$39.99 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD w/ Promo Code

Paul Rudd

$39.99 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD w/ Promo Code EMCTUTD25

• Quality brand HDD, arguably the best available, I have it tying the Western Digital Caviar Blue
  • Has not hit this price in over 2 years(unless someone found another promo code within that time frame)
  • 7200 RPM
  • 64MB Cache
  • Offer Ends at Midnight PST on Friday

1 minute ago, emosun said:

aren't 8tb drives only 150$

Yup.

Anything less than 8TB is not a deal these days.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

1 minute ago, emosun said:

aren't 8tb drives only 150$

I've seen them for around $200. The drive in the OP would be great for someone that just needs a storage drive for games or maybe stock up when family member's computers drives fail due to cat hair or lint contamination...

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Razor Blade said:

The drive in the OP would be great for someone that just needs a storage drive for games or maybe stock up when family member's computers drives fail due to cat hair or lint contamination...

Or when building their first gaming PC. Budget won't allow 8TB's in those builds.

6 hours ago, FIXXX said:

Yup.

Link? I see the 8TB's but they're $180.00($192.60 after tax). 

7 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Yup.

WD black only goes up to 6TB. The 8TB drives for desktop will be the slower spindle speeds which might not be great...Sure you can step up to enterprise class drives which offer the higher spindle speeds but you're going to pay twice the price... So IMO unless you plan to just use it to store files or use a storage solution like optane or storeMI, I wouldn't bother with 8TB+ drives on desktop.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Not sure how that relates to this.

oh well you see...... 8tb is the size...... and it's also a hard drive , meaning 40$ for a single 1tb drives makes it a terrible value.

unless...... you are somehow going to pitch the idea that someone who needs a fast drive shouldn't buy an ssd , or someone who needs space shouldn't get more for their money.

don't get me wrong 2011 me is super excited about a 40$ 1tb hdd

If I'd need storage - i'd get this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LQQHLGC/

$150 for 8TB.

6 hours ago, emosun said:

oh well you see...... 8tb is the size...... and it's also a hard drive , meaning 40$ for a single 1tb drives makes it a terrible value.

unless...... you are somehow going to pitch the idea that someone who aneeds a fast drive shouldn't buy an ssd , or someone who needs space shouldn't get more for their money.

don't get me wrong 2011 me is super excited about a 40$ 1tb hdd

Same exact position.

TechDeals deliberated on this topic and even on the cheapest builds wasn't finding a strong reason to get an HDD.

The benefits of an SSD are just too good.

Installing the OS and your stuff on the HDD, then having to offload all that and clone it to an SSD when you get to it, besides the fact that you'll need another storage location to keep the data while you're switching to the SSD. *sigh*

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

17 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Yup.

Not really. You don't need to buy an 8TB hard drive to get a good deal.

I can see your point but not everyone can afford to buy a $150 hard drive or even an SSD (by SSD I mean an SSD with good quality and a good amount of storage).

In budget builds the money generally goes into CPU and GPU since those are what make or break the system. Storage isn't really considered, and many people would rather get a better CPU/GPU than an SSD and a HDD. 

4 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Same exact position.

TechDeals deliberated on this topic and even on the cheapest builds wasn't finding a strong reason to get an HDD.

Installing the OS and your stuff on the HDD, then having to offload all that and clone it to an SSD when you get to it, besides the fact that you'll need another storage location to keep the data while you're switching to the SSD. *sigh*

yeah even a budget machine shouldnt use a hard drive for the os

i only see mass market cheapo machines still do this to get their storage specs higher so the machine looks good to new consumers.

17 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

Yup.

I disagree, even though you may get fewer gigabytes per dollar, there still remains value in the 1 to 6 TB Hard drive space for low end machines as mass storage drives for games and such. (honestly though, I would rather pick up a $60 2TB drive) This value remains present esp. in the sub $1000 PC space where every dollar  needs to justify itself, and honestly many consumers of this large market do not need, and can't afford 8+ TB drives or even 4+ TB, or large fast SSDs of a comparable size, when they can spend that money on a better CPU and/or GPU. A 120-512GB SSD and a 1-3TB HDD is enough for most users at this time.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

12 minutes ago, emosun said:

40$ for a single 1tb drives makes it a terrible value.

Not to gamers first getting into PC gaming and just wanting to build their first PC so they can actually play games. These people will not even think about 8TB HDD's. Those things are completely out of their budget. Hell, I've been gaming with a 1TB HDD plus a 3TB HDD for the past 2 years and I don't even think about an 8TB HDD. If I were to completely sell off my PC and build another one, I would put in a 3-6TB. I just have no reason to store 8TB's worth of games.

Just now, A Random Dude said:

Not to gamers first getting into PC gaming and just wanting to build their first PC so they can actually play games. These people will not even think about 8TB HDD's. Those things are completely out of their budget.

An 8TB drive is worth 2/3 the value of my computer.... (Including my 1TB HDD and 120GB SSD) So yeah way out of budget for me...

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

many consumers of this large market do not need, and can't afford 8+ TB drives or even 4+ TB

this isn't a good way to think as you get less for your money spending 40$ on a tb drive.

if you are low on money , then you get the most for your money.

not going change my mind there lol.

6 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

gamers first getting into PC gaming

and nothing pulls them in like the amazing benefits of....... a standard hdd running windows and a game at the same time.

What do you need 8TB's of storage for

what do you need 1tb for , get an ssd

12 minutes ago, FIXXX said:

I have not used nor needed an SSD in the past 2 years of my PC gaming experience. I can wait 20-30 extra seconds for my PC to boot up and 20-60 seconds for GTA 5(the longest loading game I have) to boot up. Once GTA 5 is booted up, the most amount of time I wait then is mayyyybe 20 seconds in the clouds from mission to mission.

Just now, A Random Dude said:

I have not used nor needed an SSD

yeah we can tell

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

and nothing pulls them in like the amazing benefits of....... a standard hdd running windows and a game at the same time.

Or maybe instead of dropping $150 on a slow 8TB drive... how about a 250GB SSD, a 1TB game storage drive, and about $60 to put toward a PSU, case, or motherboard?

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, emosun said:

yeah even a budget machine shouldnt use a hard drive for the os

My HDD has been running my OS flawlessly for the past 2 years. No issues whatsoever.

Just now, Razor Blade said:

Or maybe instead of dropping $150 on a slow 8TB drive... how about a 250GB SSD, a 1TB game storage drive, and about $60 to put toward a PSU, case, or motherboard.

wows its almost as if i said that already

11 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

honestly though, I would rather pick up a $60 2TB drive

Me too but that's an everyday price on those 2TB HDD's. This $39.99 deal has not been available on the 1TB Seagate BarraCuda in years. Unless you found another promo code in that time frame.

My HDD has been running my OS flawlessly for the past 2 years. No issues whatsoever.

Completely unrelated here... but an SSD for OS and applications is completely worth it... I wasn't a believer until I got one...

6 hours ago, emosun said:

wows its almost as if i said that already

Really? I must have missed that

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

this isn't a good way to think as you get less for your money spending 40$ on a tb drive.

What would NEW PC gamers rather do, spend $39.99 on a 1TB HDD and play virtually ANY game they wish or spend $192.60 on an 8TB HDD and NOT be able to play a single game on it since they can't afford the rest of their PC parts?