don't have the money for it, so I'll just mod the cooling system for now.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

On 1/13/2019 at 11:21 PM, LukeSavenije said:

yeah... long story short i have fast metabolism... so another 5 kg wouldn't be a problem for me...

You too? My parents get on me to run for my school.

I think I weigh like 115 pounds or around 50 kg

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

6 minutes ago, mxk. said:

You too? My parents get on me to run for my school.

I think I weigh like 115 pounds or around 50 kg

yep, but I'm on those small 300 cal bottles already with normal food. I'm around 65 kg right now...

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

yep, but I'm on those small 300 cal bottles already with normal food. I'm around 65 kg right now...

You're tall I assume? You weigh like 50 more pounds than me.

I got unlucky with my dad's genes and the Filipino in me has cursed me with being short for my life, and now I've just grown 7 inches since the last 2ish years.

My dad didn't stop growing until he was at his college.   

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

>Less caffeine by switching to tea (and occasional milk tea)

>Less snacks during weekend gaming

>Focus more on my game dev stuff

>Stop being jaded lol

Save enough monies by December for a Vega/Navi or a 2060 because my bro keeps telling me to go green, though I've always been happy with red.