Evaluate my pc build ig

Go to solution Solved by peanuts104,

Unless you want the best overclocking performance, I would get a B450 mobo and save a few bucks.  I would also go with the normal r5 2600, not the x version since everything I've heard says that the 2600 overclocks about the same as the 2600x.  If you don't plan to overclock then r5 2600x is fine since it will be faster out of the box.  I also recommend RAM with at a speed of at least 3000 MHz.  Memory speed affects Ryzen a lot and faster memory will improve your experience with Ryzen.  Other than that, everything else looks good.

Edit:

I forgot to mention, you may want to wait before pulling the trigger on this.  AMD may be announcing the next generation of Ryzen at CES and if the rumors are true, there will be massive performance gains (although I am a bit skeptical).

So I am planning on building a gaming pc, but I am fairly new with this kind of thing. I was just wondering if anyone could evaluate my build, or make sure there aren't any incompatibilities. 

Thanks

Build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Artizard/saved/

Link doesn't seem to be working... try to send it via the "Share" link usually in the top of the site.

PCPartPicker usually tells you if there any incompatibilities regardless :)

Unless you want the best overclocking performance, I would get a B450 mobo and save a few bucks.  I would also go with the normal r5 2600, not the x version since everything I've heard says that the 2600 overclocks about the same as the 2600x.  If you don't plan to overclock then r5 2600x is fine since it will be faster out of the box.  I also recommend RAM with at a speed of at least 3000 MHz.  Memory speed affects Ryzen a lot and faster memory will improve your experience with Ryzen.  Other than that, everything else looks good.

Edit:

I forgot to mention, you may want to wait before pulling the trigger on this.  AMD may be announcing the next generation of Ryzen at CES and if the rumors are true, there will be massive performance gains (although I am a bit skeptical).

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

Get a Windows key from eBay or something like that. Wayyyyyyy cheaper than full retail. Linus recently did a video on this 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Artizard/saved/#view=nnsNQ7 should be the link.

Wait to see what AMD announces on the 9th, but I sure wouldn't spend $500+ on a 1070 ti. I'd either wait for Navi, get a good deal on Vega or RTX or buy used Pascal/Maxwell cards. AMD is 110% announcing Ryzen 3000 and Navi at CES, just remember though it's only an official announcement necessarily a launch of all or any of the products.  

You'll also want faster ram for Ryzen, otherwise nothing stands out.

I'd say you should drop down to a B450 motherboard and you should try and get some faster RAM. 3000 MHz or higher if possible

As far as the CPU goes, I'd say wait for Ryzen 3000 series if you can and if you can't then you should drop to a R5 2600 and overclock.

Also why would you pay $500 dollars for a GTX 1070 ti. Nvidia just announced the 2060 for $349. If it's even close to that when it launches next week then that's a way better deal given it should be giving comparable performance.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

29 minutes ago, Artizard said:

So I am planning on building a gaming pc, but I am fairly new with this kind of thing. I was just wondering if anyone could evaluate my build, or make sure there aren't any incompatibilities. 

Thanks

Build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Artizard/saved/

Looks like a pretty solid build.
I would upgrade your RAM to at least 2666Mt/s and wait for 3rd genenations Ryzen CPUs to be released. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

why not this?

cheaper

better cpu (with aio for ocing)

better quality components

rgb(if you dont want this you can save about 100)

better looking parts

you could also go with this

much better gpu(could also try buying used and using the extra 200 to make you build look better) but doesn't look as good

1 hour ago, Happycowdance said:

why not this?

cheaper

better cpu (with aio for ocing)

better quality components

rgb(if you dont want this you can save about 100)

better looking parts

If he's gaming he don't want a ryzen 7 xd

I would suggest waiting for tomorrow when AMD (hopefully) announces zen 2 at CES, however if you cannot wait here's a list that's better than everyone else's in this thread

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright - Macho Direct 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($98.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($134.99 @ Amazon) just as good and cheaper.
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($479.99 @ Newegg) performs better for less.
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Antec - EDGE 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($98.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Acer - Predator XB241YU 23.8" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor  ($399.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Total: $1647.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-07 20:06 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W