case fans not getting recognized in the bios or other software that lets you customize fan speeds

Bryan2375

So I am trying to mess around with the speeds of my fans to get some better temps but when ever I look into the bios or a different software that lets me tinker with the fans , the three case fans I have don’t show up , it only displays my cpu fan and rear fan . I have the three front fans connected to the rgb header on my motherboard since they are rgb , is that the possible issue here ? Are they not able to be recognized because of that ?

6 minutes ago, Bryan2375 said:

So I am trying to mess around with the speeds of my fans to get some better temps but when ever I look into the bios or a different software that lets me tinker with the fans , the three case fans I have don’t show up , it only displays my cpu fan and rear fan . I have the three front fans connected to the rgb header on my motherboard since they are rgb , is that the possible issue here ? Are they not able to be recognized because of that ?

RGB connector is not a fan connector 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

12 minutes ago, Bryan2375 said:

are those 3 fans even spinning?

cause im pretty sure you plugged them in the wrong place

17 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

are those 3 fans even spinning?

cause im pretty sure you plugged them in the wrong place

Yes they are all spinning , all 3 are connected via a splitter which then has to be connected to an rgb header 

Just now, Bryan2375 said:

Yes they are all spinning , all 3 are connected via a splitter which then has to be connected to an rgb header 

which brand of fans do you have tho?

23 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Yea I know but they have to be connected to an rgb header on order for the rgb to work don’t they ? All 3 fans are connected via a splitter and have to be plugged into an rgb header .

the fans are from the coolermaster master 5 case .

9 hours ago, Constantin said:

I was thinking I had to connect my own RGB fan cable to the RGB connector on my motherboard to control my fan speed lol. This comment clarified this as I came thought the RGB cable was multipurpose. First time computer builder here.

25 minutes ago, DylanTech said:

I was thinking I had to connect my own RGB fan cable to the RGB connector on my motherboard to control my fan speed lol. This comment clarified this as I came thought the RGB cable was multipurpose. First time computer builder here.

No worries mate :)

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

13 hours ago, Bryan2375 said:

Yea I know but they have to be connected to an rgb header on order for the rgb to work don’t they ? All 3 fans are connected via a splitter and have to be plugged into an rgb header .

I'm sorry to triple-check this. So 3 fans are using splitter and are connected to where with that? The way splitters, and mobo headers, work is that you can only see speed of one fan of that splitter, the one with rpm pin. You can control all of them, but not individually. What mobo are you using and which header splitter is using?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I'm sorry to triple-check this. So 3 fans are using splitter and are connected to where with that? The way splitters, and mobo headers, work is that you can only see speed of one fan of that splitter, the one with rpm pin. You can control all of them, but not individually. What mobo are you using and which header splitter is using?

I don’t know what splitter it is , all I know is that all three fans are connected to it and I have a Asus b450 f motherboard 

3 minutes ago, Bryan2375 said:

I don’t know what splitter it is , all I know is that all three fans are connected to it and I have a Asus b450 f motherboard 

You don't know where the splitter is connected to? Thats the issue then. If its not connected to mobo, you can't control nor monitor fans. Besides CPU headers, your mobo has 4 fan headers. You could connect all fan directly to mobo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The rgb header is just for lighting. There should be another fan cable for power. Where are those connected?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.