EKWB aluminium kits for custom

Hi!

I'm starting to get into the world of water coolig solutions and i've found in my way this https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ .

I searched for a long time on the web before thinking about water cooling and i saw that more or less everyone (seller and buyers) are using copper, copper/brass, nickel, ... but no one is using aluminium.

I do not know why, aluminium is

1)cheaper

2)lighter

3)a better conductor (not so sure about that)

but it seems difficult to find, i think that only ekwb produce components with aluminium.

So, my question is: is it whorth buy one of the set in from the link above (i have an i7 8700k, i wish to OC, and an RTX 2080 FE, i think that there are no waterblock form ekwb at the moment) and maybe buy some upgrades later?(i see that they are selling expansions kits too)

Or i should buy "normal" copper ones?

EDIT: sorry, pasted the wrong link

1 minute ago, unielli95 said:

Hi!

I'm starting to get into the world of water coolig solutions and i've found in my way this https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits .

I searched for a long time on the web before thinking about water cooling and i saw that more or less everyone (seller and buyers) are using copper, copper/brass, nickel, ... but no one is using aluminium.

1)cheaper

2)lighter

but it seems difficult to find, i think that only ekwb produce components with aluminium.

So, my question is: is it whorth buy one of the set in from the link above (i have an i7 8700k, i wish to OC, and an RTX 2080 FE, i think that there are no waterblock form ekwb at the moment) and maybe buy some upgrades later?(i see that they are selling expansions kits too)

EKWB does make a full aluminum loop they are on a separate site, called their fluid gaming line to prevent confusion and the possibility of users mixing copper and aluminum together. 

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/

1 hour ago, unielli95 said:

Hi!

I'm starting to get into the world of water coolig solutions and i've found in my way this https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ .

1)cheaper

2)lighter

EDIT: sorry, pasted the wrong link

You cant mix metals like Aluminium and Copper in a water loop.

Copper has better heat transfer vs aluminium but is far more expensive.

Cheapo chinese loop parts are usauly aluminium, like those found on aliexpress. They work, but u cant mix metals , so u have to stick with aluminium.

EK's kits are fine, in terms of cooling performance they are not quite as good as copper, but deffinatly good enough if u want to enter into custom loops cheaply and without concern for issues.

personaly i would always sugest goign with a copper kit as it gives u far more flexibility, but if u simply dont have hte budget then Aluminium kits are fine, just make sure any future upgrades are also Aluminium.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, unielli95 said:

i have an i7 8700k, i wish to OC, and an RTX 2080 FE, i think that there are no waterblock form ekwb at the moment

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109813126

That's the compability list for EKWB's 2080 full cover block, and the 2080 FE is the one they actually built it for (or at least the one where they can confirm that it fits).

I've used an EK aluminum loop for a little over a year, and compared to copper I was really not impressed with it. I was cooling an i7 6850k and a 1080ti, both OCed to the maximum and my water temps were bad. What pissed me off the most was the lack off thicker radiators though, the 26mm alu rads are really not taking away much heat. For a medium powered system with a 2070 and an i5 or something close, the aluminum stuff is a really good and inexpensive solution, but as soon as you're trying to get rid off 500W with a 240mm and a 360mm radiator, you stepped over the limits off aluminum. You also won't find any temperature sensors for the loop, some pumps from other manufacturers have copper on the inside and the included SPC pump really isn't great and you also can't get any other fittings.

PC: Screw day theme users, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CPU: R9 3900X @ 4.375GHz All Core MoBo: ASRock X470 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Mushkin Redline @ 3200MHz 16-18-18-36 GPU: GTX 1080TI FE @ 2088MHz Cooling: Single 60x360mm rad w/ Scythe Kaze Flex, dual 45x540mm external rads passive, Nickel Plexi EKWB blocks, Alphacool VPP755V3 + Watercool Heatkiller Tube 250, Aquacomputer Quadro Case: Inter-Tech 4U 4129-N PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: 1TB Samsung 980 M2 SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda  Q1 SSD Network: Mellanox ConnectX-3 10G

NAS & Proxmox:

CPU:  Epyc 7302 MoBo: Supermicro H11SSL-i RAM:  8x32GB @ 2666MHz Samsung Registered ECC  Cooling: Enermax Liqtech TR4 II 360 w/ Corsair ML120 Case: InterTech 4F28 PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-650 Storage: 8x6TB HGST + 2x1TB WD Blue SN570 + 2x16GB Intel Optane SSDs Network: Mellanox ConnectX-3 10G

ML-Compute Server:

CPU:  i5 10600K MoBo: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus RAM: 4x8GB HyperX Fury @ 2133MHz8 GPU: Gainward GTX 1080TI Golden Sample Cooling: Single 30 Case: RackMax 2U 8-Bay Storage Case Storage: 512GB Patriot P300 + 4x2TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS Network: Intel Quad 1G

Laptop: Acer Travelmate B117 (absolutely low power, but 12h battery life :D)

Phone: Oneplus Nord

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34UC79G + 27GL63T Keyboard: KBDFans 65Rev2 Mouse: Logitech G603 Mousepad: Cheap-ass GMB Mouspad Headphones: AKG K7XX  Other stuff: Novation Launchpad MK2, Aune T1 USB DAC/Amp, Behringer UMC202HD + Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Mic

Cameras:

DSLR: Canon EOS 600D (Magic Lantern OS) Action Cam: GoPro Hero 3 Silver

Mountainbike:

Frame: Banshee Legend MKIII Fork: Marzocchi 380 C2R2 Titanium Rear shock: Rock Shox Vivid Air/Coil (switched depending on how I feel) Wheels: Spank Spike Race 33 Tires: Maxxis Minion DHR2/DHF Brakes: Magura MT5 Calipers with Shimano XT Levers Deraileur: Shimano Zee, Casette reduced to 6 Speed Crankset: Truvativ Descendant + 38T FSA Chainring Wheight: 16.4kg w/o pedals

I had bought it but it's just ok man....The block does run cool and ok fittings. 

Or just do whatever and buy it..got some fitting options or even buy just some cheap fittings and like Barrow's and Bysk, Bitspoweri stuff...fine too. 

Was slimmer options AM4..but Byski solved it...that Block is mini heatkiller...

2600x 4.3ghz-Loop

Msi X470 gaming plus

EVGA SuperSC CL16 3200 16gb

gtx 1060

pny nvme 480gb

mushkin eco3 480gb

Sound Blaster Audigy FX

Cooler Master GXII Pro 750w.

I can put together You're dream loop dude...even better stuff...you should spend you're money on better wc parts..like copper and brass imo..not aluminum....and I'll do nicer stuff like put a drain/plug in etc. 

2600x 4.3ghz-Loop

Msi X470 gaming plus

EVGA SuperSC CL16 3200 16gb

gtx 1060

pny nvme 480gb

mushkin eco3 480gb

Sound Blaster Audigy FX

Cooler Master GXII Pro 750w.

Ok guys! thank you every one, i think that i'll go with full copper/brass then ?

When i'll be back home i'll post some pieces that i found online, maybe you could give me me some advice on them ^_^

EDIT:

waterblock -> ek supremecy evo (copper) https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-evo

radiator -> ek-coolstream PE 360 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-pe-360-triple#ow_alert_box (maybe 240 would be ok too)

pomp - reservoir combo -> ex-xres 140 Revo D5 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-glass-revo-d5-pwm-incl-pump