Why would you even…?

10 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

Stagnation? STAGNATION??!!! oh boy … …. To stagnate ,, deliberately …. The fools!! haven't they learned anything from IBM?!?!   

IBM's business strategy as of late has been offering "custom designed" solutions for everything from flight tracking to logistics to supercomputing and ERP / HRM / CRM / POS systems on a completely custom totally not locked down cloud platform that somehow takes 2 steps backward for the customer in terms of pricing contracts even if they're adding new features - oh wait, now that I say it like that, sounds just like most computer hardware manufacturers :D 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

8 hours ago, Elremeneo said:

I'm thinking about buying another GPU I have a GTX 1060 and i'm not sure if is a good idea to buy an used 1080 ($400) or 1080 ti ($600) or buy a new 2070. ($550) or Don't upgrade at all and wait for the prices to drop on the new cards? 

8 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Depends on many factors, more specifics would be nice.

What games are you playing.

Yea because the 1060 will still be good for at least 3 more years. If you can be satisfied with lowering your settings each year, but only for a couple of games, games from 2013 still look great too, but what i mean is that there are only a couple of dev's out there who develop for the top tier alone, to me life is completely simple, i don't play games but i use desktop programs that simulate games, Nvidia doesn't even recognize those programs as games!, thus that removes the need for a gaming special but i can be happy on a top desktop apparatus … So what do you game? ;) 

It's too bad nVidia is pulling this kind of stuff, right after they showed off that they can do a-plenty on their own with very little competition during the Pascal days. AMD may as well have been sitting on ass since 2016, because even Vega managed to cause a stir...that stir stopped moving very quickly, especially in the wake of the cryptocraze and that "rebate" debacle. nVidia is clearly trying with this stuff, it takes a lot of effort to debut a lot of these new technologies, especially the ray tracing and the deep learning...but it all feels like one of those situations where they're offering us more of "a glimpse into the future" more than anything worth buying right now. The real-time ray tracing is a cool feature, and it's nuts to see it getting implemented now in a somewhat wide area, and it offers us a look at what GPUs will be doing pretty easily in 5-6 years from now.

But that's the whole problem. It's very good for the future, but we're not in 2024-2025. We're in 2019, or whatever right now is as far as I know. And the features are there, but I don't want them. I want graphics cards that can crush planets and slay titans, with power that absolutely corrupts, and I want tech to support them in the background, with connective bandwidth to handle how much info can be communicated between the CPU and the GPU and elsewhere, without getting stuck in those channels. And I don't want a primary selling feature to feel like the weighted training suit that keeps my card from running as recklessly as I know it can.

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

Gonna stay with GTX 1080Ti for quite a while. RTX being supported by one whole game after months of waiting since release is nothing short of a let down. I often bought latest and greatest out of curiosity even if I couldn't justify it on any level (like GTX 1080Ti lol, I just said fuck it and bought it while looking at vanilla GTX 1080 as replacement for GTX 980 that was not working well with my system). But for one game and performance just hardly better regular games, no way.

so i got  a 1060 right now. but i want to upgrade so do i get a GTX1080 or RTX2080? i usually game in 1080p but i have a 4k monitor. my CPU is an i7-6700K

12 minutes ago, Guitarpunkmasta said:

so i got  a 1060 right now. but i want to upgrade so do i get a GTX1080 or RTX2080? i usually game in 1080p but i have a 4k monitor. my CPU is an i7-6700K

Depends on the price and availability. GTX 1080 should work fine for 1080p at really high framerate, especially if you OC your CPU. Or if you wait for the GTX 1100 series that are allegedly planned and come without RTX feature. Frankly, it has been months and you basically have 1 game that supports it (BF5).

Then again, if you don't care about power consumption, throw an eye on Vega 64. They come quite cheaper now and deliver GTX 1080+ performance for quite less money. They go for 440-470€ (Sapphire Nitro version). Cheapest GTX 1080 I could find was 530€. Vega 64 actually isn't such a bad option all things considered (now).

5 hours ago, Kochiha Ichihara said:

But that's the whole problem. It's very good for the future, but we're not in 2024-2025. We're in 2019, or whatever right now is as far as I know. And the features are there, but I don't want them.

