Help with leaking gpu waterblock.

I bought this block used and and it was seeping for 3 months. I cleaned the block and it started leaking worse. I am just wondering if there is a way to repair it. It was modified by previous owner for hd 7950. (I know water cooling is not necessary, but it makes it quiet.)

VID-AR797 Water Block (AMD Radeon HD 7970 Video Card) 

1546972315218814591829356476723.jpg

I'd just get a new block.

There's a much less lower risk of damage to components down that road as opposed to trying to repair it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Where's the oring ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Not really surprised it's leaking.

Doesn't appear to have an O-ring.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

FLEXSEAL/FLEXTAPE just ask jontron for some

all jokes aside you can seal up the plexi block with flex seal if you can find another oring or replacement piece of plexi. but i think you need an o ring so flex glue will work

2 hours ago, IshmaelB said:

I bought this block used and and it was seeping for 3 months. I cleaned the block and it started leaking worse. I am just wondering if there is a way to repair it. It was modified by previous owner for hd 7950. (I know water cooling is not necessary, but it makes it quiet.)

VID-AR797 Water Block (AMD Radeon HD 7970 Video Card) 

1546972315218814591829356476723.jpg

I just realized I omitted the o-ring I do have it and was not the problem. There are grooves in the metal.

Thank you to everyone who replied.