Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iAli X

Which Console Should I Get ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys hope you’re all doing well , I’ve been confused which console should I get, I know that pc gaming is better in every single way but I need a console-beside my pc- for gaming on my tv

So I was asking what’s better experience PS4 slim or Xbox one s

And if I have to get one at a time which should I buy PS4 or Xbox one or Nintendo switch 

Thank you and I hope you have a great day 

If you already have a pc, probably a switch. It's what I did so I could also game on the go.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

16 minutes ago, iAli X said:

I’ve been confused which console should I get,

Wrong question.

Right question:
wich games do you want to play?

And then: Where can you play those games on.

Look that up.

but to answer your question, there are only 2 options:
PS4 and Switch.

Between those two, PS4 Slim as it is more powerful.

And has the better games.

You probably wouldn't play the games that are on PC on there, so between the two, you have The Master Chief Collection and Rare Replay on the XBox.

And on the other side you have Marvel's Spider-Man, God of War, Infamous Second Son (and first light), Horizon Zero Dawn.

And if I have to get one at a time which should I buy PS4 or Xbox one or Nintendo switch 

Switch is also an option.

For me as a WiiU owner, its mostly wasted as most of the exclusives are also on WiiU as well. So that doesn't leave much for me.

Bu the 3 Games I own: Octopath Traveller, Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warrior are all fine and I like them all.

I also have an XBox and don't use it as there is literally nothing on it that is really interesting. Halo was great almost 20 years ago, if you didn't play it back in the day, and have some nostalgia for it, its not that great or worth missing out on the Sony or Nintendo Exclusives...

So between PS4 and Switch I can recommend them both.

Just look at the games, wich ones you want to play. Or throw a coin...

But due to age, the PS4 has more amazing games. The Switch is kinda fresh and new, thus not that much available yet. Though ther

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

It all comes down to one question: What games do you want to play?

If the games you like are on both consoles, then choose the cheapest one. 

If you prefer games that are exclusive to a certain console (e.g. Forza Horizon 4) then buy the console that the game is exclusive to.

I'm not liable for anything that may happen to you and your PC if you decide to follow my advice. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

Make sure to tag or quote who you are trying to reply to, that way they will see your answer.

Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List 3.0 | Posting Guidelines | Build recommendations

18 minutes ago, 1kv said:

If you prefer games that are exclusive to a certain console (e.g. Forza Horizon 4) then buy the console that the game is exclusive to.

There is just one Problem with that statement:
Forza Horizon 4 is not exclusive to a console. Since 3 it also works on PC...

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

There is just one Problem with that statement:
Forza Horizon 4 is not exclusive to a console. Since 3 it also works on PC...

I never knew that. On the packaging it says "Xbox One Console Exclusive".

Oh well, thanks for letting me know :) 

I'm not liable for anything that may happen to you and your PC if you decide to follow my advice. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, some things may not be correct.

Make sure to tag or quote who you are trying to reply to, that way they will see your answer.

Useful links: Community Standards | PSU Tier List 3.0 | Posting Guidelines | Build recommendations

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

I never knew that. On the packaging it says "Xbox One Console Exclusive".

Oh well, thanks for letting me know :) 

Yeah, disc version is XBox One Exclusive, the Online store version can run on XBox and PC:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-horizon-4

Thanks guys for replying I appreciate it

for what games I want to play most of FPS games I want to play is available on PS4 and Xbox one except for uncharted 4 it’s only on ps but I also love Nintendo games so that’s the problem 

even more I heard that some games like (fortnite) doesn’t allow you to link an account linked to PS4 to other consoles like Xbox and switch and some Doesn’t allow cross play between other platforms and PS4 so that’s a downside

xbox deals are better now as you can find the one s  cheaper than PS4 

there was a deal on amazon a PS4 slim 500gb for 200€ But it’s gone and now Xbox one s 1tb for 200€ and 2tb for 250€ as for the switch I can’t find any deals 

also a problem that my isn’t that capable for modern games anymore so I’m going to build a new one but not now as it need a bigger budget so my console may be my primary gaming machine for sometime 

again thanks guys for replying 

have a nice day

4 hours ago, iAli X said:

for what games I want to play most of FPS games I want to play is available on PS4 and Xbox one except for uncharted 4 it’s only on ps but I also love Nintendo games so that’s the problem 

Ähm, for those FPS Games, I wouldn't endorse Consoles. Playing with Gamepad gives you a serious disadvantage...

