My windows 10 drive died. If I use a new windows drive, will my software raid stay intact?

Go to solution Solved by Xeliath,
2 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

How are the drives "clustered" 

If the drive that failed was not a "clustered" drive than all the data will be on those original disks.  Recommended to install the OS with those "clustered" drives unplugged to make sure there is no data loss.

So, if you create a window RAID without selecting a RAID, the it appears as if it is one drive (Like raid) but they operate seperately (like two separate drives)
It turns out that it was fine

So, I have two 4TB Drives in a data cluster (Not raid 0, but the OS thinks it's 1 disk), but then my main OS drive completely died. If I put a new drive in the system (for the OS) would the data stay intact?

Can anyone help me?

(I have a backup of the user files on the main drive, but not the full drive)

Yes, the OS drive was a SSD. Yes, I killed a fairly new SSD. But can anyone tell me?

Thank you

If the drive that failed was not a "clustered" drive than all the data will be on those original disks.  Recommended to install the OS with those "clustered" drives unplugged to make sure there is no data loss.

If you used Intel or AMD's RAID the data will be there no work needs to be done, if RAIDed in Windows there are probably some other steps

2 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

So, if you create a window RAID without selecting a RAID, the it appears as if it is one drive (Like raid) but they operate seperately (like two separate drives)
It turns out that it was fine

Just now, Snipergod87 said:

So you did RAID in Windows, all the data will still be there not sure the steps required to if you need to specify the array

It kept all data and the array intact. Nevermind

This seems like it is closed