Is it a problem with the industry, or particular NVIDIA themselves, or is it a problem with people expecting way too much too so soon? I think about all of the other technology we've had in the past that people simply brushed it off as it was never going to work and slowly but surely, those who believed in it kept at it. And now some of those things are things we take for granted at best, seemingly cannot live without at worst.

8 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Is it a problem with the industry, or particular NVIDIA themselves, or is it a problem with people expecting way too much too so soon? I think about all of the other technology we've had in the past that people simply brushed it off as it was never going to work and slowly but surely, those who believed in it kept at it. And now some of those things are things we take for granted at best, seemingly cannot live without at worst.

It's the problem with this release. The point you're making is exactly mine; it's gonna be cool to see these features commonplace in the future. But as it is right now, it's just not there yet, or not there enough to warrant a major consumer release like this. It should be the kind of thing that creeps into things like the Titans and then works its way down. RTX's primary features do work, and they work pretty well all things considered, but they're what's driving the cost up. And after the giant leap that was Pascal, this feels a bit like a sputter...hell, I'd even say it feels a little bit like Turing and RTX were rushed out the gate, but I'm not sure I can even say that given how long it's been since they'd had to have started working on this.

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

On 1/7/2019 at 9:13 PM, Canada EH said:

Depends on many factors, more specifics would be nice.

What games are you playing.

I like to play all AAA title. My PC currently have an i7- 7700k, 16 gb ram and a PSU of 650W and i'm thinking about Record games to upload it to youtube. 

16 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

Yea because the 1060 will still be good for at least 3 more years. If you can be satisfied with lowering your settings each year, but only for a couple of games, games from 2013 still look great too, but what i mean is that there are only a couple of dev's out there who develop for the top tier alone, to me life is completely simple, i don't play games but i use desktop programs that simulate games, Nvidia doesn't even recognize those programs as games!, thus that removes the need for a gaming special but i can be happy on a top desktop apparatus … So what do you game? ;) 

Most likely AAA Games. Street Fighter, GTA V, The Division, Shadow of the tomb raider and game like that, I don't mind lowering the graphics a bit for more FPS. but it would be nice have one of those card to be future proof.

more reason to not buy this RTX series card for me.

i'll just wait for Navi (and hope its actually good)

if all things fail, i'm just get a used 1070 and be done with it

5 hours ago, Elremeneo said:

Most likely AAA Games. Street Fighter, GTA V, The Division, Shadow of the tomb raider and game like that, I don't mind lowering the graphics a bit for more FPS. but it would be nice have one of those card to be future proof.

future proof i such a nice word... most of the times gpu usage seems to be around 4 year, i have both a 1060 3gb and a 1050ti 4 gb … somewhere i think i'll be using the 1050 over a longer period then the 1060 but we well see what happens… maybe i'll give in to navi to try a amd card for once in my life 

HELLO EVERYONE I AM GETTING A USED ASUS  GTX 1080 ROG STRIX FOR 454.67 USD WHICH IS UNDER 2 YRS WARRANTY AND IN MY COUNTRY THE MARKET PRICE FOR A NEW CARD IS 1051.44 USD WHEREAS THE RTX 2060 HAS LAUNCHED IN MY COUNTRY AT 440.47 USD. SO WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY AS BY SEEING THE VIDEO IT SEEMS THAT IT'S STRUGGLING TO GIVE OVER 50 FPS WHEN RTX IS TURNED ON AT 4K BUT I DON'T KNOW THE AVERAGE FPS OF 1080 FOR THESE TITLES. WILL RTX BE A SIGNIFICANT SPEC FOR FUTURE GAMES OR IS ITS PROFITABLE TO SACRIFICE RTX FOR A GTX 1080... PLEASE GIVE UR REVIEWS PURELY BASED ON THE PERFORMANCE . I WILL SACRIFICE MY ALL HARD EARNED MONEY THAT I SAVED FROM A LONG TIME IN THIS SO PLEASE GIVE YOUR FEEDBACKS CAUTIOUSLY . THANK YOU..

YOU COMMENTS MATTERS A LOT...