yoga book

TheBean

i really want the yoga book. but, its really old and the processor is really bad (intel atom). is there a newer version of this? i really want to use this to take notes in class. 

also, has this gotten android updates? if not, is there a rom that i can download that is fully compatible with the pen? preferably android noughat or above

• 1 month later...

I'm currently on the original Yoga Book and the Windows version is surprisingly fast. I was very concerned about the Atom processor as they are typically horrendous. The processor the use is a 4 core Atom and it is decently snappy (but not a powerhouse or anything). There is a new version with an i5 I believe. The features on that one seem to be a bit flashier and cooler too but the price difference is about 650 USD at the moment. I picked up mine used for 100 and I would definitely recommend it at that price. If you can upgrade the storage, I would even recommend it at 350. Also, the SD card slot slot is internal like a SIM card slot, and the sound is amazing for such a small book. If you pick up the original yoga book I would advise purchasing an OTG micro USB adapter and a multi-port USB hub in case you ever reset windows you will need an external keyboard to navigate the initial page (at least in my case). I hope this helps.