Thing is that Consoles are still mostly Single Player or have a couple of the best Single Player games...

Maybe you could look at the Games I mentioned and play them instead??

There are Shooters on Console but if you're used to mouse and keyboard and decently competent with it, there is no reason for it...

even more I heard that some games like (fortnite) doesn’t allow you to link an account linked to PS4 to other consoles like Xbox and switch and some Doesn’t allow cross play between other platforms and PS4 so that’s a downside

Yeah and the Cross Play stuff is bullshit with that anyway...

Playing with other Consoleros, OK. That would make sense.

Play with PC Users? Ähm, no. Just no.

Because they have some serious advantages over you because mouse and keyboard.

xbox deals are better now as you can find the one s  cheaper than PS4 

Yeah, obviously. Because nodboy wants the XBox and most people want the PS4, especially because of that:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/god-of-war

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/marvels-spider-man

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/persona-5

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/detroit-become-human

also a problem that my isn’t that capable for modern games anymore so I’m going to build a new one but not now as it need a bigger budget so my console may be my primary gaming machine for sometime 

Hm, that sucks. 

If you're low on money, I'd not recommend the Nintendo Console as people told me that there are hardly any sales. And the Games retain their prices...

So that isn't really a great option. 

Sony has some nice sales from time to time...

That is sadly one of the things that disqualifies Nintendo :(

Though right now there is a sale for Octopath Traveller with 40% off or so (so 35€ instead of 60)...

You have a PC already so an X-Box is a waste of money, grab a PS4 or Switch depending on what exclusives you're into, personally i'd go for the PS4, crazy amount of awesome exclusives with more to come this year. 

On 1/7/2019 at 12:05 AM, iAli X said:

Hi guys hope you’re all doing well , I’ve been confused which console should I get, I know that pc gaming is better in every single way but I need a console-beside my pc- for gaming on my tv

Thank you and I hope you have a great day 

imo pc has some downfalls like it's not as easy to use and doesn't have almost any AAA exclusives.

I'd go with ps4 slim or nintendo switch. Simply because they have many great exclusives

Damn....

Actually the only thing making me listing Xbox is the support of keyboard and mouse, if this feature gets across games on Xbox it’ll be a solid gaming pc-like console for 300$ that’s why I like Xbox plus you can share games and saves between your Xbox and pc 

3 hours ago, iAli X said:

Actually the only thing making me listing Xbox is the support of keyboard and mouse, if this feature gets across games on Xbox it’ll be a solid gaming pc-like console for 300$ that’s why I like Xbox plus you can share games and saves between your Xbox and pc 

PS4 also allows that since launch. 

Final Fantasy XIV supports Key+Mouse. 

Its just that M$ made a big furor out of that when "the other side" supports it since the beginning.

Problem is that nobody uses it. Even if it is available, for whatever reason.

So its more a thing of the Game Companys to implement Keyboard Support on Playstation - wich they didn't.

Xbox Exclusives often come with 'Play Anywhere' that means you get to play them on PC, through Windows App Store. 

So I'd say PS4. I bought xbox one at launch and I recently traded it in for a PS4 Pro. PS4 has the console games worth playing this generation. Last gen it was Xbox 360, but this year it's Playstation 4. 

Then go for switch next, that's what I have. I got a switch at launch and never regretted it. Some of the best games of all time are already on the switch. The Switch made me love playing videogames again. 

3 hours ago, DaltonM said:

Xbox Exclusives often come with 'Play Anywhere' that means you get to play them on PC, through Windows App Store. 

Wich doesn't make them exclusive, because it runs on PC, right? 🤔

Last gen it was Xbox 360, but this year it's Playstation 4. 

I slightly disagree and say it depends, what type of games you like.

It was more nuanced last gen, so much that you could say "throw a coin", in terms of Exclusives. Well, at least if we talk about JRPG and stuff like that, but then again, there isn't too much difference between the two.

