Radiator Placement

Are there any cons to attaching an AIO radiator to where your exhaust is for your case rather than where the intake is? (planning upgrades)

Slightly higher CPU temps, but I prefer it as exhaust because it usually screws over the GPU as an intake.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

depends on the style of GPU cooler you have, if you have a blower style card it doesn't really matter but if you have a open style GPU cooler (2/3fans for example) that will dumb the heat into the case and passes through the radiator.

with that said i'd recommend top mounted radiator as GPU's are more temp sensitive than CPU's.

if the CPU runs 10c higher it won't effect clock speeds but a GPU that runs 10c higher that will result in lower clocks.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

9 hours ago, wildthing said:

depends on the style of GPU cooler you have, if you have a blower style card it doesn't really matter but if you have a open style GPU cooler (2/3fans for example) that will dumb the heat into the case and passes through the radiator.

with that said i'd recommend top mounted radiator as GPU's are more temp sensitive than CPU's.

if the CPU runs 10c higher it won't effect clock speeds but a GPU that runs 10c higher that will result in lower clocks.

thanks for the recomedation but in my case i only have the option of a double radiator in the front or a single radiator at the back. would it be better for a rear placed radiator to keep my gpu (which is open style) cooler?

31 minutes ago, Niami said:

thanks for the recomedation but in my case i only have the option of a double radiator in the front or a single radiator at the back. would it be better for a rear placed radiator to keep my gpu (which is open style) cooler?

your GPU temps are going to be more than fine with a front mounted radiator.

also i would not recommend a single 120mm radiator for  CPU cooling it's just not worth it, go for the biggest aio you can fit and call it a day.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

1 minute ago, wildthing said:

your GPU temps are going to be more than fine with a front mounted radiator.

also i would not recommend a single 120mm radiator for  CPU cooling it's just not worth it, go for the biggest aio you can fit and call it a day.

Thanks! will remember this for my next upgrade.

I use them as exhaust always. 

Inhave great case fans so my Cpu birnmy gpu will suffer. Also using blower cards a majority of the time helps that. 

The card should take priority anyway. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz