[Poll] Rocket League Popularity

Nocte

Rocket League Popularity  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever heard of Rocket League?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you ever seen RLCS (Rocket League Championship)?

• Yes
    • No

I am an avid Rocket League player and sometimes I wish that the game was more popular on Twitch (since it averages 1,000 - 5,000 viewers when there are no esports events going).

The game is very active (100K+ people online at all times), but I was just wondering how mainstream this game is?

I am not going to do anything with the data here, just wanted to see the poll results.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

so you are polling people if they ever heard of rocket league..... but not if they like it or play it. just if they ever heard of it.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

so you are polling people if they ever heard of rocket league..... but not if they like it or play it. just if they ever heard of it.

Realised that after I submitted the topic. ?

But I'm mainly concerned about Twitch viewership than the game's playerbase.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

The game has pretty common playerbase in competitive ladder. At least on lower levels. Toxic and ready to throw match if opponent scores 2 goals. Sometimes even after first. I'd like to play more, but that kind of attitude isn't for me.

Watching... I watched last finals since they had a Finn playing. Thats my usual reason to watch esports currently.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I play regularly.  I don't think I'm that good, but it's fun and competitive. The community can be toxic (and I will admit I've been part of the problem sometimes) and sometimes I question how well the ranking and matchmaking system work, but I love that I can sit down for 10 minutes, play a match, and go back to doing something else or sit and play it for a few hours straight.

Edit:

Just a quick thought.  If I were going to contrast it with the other multiplayer game I play regularly, Siege, then I would I would say I prefer RL just because of the time factor.  A siege game, even a casual one, takes a lot more time to get through.  And it's fun and I love to play it with my friends, but if I'm about to fall asleep in the middle of a Siege match because it's after work and I'm tired, I can't just quit, versus RL it's not a problem because of the shorter matches.

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

Its really weird for me, I don't enjoy watching sports at all, even being from a State where football is everything... and I don't like eSports either, EXCEPT Rocket League... I watch it every chance I get, and get excited about it.

Its always baffled me as well how low the viewership on Twitch is, even for the tournaments. I think this year will be better with the Dreamhack Circuit being semi-regular so you can plan for it, and having it all announced for the whole year already. I mean RLCS should be starting in a few months (if it stays similar to previous years) and there still is absolutely no info on it yet. WSOE4 popped up out of nowhere, best I can tell there was about a week notice for the qualifiers, and the final is in two weeks. Its hard to watch something when you don't even know about it.

If Pysonix was smart they would have their eSports page show all major tournaments, not just RLCS/RLRS. Trying to navigate the Reddit thread is near impossible, especially now when its just rumor threads about roster moves.

2 hours ago, Scheer said:

-snip-

Yeah this year there are a lot of major tournaments lining up. Pretty hyped about it too.

2 hours ago, Scheer said:

If Pysonix was smart they would have their eSports page show all major tournaments, not just RLCS/RLRS. Trying to navigate the Reddit thread is near impossible, especially now when its just rumor threads about roster moves.

Agreed.

Unraid Server

I have seen two finals but was not really stoked about it. I prefer watching from one players perspective. It is more interesting this way for me. Tournament streams are nice to see rotations and whatnot, but it is not too exciting.

Playing is fun, as long as you disable every possibilty to communicate with your team mates or opponents when playing alone.