If we talk about Multi Plattform titles, its a different story as the PS3 is kinda crappy and sometimes even looks weird (something about the color palette that is different).

Then go for switch next, that's what I have. I got a switch at launch and never regretted it. Some of the best games of all time are already on the switch. The Switch made me love playing videogames again. 

I'd mostly agree with that, with one caviat:
Only if you didn't own a WiiU. If you did, the Switch isn't for you (yet).

Though there are some Switch Exclusives that weren't on the WiiU, its not much yet.

If you wanted an Xbox, you would get a controller, plug your PC into your TV, and get the games there. However, there are still a few console games for Xbox that are not on PC, such as Red Dead 2. But then you should be getting a PS4 because it has all of the console-exclusive games. So yea, like everyone else said PS4, probably. 

On 1/21/2019 at 9:59 PM, Stefan Payne said:

Wich doesn't make them exclusive, because it runs on PC, right? 🤔

They say 'Console Exclusive' on the box

1 hour ago, DaltonM said:

They say 'Console Exclusive' on the box

Well, yeah, the BD Version IIRC only runs on XBox while the Online Version runs on both.

But that game can be run on PC as well, if bought correctly.

So that doesn't really make it an exclusive...

Exclusives go for ps4 

Xbox is cheaper 

Xbox is entertainment device

Ps4 is just for gaming

Plus ps4 generally gives better res than xbox one s

6 hours ago, Ax200 said:

Xbox is cheaper 

No, the X is more expensive.

But the Hardware is also shittier.

6 hours ago, Ax200 said:

Xbox is entertainment device

In what way?
What does it do?
What can it do that PS4 can not??

As for Entertainment device, HDMI CEC is important for that. And the XBox doesn't support it...

6 hours ago, Ax200 said:

Ps4 is just for gaming

_ALL_ Consoles are mostly just for gaming.

If you see it different, you are wrong.

You can do other stuff (like watch a Bluray), but it makes little sense as the power consumption is rather high (60-80W for the Premium Consoles in idle/UI).

And the Media Player is rather shitty as well.

6 hours ago, Ax200 said:

Plus ps4 generally gives better res than xbox one s

...and better Games...

Sorry, but the XBox, at this point, makes little sense. Especially the One S...

On 2/9/2019 at 2:32 AM, Stefan Payne said:

No, the X is more expensive.

But the Hardware is also shittier.

In what way?
What does it do?
What can it do that PS4 can not??

As for Entertainment device, HDMI CEC is important for that. And the XBox doesn't support it...

_ALL_ Consoles are mostly just for gaming.

If you see it different, you are wrong.

You can do other stuff (like watch a Bluray), but it makes little sense as the power consumption is rather high (60-80W for the Premium Consoles in idle/UI).

And the Media Player is rather shitty as well.

...and better Games...

Sorry, but the XBox, at this point, makes little sense. Especially the One S...

He is talking only about ps4 slim and xbox one s 

Moreover i am a pc gamer do not think that i am supporting the xbox

9 hours ago, Ax200 said:

He is talking only about ps4 slim and xbox one s 

Yes and I was mentioning that the XBox One X is more expensive.

And the Hardware of the Xbox One S is also shittier (way less Memory Bandwith).

Moreover i am a pc gamer do not think that i am supporting the xbox

I'm just a gamer. I do not care where it runs on, I have it all...

BUT: A console without good exclusives is bullshit as it doesn't increase the amount of games I can play.

That isn't the only issue about the XBox One...

1. The Controller didn't innovate
  2. No Bluetooth Support (-> no Wireless Headsets)
  3. Marketed as an "Entertainment Device" but doesn't support HDMI CEC
  4. Has HDMI Passthrough but doesn't work when Console is in Standby.
  5. the "advanced Standby" Power Consumption is rediculous -> like 20W or so (on the one X).
  6. And the best thing: Is marketed as Backwards compatible but you can't buy XBox 360 Games from the Webinterface on Windows or on the XBox One itself with the Money in your M$ Account (=Gift Cards).

You have to pay for that with Paypal, Credit Card or whatever.